ImageImageImageImageImage

Player of the Game - Wizards vs Raptors (1/29)

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

Player of the Game

Antawn Jamison
28%
DeShawn Stevenson
3%
Andray Blatche
20%
Andray Blatche
20%
Antonio Daniels
3%
Roger Mason Jr.
No votes
Brendan Haywood
No votes
Dominic McGuire
27%
Other (Write-In Candidate)
No votes

Total votes: 71

bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#21 » by bulletproof_32 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:38 am

1. AJ - Tough call but dude did have 24 and 20 and a huge tip in in OT.
2. AB
3. DMAC
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 786

Post#22 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:44 am

Had to vote for McGuire since he'll probably never been in the running again all season. Seriously, though, his rebounds came at key points and kept the crowd in it. Nice to see him finally play meaningful minutes.
SumTingWong
Junior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by SumTingWong » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:03 am

Voted for McGuire.

Blake earns an honorable mention for coming back to play after getting his "snatch buyer" injured.
To be a Wizards fan
1. You are either a semi-commited part time fan who says meh after a loss.
2. or you have a traumatic brain injury and watch the games without understanding them.
3. or you are willing to annually have your dreams torn from your soul.
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#24 » by tkunit » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:08 am

Jamsion.

this game was a victory over those strange folks to the north, not over our brethren in Memphis.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#25 » by yungal07 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:12 am

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,889

Post#26 » by nate33 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:27 am

1. Jamison. I'm not all that impressed with the 24 points given his so-so shooting percentage, but he deserves it for the 20 boards alone. If any other player had just 8 points and 20 boards, they'd get POTG. I continue to be amazed at Jamison's rebounding this year. How many vets increase their per-40 rebounding average by 2 rebounds at the age of 31?

2. Stevenson. Defense is half the game, and Stevenson played better D than anybody. Kapono got zilch in the first half when Stevenson checked him. Calderon was neutralized in the 2nd half when Stevenson checked him. The 5 three pointers were gravy.

3. Blatche. He was simply unstoppable in the 2nd quarter. Toronto didn't know what hit 'em. His defense and board work was pretty solid in the 2nd half even after picking up some cheap fouls in the first.

DMac gets an honorable mention. The offensive rebounds were incredible, but I couldn't put him above the other 3. DMac did a real nice job on defensive rotations though. The pick-and-roll defense improved tremendously with DMac in the game.
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by RickRoll_inDC » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:59 am

it's incredibly hard to choose

DMac with 10 rebounds- 6 offensively mostly in the 4th quarter
Jamison with a 20-20 game- hard to argue there
Blatche with 19 and 8 while shooting 67%.
Antonio with 15 and 5 with some CLUTCH FT's
DSteve with 5 3's including a key one with 46 seconds left.

but the deciding factor is that Blatche played great defense against Bosh towards the end, so that does it for me. plus, i've been on the Blatche bandwagon since we drafted him.

as a member of said bandwagon, i'm obligated to vote for the person by which the bandwagon is named. (i feel smart now :D )
19-13 on game threads
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,530

Post#28 » by doclinkin » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:34 am

I'd give a courtesy vote for DMac in his debut as a player (showing a flash of my draft hype). Except that we scored what zero points off his offensive boards?

Blatche gets my vote today with game changing defense and a few mental video clips of some stunningly pretty visions of his future skill set.

Except, Jamison: 20 critical boards with tough tough match-ups. Can't ignore 20 boards can I? Yeah he had a hard time scoring when it mattered most, but we needed every one of them boards.

Blatche or Jamison, someone flip a coin for me.

BUt I'll tell you what, I'm gonna dream a few of those Blatche plays. Nice to see him and Opec out there rebounding, hitting long range shots. And not dribbling coast to coast then losing it or what not.

I'm going Blatche. Kid was a man out there tonight.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Post#29 » by queridiculo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:25 am

No love for D-Steez? *shakes head*
wateryd
Freshman

Post#30 » by wateryd » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:49 am

1) jamison. he was getting UP there for some of those boards, especially late in the game. not the most efficient scoring night by any stretch of the imagination, but he was the team leader and they pulled out a tough one and 24/20 is 24/20.

2) blatche. that was just a dominant stretch. never really came close to regaining that mojo later on, but he was truly dominant for a few minutes.

3) stevenson. his early 3s were our entire offense in the early going, he had some very nice drives and that dagger at the end.

daniels, mcguire and mason also deserve lots of credit. great team effort.
Tiago
Sophomore

Post#31 » by Tiago » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:11 pm

Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#32 » by Soup's Uncle » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Gotta be Jamison...if he doesn't make the All Star team then the coaches are huffin cleaning supplies
F Street = Wall Street
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#33 » by jmrosenth » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:46 pm

nate33 wrote:1. Jamison. I'm not all that impressed with the 24 points given his so-so shooting percentage, but he deserves it for the 20 boards alone. If any other player had just 8 points and 20 boards, they'd get POTG. I continue to be amazed at Jamison's rebounding this year. How many vets increase their per-40 rebounding average by 2 rebounds at the age of 31?

2. Stevenson. Defense is half the game, and Stevenson played better D than anybody. Kapono got zilch in the first half when Stevenson checked him. Calderon was neutralized in the 2nd half when Stevenson checked him. The 5 three pointers were gravy.

3. Blatche. He was simply unstoppable in the 2nd quarter. Toronto didn't know what hit 'em. His defense and board work was pretty solid in the 2nd half even after picking up some cheap fouls in the first.

DMac gets an honorable mention. The offensive rebounds were incredible, but I couldn't put him above the other 3. DMac did a real nice job on defensive rotations though. The pick-and-roll defense improved tremendously with DMac in the game.

Exactly how I'd call it. I don't recall Ruffin getting anywhere close to being a POTG even though he'd throw up the same type of game DMac just did SEVERAL times during his tenure here. Where's that Ruffin shrine anyway?

As for Jamison, those weren't a fluky 20 rebounds. Most of those were of the tough variety.

The Blatche stretch in the 3rd quarter, man. If only he can learn to stay on the floor w/out picking up cheap fouls. Yes, he needs to be more consistent, but he's still just 21.

btw, what the hell was Caron doing leaving the bench right before the last play of regulation??? He was the consummate cheerleader during the entire game and then leaves right before the last possession? I was like - no Caron - don't leave yet, it's not over. And then Parker hit the 3.
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#34 » by fishercob » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:12 pm

Gotta be Blatche. He was enormous in Butler and Haywood's absences.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#35 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Ok everybody stop voting! It's a tie between sentimental votes for Dmac and Jamison! That's perfect! Stop voting!
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#36 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:44 pm

I voted for Blatche but he needs to start having games like this more often.
BanndNDC
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by BanndNDC » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:09 pm

jmrosenth wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Exactly how I'd call it. I don't recall Ruffin getting anywhere close to being a POTG even though he'd throw up the same type of game DMac just did SEVERAL times during his tenure here. Where's that Ruffin shrine anyway?

there were definitely a couple of times when he did. wizstorm (despite all the underappreciated hard work and effort he puts into these things) just refused to count ruffin votes (which is why the second and third place "winners" are a sham).
Until Grunfeld goes there is no rebuild.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#38 » by MJG » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:27 pm

jmrosenth wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ruffin also wasn't a rookie who most fans had relatively high hopes for and just had his first non-dud game as a pro. My guess is that if McGuire had played ten games earlier in the season around this level, he'd likely get a scattering of third place votes and not much more.
no D in Hibachi
Veteran

Post#39 » by no D in Hibachi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Surprised that Daniels isn't getting more credit. He basically carried them for the last 2-3 minutes of regulation and virtually all of overtime. He gets my vote for his two sick drives at the end of the game and for him hitting free throws down the stretch.
zardsfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#40 » by zardsfan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 pm

Getting 20 boards when the opposing team has a guy like Bosh in there battling you for them is pretty impressive

Got to go with AJ
Knuckleheads need not apply!

Return to Washington Wizards