Official Trade Thread - Part XLII

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLII 

Post#1961 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:38 pm

mhd wrote:
Dolevi wrote:Beal's injury is the best thing that could have happened to this failed organisation. Just let the tanking begin and get rid from all your old garbage. Start with the youngers and hope something good will happen. You can't be competitive any more from now on.

Even though Bryant is "young", I hope he's traded ASAP. He's certainly a tank commander.

Bryant stinks, doesn't have the desire to be good. Jettison if you can get anything in return.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,590

Post#1962 » by nate33 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:46 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
mhd wrote:
Dolevi wrote:Beal's injury is the best thing that could have happened to this failed organisation. Just let the tanking begin and get rid from all your old garbage. Start with the youngers and hope something good will happen. You can't be competitive any more from now on.

Even though Bryant is "young", I hope he's traded ASAP. He's certainly a tank commander.

Bryant stinks, doesn't have the desire to be good. Jettison if you can get anything in return.

I think this is completely wrong. Bryant strikes me as a guy with tremendous work ethic and enthusiasm for the game. He just has cement shoes. There's not much he can do about his absence of lateral mobility and explosion.

It may be true that he never pans out as a plus player, but it's not due to lack of desire.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,488

Post#1963 » by mhd » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:50 pm

I doubt Orlando agrees, but if we could get Fultz for Dinwiddie, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Gig18
Junior
And1: 138

Post#1964 » by Gig18 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:51 pm

how in the name of all that's holy did we ever start 10-3?
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,589

Post#1965 » by pcbothwel » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:55 pm

nate33 wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
mhd wrote:

I think this is completely wrong. Bryant strikes me as a guy with tremendous work ethic and enthusiasm for the game. He just has cement shoes. There's not much he can do about his absence of lateral mobility and explosion.

It may be true that he never pans out as a plus player, but it's not due to lack of desire.

Totally agree. Love Bryant, but he just cant hang defensively. His sheer size and length would allow him to overcome the slow feet, but he doesn't have the defensive IQ.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#1966 » by AFM » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:58 pm

NatP4 wrote:It’s not the best thing, but atleast we won’t Supermax him.

someone make a note of this post for later
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,158

Post#1967 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:59 pm

I just don't think we are going to get anything meaningful done at the deadline. Just don't see it now... but Tommy plays it close to the vest - so we will see...
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#1968 » by gambitx777 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:03 pm

Considering some moves some other teams are making. I'm hoping that the jazz are desperate enough to take bertans for Ingles dead body and call it a day.

Dinwiddie is still see as a starting point guard around the league and a lot of people blame fit for the issues so. I'm hopeful we can still move him somewhere too. If we can clear this to with little loss or cost I'd call it a win!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#1969 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:06 pm

nate33 wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
mhd wrote:

Enthusiasm agreed, work ethic, not sold. I suppose you could argue they are one in the same to some degree, but he comes off as just being happy to be there in the NBA, not someone that is serious about honing their craft which I get but it's critique-worthy. I would have though that maybe having spent so much time on the bench getting healthy that he would have maybe matured a little, soaked up some lessons despite his limitations, but he looks like the exact same player as he was before, a guy that puts up a big game here and there on a bottom feeder.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,158

Post#1970 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:07 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Considering some moves some other teams are making. I'm hoping that the jazz are desperate enough to take bertans for Ingles dead body and call it a day.

Dinwiddie is still see as a starting point guard around the league and a lot of people blame fit for the issues so. I'm hopeful we can still move him somewhere too. If we can clear this to with little loss or cost I'd call it a win!

If we could move either Dinwiddie or Bertans for Ingles - that would be terrific.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,423

Post#1971 » by NatP4 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:09 pm

That is completely ridiculous. Bryant plays just as hard as anyone in the entire league. Dude is full of heart and enthusiasm, he’s just physically limited.

Such an awful take.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#1972 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:14 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
nate33 wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:

Totally agree. Love Bryant, but he just cant hang defensively. His sheer size and length would allow him to overcome the slow feet, but he doesn't have the defensive IQ.

Is there something stopping him from improving his defensive IQ? Not saying everyone is born a savant on that end, but just saying that he doesn't have it seems like letting him off easy. Great energy yeah, enthusiasm too, but completely unfocused energy and enthusiasm.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,012

Post#1973 » by DCZards » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:26 pm

Anyone who has ever seen tape of Bryant’s off-season regiment would NEVER say he doesn’t work hard or try to get better or hone is craft.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Post#1974 » by queridiculo » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:35 pm

Gig18 wrote:how in the name of all that's holy did we ever start 10-3?

It was obvious from the beginning that there was quite a bit of smoke and mirrors involved, but back then the caveat was that they were doing it without having developed any chemistry and it was assumed that the Wizards 3-point shooting would eventually come around.

Neither materialized and the early season staple of competing on defense and not beating yourself quickly dissipated not leaving this team with much to fall back on.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#1975 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:37 pm

DCZards wrote:Anyone who has ever seen tape of Bryant’s off-season regiment would NEVER say he doesn’t work hard or try to get better or hone is craft.

Well, I guess he just sucks at getting better despite working so hard. Is it possible that talking about him working out hard/doing his offseason regime is conflating those things with him doing other meaningful and tangible things to become an impactful NBA player?

But I kid, I don't want to be mean-spirited. I don't think Bryant is a bad guy or a bad teammate, I just don't think he has what it takes to be anything more than a fringe NBA player based on the body of evidence we have, if defense counts for anything. He's not good offensively to offset him massive shortcomings on the defensive end at the center position.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#1976 » by gambitx777 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:39 pm

I don't think it's a work eithic issuse with Bryant. He works hard and plays hard. He can not help how is body is build and his nurves are wired. He has cement feet. There is almost nothing he can do to change how it's brain moves his legs. It's really hard to change those kinds of things and how you walk, it's almost genetic. He came back really fast from a major knee injury. Now if you wanna say he can't move well enough, fair. If you wanna say he can't stay healthy, fair. But do not say he doesn't work hard.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 863

Post#1977 » by 9 and 20 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:39 pm

I don't know a thing about Thomas Bryant's work ethic.

A long time ago, the Bullets had Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood. Etan played like TB or Harrell - always flying around, lots of energy. He was Eddie Jordan's favorite. Haywood didn't get much playing time, even though he was in a lot of ways just better than Etan, like Gafford.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1978 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:45 pm

It sure didn't help that he twisted his ankle landing on Grayson Allen's foot in the Milwaukee game. It's probably holding him back a bit - notice he twisted it again last game - though not as badly. Poor guy just never stays healthy.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,590

Post#1979 » by nate33 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:49 pm

Continued here

Return to Washington Wizards