ImageImageImageImageImage

Jump into the Poole Party: The Official Jordan Poole Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,744

Re: Jump into the Poole Party: The Official Jordan Poole Thread 

Post#141 » by gambitx777 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:31 pm

People are so hateful to this kid. He's not great but he's meh had a bad start. But he's ok.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,744

Post#142 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:41 am

He's played better as of late . I don't think he's untradable.

Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,478

Post#143 » by Godymas » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:20 pm

you know it's interesting, Poole is actually averaging less than 30mpg, he isn't seeing some insane usage. The other thing is his efficiency, it's worse, but isn't some massive fall-off from who he was with the Warriors. What it feels like is, Jordan Poole is just an ok NBA player that is a little overpaid. A lot of people look at him as a star for the brief time he was with the Warriors and playing well. The right way to look at Poole is just an average NBA scoring guard. He was pretty much a bench guy in Golden State and that's really what he should be for his career.

I still don't hate the gamble that much, what I do hate is WUJ's coaching when it seems so clear that Deni and Kispert could be the future of this team.

At least Kuz is our consistent guy.
Godymas
Veteran

Post#144 » by Godymas » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:37 pm

TGW wrote:
Godymas wrote:What it feels like is, Jordan Poole is just an ok NBA player that is a little overpaid.

I don't know what games you are watching...right now, nothing he does could be considered as "ok". He is quite literally awful at everything according to the data and my eyes. Let's not sugarcoat things...if he continues to play like this, he's not an NBA player. He is China worthy.

Now is it his fault, the coaching, or the system...I think its a combination of all three, but LBH...he is NOT an ok player.

he's dropping 17 ppg in 27 mpg on below average efficiency, that isn't necessarily China status, especially for a young guard. Obviously that's all he's giving, but what it means is he's a role player, not a star, which everyone pretty much knew but one hot few months made people think he could be a star.

I'd rather see him with more competent coaching though. WUJ is legitimately not a good coach.
Godymas
Veteran

Post#145 » by Godymas » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:39 pm

Frichuela wrote:
Godymas wrote:you know it's interesting, Poole is actually averaging less than 30mpg, he isn't seeing some insane usage. The other thing is his efficiency, it's worse, but isn't some massive fall-off from who he was with the Warriors. What it feels like is, Jordan Poole is just an ok NBA player that is a little overpaid. A lot of people look at him as a star for the brief time he was with the Warriors and playing well. The right way to look at Poole is just an average NBA scoring guard. He was pretty much a bench guy in Golden State and that's really what he should be for his career.

I still don't hate the gamble that much, what I do hate is WUJ's coaching when it seems so clear that Deni and Kispert could be the future of this team.

At least Kuz is our consistent guy.

Yes. Poole is -at best- a top 75-100 NBA player at the moment. And when I say at best, is if he returns to anything close to his 2021-22 season form. I think Wes mediocre coaching may not be doing him any favors, particularly offensively where he is expected to deliver like an all-star.

On the future of this team, I'd say that Bilal and Deni are the top 2. Kispert better improve defensively to be playable in a hypothetical playoff format.

it's really really early to say anything about Bilal, he has looked promising, but the sample size is so unbelievably small.
GoneShammGone
Junior
And1: 168

Post#146 » by GoneShammGone » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:29 pm

Seems like the obvious next step is to bring him off the bench. That way his minutes can be limited without really affecting the rotations. If he is doing the right things, fine, play him 20 minutes. If not, then don't put him in in the second half and replace him with Butler. Limit the scope of his damage. Start Shamet and if he's not available, hell, start Johnny. As bad as he is, he isn't worse than Jordan.

I would just assume not play Jordan at all, but you have to give him some minutes in the slim hopes of building his value for a trade. But I think the reality is that we are stuck with him for at least this year, and probably next year as well.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#147 » by Halcyon » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:40 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he scored like 27 ppg on average efficiency. This roster as it stands doesn't look like it has a ton of shot creators.
Halcyon
Veteran

Post#148 » by Halcyon » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:43 am

Green is a clown. Honestly Poole has been super professional about it.
Halcyon
Veteran

Post#149 » by Halcyon » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:30 pm

Draymond doesn't seem to be the most emotionally regulated person. I'm sure he didn't punch Poole out of nowhere, but a poor attitude from Poole doesn't justify it. Sounds like a coverup by the Warriors mob.
Halcyon
Veteran

Post#150 » by Halcyon » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:35 pm

I pray every night that Poole balls out so we can trick someone into trading for him.
Hibachi_0
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#151 » by Hibachi_0 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:14 pm

Sorry but I don't buy the "JP bullying Draymond" story. The Warriors had to choose to throw under the bus the guy from the Warriord legacy Big Three that will get his number retired or the young primising guy who if traded nobody will remember. I think the answer is clear seeing how it ended up going.
Hibachi_0
Sophomore

Post#152 » by Hibachi_0 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:27 pm

NatP4 wrote:
No they traded the bad player on the bad contract and kept the very good player.

True. Change the "big three" player for good and "young promising" for bad. Doesn't change the fact that it was clear with who the Warriors would take sides with.
Hibachi_0
Sophomore

Post#153 » by Hibachi_0 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:43 pm

NatP4 wrote:Very true. And totally mishandle it along the way. Why didn’t the team suspend him for an extended period of time and publicly make a stronger statement about that kind of behavior??

Because he is Draymond Green. If it was the other way around I'm sure it would have ended differently. It was not a fight, one knocked the other one out after being pushed away.
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#154 » by Hidden Eye » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:51 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
willbcocks wrote:Poole is terrible, even worse than expected. And I hated the trade and had low expectations in the first place.
We have to remember it's the best we could do with Beal **** us .

Can't expect much this early on, it's obvious he's not ready to carry all the heavy weight. He came from GS who covered his weaknesses now to starting and expecting big results. Kuz got here and didn't play like he is now. It will take time for him to adjust. I'd like to see his assist go up.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#155 » by J-Ves » Fri Jul 7, 2023 5:29 pm

Chaos Revenant wrote:So all in all, the trade looks like Beal for Poole, a bunch of 2nds, some potentially interesting pick swaps (those 2028 and 2030 pick swaps will be fascinating - Beal and Durant have health concerns, and Durant is 34 already), a heavily protected 1st, Baldwin III, whoever we get for Shamet, and Tyus Jones. Not horrible seeing the position we were in.

The gambit is if Poole can become a hot trade asset at some point in his tenure with the Wiz. If so that was great value for a hard to move contract.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#156 » by J-Ves » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:43 pm

Kind of crazy how the new FO found a younger, cheaper, more durable version of Beal and they got him for basically nothing. I’m surprised that Poole’s trade value was viewed the way that it was when I wouldn’t even say he had that much of a down year. I mean high usage, high efficiency guards that also create for others is one of those player profiles that teams are generally fond of
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#157 » by Jimmy Recard » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:59 am

Watching him I get the same vibes as the knucklehead crew - Crawful/nick young/blatche. Has some talent but will never reach his potential cause he’s a low iq player who doesn’t play team basketball or make winning plays.
joshuacf
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#158 » by joshuacf » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:24 pm

TGW wrote:The rumor is that Poole was actually bullying Draymond non-stop during that practice, and that's why GS didn't discipline Draymond as harshly as they could have. Random source, but Cam'Ron (rapper turned sports analyst) knows people on the team and that's what they told him.

I don't know if the rumors are true, but from what Cam'ron is saying, Poole was saying some downright disrespectful shxt that put Draymond over the edge.

A comment in the video:

Warriors fan, from the bay. The source is 100% correct. That is what JP said. It is no secret around here, that JP came into camp with a big ego and a bad attitude. Players were quietly telling local sports reporters about his attitude PRIOR to the punch.

Poole saying he's hooked up with more girls than Draymond and that Draymond was broke is "downright disrespectful"? Those are the most milk toast generic insults you could throw at someone.

Unless Poole said something about Draymond's family or something of that nature, which I doubt, nothing warranted Draymond throwing a punch. It's hilarious that you think calling someone who's made $155M in NBA salary broke is somehow this crazy awful insult.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,366

Post#159 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=XZRUUjvHdgSU1Aj1HJAVpg
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,366

Post#160 » by Kanyewest » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:33 pm