ImageImageImageImageImage

WFAN NYC: Arenas Actively Being Shopped

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

vincent
Rookie
And1: 152

Post#41 » by vincent » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:If 35-yr old (in less than a month) Jason Kidd is worth Devin Harris (a #5 overall), plus 7 foot shot blocker, Diop, plus two firsts; I wonder what Gilbert Arenas is worth.

Cuban totally overspent to get Kidd.

If Gil gets a max deal, what would the Wizards get for him in a trade?

How about Miami 1st Round Draft choice(Beasley ,Rose,Bayless) with Haslem or Blount and Marcus Banks

ever if it's the 1 pick overall Beasley

Fun facts :
- The Miami Heat surpassed the Knicks in championships
- Only the Lakers, Bulls, Celtics and Spurs have more championships
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,392

Post#42 » by Dat2U » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:43 pm

vincent wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How about Miami 1st Round Draft choice(Beasley ,Rose,Bayless) with Haslem or Blount and Marcus Banks

ever if it's the 1 pick overall Beasley

Can't happen now that the deadline has passed. Unless Gil decides not to opt out...which isn't happenning. With Gil being an impending FA, there's no way he can be traded for an upcoming draft pick.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,038

Post#43 » by Rafael122 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:26 am

Dat - Kidd's had microfracture surgery which is bigger than what Arenas got. Not to mention the guy has shady off the court issues. Not saying Arenas is squeaky clean, but if Arenas had years left on his contract, I would think 3 first round picks, plus your teams best player and additional pieces for Gilbert.

Kidd fetched 2 first rounders, with Gilbert it's at least 3. Plus the man is 25 years old.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
tsvqt
Veteran
And1: 35

Post#44 » by tsvqt » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm

Dat2U wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Can't happen now that the deadline has passed. Unless Gil decides not to opt out...which isn't happenning. With Gil being an impending FA, there's no way he can be traded for an upcoming draft pick.

It could be a draft day deal where Miami drafts the player and makes the trade. I don't think Miami wants Gil, but more importantly, I don't think us as Wizards fans want to see Gil & D-Wade teamed up in our own division.
I'll be happy when Gil returns HEALTHY because we'll all know what we have with Gil/Jamison/and an IMPROVED Caron Butler. It's easy to talk about trading Gil with the way Butler has played, but let's see what we have with our improved Big 3 first. Maybe we're a team who can challenge for the East.........errr, OK, how about just make it past round #1. :)
Retired Air Force

Return to Washington Wizards