So Pacers just trade Oladipo, and they kinda sorta have an opening at SG

So... Beal?

Is there a possible trade between the two teams
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,969

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXIX 

Post#1462 » by Frichuela » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:31 pm

Topofthekey wrote:So Pacers just trade Oladipo, and they kinda sorta have an opening at SG

So... Beal?

Won't Levert play the SG or SF position depending on match ups and need? Why would they want to trade for Beal?
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,590

Post#1463 » by pcbothwel » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:40 pm

Frichuela wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:So Pacers just trade Oladipo, and they kinda sorta have an opening at SG

So... Beal?

Won't Levert play the SG or SF position depending on match ups and need? Why would they want to trade for Beal?

Agreed. Brogdon is a bit of a combo guard and excels in C&S, so Levert as more of the playmaker/distributer at the 2 works well for them.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#1464 » by Frichuela » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 pm

The more I think about it, the best suitor for a Beal trade continues to be Miami. All other potential suitors (GS, Min, Atl/Phi, Denver) are unlikely to offer a young talent as promising as Herro, or a top-3 pick in the 2021 draft.

Miami is currently 4-6. The window for Butler and Dragic is getting shorter. If they want to compete now, Beal is such a great fit for them. Now, how much value can we get from them?

Could we get Herro, Achiuwa and Robinson? And then, could we flip Robinson to a third party that would net us a lottery pick in the 2021 draft? IMO- this is likely to be the best option, as we would have two potential lottery picks in the 2021 draft, in addition to two promising prospects in Herro and Achiuwa.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1465 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:43 pm

So... Beal?

I don't see it unless Washington WILDLY over-estimates Turner's value. Indy would offer Turner and 4 low 1sts and 4 draft swap options. Not enough.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#1466 » by Topofthekey » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:46 pm

Ruzious wrote:

So... Beal?

I don't see it unless Washington WILDLY over-estimates Turner's value. Indy would offer Turner and 4 low 1sts and 4 draft swap options. Not enough.

Yes, it's probably not enough, and Pacers probably wouldn't want to break up the Turner-Sabonis duo as well

But a frontcourt of Turner-Hachimura-Avdija is very intriguing
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#1467 » by Topofthekey » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:56 pm

Frichuela wrote:The more I think about it, the best suitor for a Beal trade continues to be Miami. All other potential suitors (GS, Min, Atl/Phi, Denver) are unlikely to offer a young talent as promising as Herro, or a top-3 pick in the 2021 draft.

Miami is currently 4-6. The window for Butler and Dragic is getting shorter. If they want to compete now, Beal is such a great fit for them. Now, how much value can we get from them?

Could we get Herro, Achiuwa and Robinson? And then, could we flip Robinson to a third party that would net us a lottery pick in the 2021 draft? IMO- this is likely to be the best option, as we would have two potential lottery picks in the 2021 draft, in addition to two promising prospects in Herro and Achiuwa.

"Trade them (Herro, Robinson, Nunn) before they get exposed next year, while their value is all-time high"

They literally have a thread with that title on their board

You are here wondering whether you can get Herro, Achiuwa, and Robinson for Beal, while they are literally wondering what can they get for their young players before their value tanks after getting exposed
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#1468 » by Frichuela » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:15 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Frichuela wrote:The more I think about it, the best suitor for a Beal trade continues to be Miami. All other potential suitors (GS, Min, Atl/Phi, Denver) are unlikely to offer a young talent as promising as Herro, or a top-3 pick in the 2021 draft.

"Trade them (Herro, Robinson, Nunn) before they get exposed next year, while their value is all-time high"

You are here wondering whether you can get Herro, Achiuwa, and Robinson for Beal, while they are literally wondering what can they get for their young players before their value tanks after getting exposed

Indeed, although is a bit dated that thread (last comment posted Dec 20). Well, this may show this could be a realistic trade scenario. In life you need two to tango!

The question is which lottery bound team in the 2021 draft may be interested in trading their 1st round pick for Duncan Robinson? Would the Knicks, Bulls, Cavs, Kings or Grizzlies do it? and would they accept it to be an unprotected pick or demand some sort of protection?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1469 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:25 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

So... Beal?

Yes, it's probably not enough, and Pacers probably wouldn't want to break up the Turner-Sabonis duo as well

I didn't realize - Turner's defensive stats are tremendous this season - easily the best of his career. If he keeps it up, he could make the All-Defensive Team. His rebounding and offense are not good.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,478

Post#1470 » by NatP4 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:27 pm

Topofthekey wrote:

:lol:

That is pretty hilarious, although a lot of the posts in that thread disagree that the play of Robinson and Herro will drop off. Not much defense of Nunn, though no one on this board really wants Nunn. The thread doesn’t feature Achiuwa in the trade scenario.

I still think Herro, Achiuwa, Robinson, and a future 1st would be a solid package for Beal.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#1471 » by Topofthekey » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I don't see it unless Washington WILDLY over-estimates Turner's value. Indy would offer Turner and 4 low 1sts and 4 draft swap options. Not enough.

I didn't realize - Turner's defensive stats are tremendous this season - easily the best of his career. If he keeps it up, he could make the All-Defensive Team. His rebounding and offense are not good.

True, but he's improving

Offense shouldn't be too much of an issue, since Wizards have Rui, and Avdija looks like he could develop into a reliable weapon as well

It just feels like a rim protector and 3pt threat like Turner would be a good match with Rui

Rebounding could be an issue :dontknow:
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1472 » by NatP4 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Actually, a lot of posters on the Miami board think Bam would have to be included in a Beal trade.

They think the world of Herro, and think nothing of Nunn
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#1473 » by TGW » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:28 pm

Ruzious wrote:

So... Beal?

I imagine Levert would have to be included in that package. Does that make it better?

Levert, Turner, 4 firsts, and 4 draft swaps.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
gesa2
Rookie
And1: 263

Post#1474 » by gesa2 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:29 pm

I'm not convinced that Herro will be as good as some on here seem to think, so I'm also not a believer that the Miami trade proposals are all that convincing.
I think the best asset we could conceivably get for Beal is likely Ben Simmons, but the idea of 3 years of Simmons and Westbrook in a half court offense is painful. What about this as a proposal - Beal and Westbrook for Simmons Harris and a 2024 unprotected first?
The idea is that they get a win now player that fits much better with Embiid, and we get a star that fits the timeline of the rest of our youth movement so we can start over.
DCsOwn
Junior
And1: 126

Post#1475 » by DCsOwn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:51 pm

My thoughts regarding a potential Beal trade:

I think the Warriors make the most sense for both parties of any of the teams listed honestly. Beal for Wiseman/Minnesota's first rounder in this draft, a pick swap or two, maybe one other first in the future to offset the chance that they miss out on the Minny first in this strong draft and whatever salary filler required would get it done for me. The Warriors (potentially) extend their window, get Steph Curry some scoring assistance as he continues to age, they get some Klay insurance and Beal gets to go to a team with a reasonable chance to compete for something meaningful, and on the other side the Wizards get (essentially) two high firsts (Wiseman being one of them) including the type of talented frountcourt player they've lack since Chris Webber. That Minny first (assuming it conveys this season) could turn into Green or Kuminga, which could mean that as soon as next season the Wizards could potentially trot out a young core featuring something like Suggs (their pick)-Green-Avdija-Hachimura-Wiseman/Bryant. That's a grouping with some promise, even though it'll struggle again next year. I like that much more for DC than anything else I've seen tbh.

This board is collectively lower on Wiseman than most anywhere else I've seen iirc, but what say you with regard to this package?
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 8,003

Post#1476 » by payitforward » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:04 pm

From that POV, you are right, of course.

Anyway, there's nothing really to take any further. I am not acquainted w/ Pat Riley, so my saying "I don't think he will..." something or other is no different from saying that in his position I wouldn't do it.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1477 » by NatP4 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:06 pm

Put me down as someone that is completely against adding bad contracts to trade packages featuring your franchise player that diminish value. We can worry about Westbrook at a later point. Get the best possible assets for Beal.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 8,003

Post#1478 » by payitforward » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:18 pm

SA37 wrote:
payitforward wrote:The ideas are starting to get interesting. But, as I just wrote, I have trouble believing that Miami will trade a bunch of young players. Some other thoughts...

I think we are in too much of a hurry to conclude that Tyler Herro is going to be something special. I'm not saying he won't be, but I'd say it's too early to place a bet -- & there aren't enough reasons to. Look at the numbers instead of remembering when you saw him do this, that or some other thing.

On the other hand, I can't see how Brad has more trade value than Harden, as Ruz has suggested. He is absolutely playing his ask off the the question right now, but he'll get valued on his whole career not on how he's playing right now. Just as Harden did.

OTOH, I love the idea of a deal w/ OKC -- they have lots of picks, & picks are what we need most.

If everyone knew Herro was for sure going to be something special -- and given he is already playing really well -- why would Miami trade him? ...

Well that's kind of a good point isn't it? :)
(Even though I wouldn't say he is playing all that well -- especially so far this year....)

SA37 wrote:Whether you trade for Herro, Ben Simmons, or draft picks, there is some level of risk involved (Herro not becoming the player you hoped he'd be, Simmons not being the franchise cornerstone some people believe he can be, the picks being lower than you expected/your picks being a bust or just average NBA guys)....

&, for that matter, of Beal not sustaining at his current level....

In this too you are right -- every trade has risks attached to it for all parties.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1479 » by NatP4 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:32 pm

Diallo+Dort for Hachimura.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#1480 » by prime1time » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:39 pm

Might not be popular but I want to trade for Towns. He fits well with Beal, he could be on the market and he's not even in his prime yet and has posted some dominant seasons. Westbrook/Beal/Towns, assuming Westbrook can come back to form could be very effective.

Return to Washington Wizards