Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

ErikChowbay023
Junior
And1: 3

Re: Arenas charged in gun case 

Post#41 » by ErikChowbay023 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Wrong, please go to the general board.[/quote]

It's an opinion.[/quote]

Yeah. sorry for being a dick but a bunch of us are Gil fans, the wizards havent ever gotten any FA except him. Some of us arent ready to throw him away and start over. Starting from scratch hasnt gotten us anywhere.[/quote]

Exactly...at this point I could care less, about being a better team with his contract of the books.. I rather lose with Gil and have him play out his contract as a Wizard. than void his deal and end up with nothing.. It would feel really wrong..
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#42 » by dlts20 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:
dlts20 wrote:
TheSecretWeapon wrote:
This made me laugh.

Im also a magician in my spear time. For the next trick I will need to use your wallet :wink:

You're going to have to tell us what happened. Honestly from reading all your posts I thought you were like 15......just from the happy go lucky we are going to succeed standpoint.

well if thats the case then you definitely have the wrong impression of me. Everyone in my family has been locked up and everyone on my mothers side of the family has been locked up. I wont get to personal with it but I will tell you that I was a pretty good athelete who never made it because I stayed in trouble. I went to like a million different HS's including a school just for bad kids. I eventually dropped out in the 12th and got my GED in jail. I was grown at a young age. I lost my virginity at 11, I stayed around drugs and so on. I was selling drugs since I was 13, 1st with weed and then crack. Everyday all I did was smoke & drink. I had a cop gun that I bought from an ex cop turned crack addict.

Long story short, I got setup by a so called friend to get a lesser Prison sentence. I got caught on tape selling to him and they charged my with 2 felonies for distrubution so I had to plead to one of them. Just after that they got my brother, raided our house, and took alot of our cars, but we got some back and hid the best one right before the came. They tried to hit him with Fed charges but he had to cop & pead from 30 years down to 5 since it was his 1st Offence and so on. Like I said, long story short. As for my post, I have always been accused of being an optimust when it comes to my sports but in real life I always think the worst, prepare for the worst, so that if something good happeneds then its icing on the cake
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#43 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:28 pm

dlts20 wrote:well if thats the case then you definitely have the wrong impression of me. Everyone in my family has been locked up and everyone on my mothers side of the family has been locked up. I wont get to personal with it but I will tell you that I was a pretty good athelete who never made it because I stayed in trouble. I went to like a million different HS's including a school just for bad kids. I eventually dropped out in the 12th and got my GED in jail. I was grown at a young age. I lost my virginity at 11, I stayed around drugs and so on. I was selling drugs since I was 13, 1st with weed and then crack. Everyday all I did was smoke & drink. I had a cop gun that I bought from an ex cop turned crack addict.

Long story short, I got setup by a so called friend to get a lesser Prison sentence. I got caught on tape selling to him and they charged my with 2 felonies for distrubution so I had to plead to one of them. Just after that they got my brother, raided our house, and took alot of our cars, but we got some back and hid the best one right before the came. They tried to hit him with Fed charges but he had to cop & pead from 30 years down to 5 since it was his 1st Offence and so on. Like I said, long story short. As for my post, I have always been accused of being an optimust when it comes to my sports but in real life I always think the worst, prepare for the worst, so that if something good happeneds then its icing on the cake

Sounds like you've had it rough and sports are your way out....sounds like you have your head on straight now.
MF23
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#44 » by MF23 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:40 pm

I don't know why you guys think he'll be able to plea to a misdemeanor. He has a prior from 6yrs ago and he's admitted he had the guns. Plea may happen but it's not like it's all that clear cut. If he pleads guilty to the charge he might get a lesser sentence due to his cooperation. Lets see if Gilbert has the common sense to keep his mouth shut and beg the law for leniency.
Et tu Bilas.
MD
dlts20
RealGM

Post#45 » by dlts20 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

MF23 wrote:I don't know why you guys think he'll be able to plea to a misdemeanor. He has a prior from 6yrs ago. It may happen but it's not like it's all that clear cut. Gilbert better keep his mouth shut in the near future.

He does have a prior but that was also a misemeanor. Im not saying that youre wrong because that can definitely happened but people talk about all of this too much. Again, there are gun charges and then there are gun charges. This one is a serious charge but its not like he came out shooting up some joint or was violent with the gun. He has a previous one but again, its not like he came after somebody or shot a club up. He had a registered gun from AZ that he was caught with at a traffic stop under his seat in CA. Those are minor things in most cases.

Something that no one is talking about is that alot of this just depeneds on who is in charge. You might 2 guys with the same thing get 2 totally different outcomes because one guy was dealing with a loose liberal democrat and another guy had to go infront of a super strict conservative republican. I mean, when I use to get in trouble, everyone in jail would talk about that kind of stuff. You dont want such & such prosecutor or you dont want such & such judge. Alot of guys have reputations for lighting cats up. Alot of this could come down to that. Who did he have to deal with. One thing going against him big time is that the city has turned against him, people dont want his contract, and the Wiz stink. People are insane if they think that doesnt matter. If this was Lebron in Cleveland then they wouldve swept it right under the rug or charged him with the most minor of things
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,786

Post#46 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 pm

dlts20 wrote:well if thats the case then you definitely have the wrong impression of me. Everyone in my family has been locked up and everyone on my mothers side of the family has been locked up. I wont get to personal with it but I will tell you that I was a pretty good athelete who never made it because I stayed in trouble. I went to like a million different HS's including a school just for bad kids. I eventually dropped out in the 12th and got my GED in jail. I was grown at a young age. I lost my virginity at 11, I stayed around drugs and so on. I was selling drugs since I was 13, 1st with weed and then crack. Everyday all I did was smoke & drink. I had a cop gun that I bought from an ex cop turned crack addict.

Sounds like you've had it rough and sports are your way out....sounds like you have your head on straight now.

Well, except for the part about being optimistic about the Wizards.
Pollinator
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by Pollinator » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 pm

washingtonexaminer.com reporting that Gil is now going to PLEAD GUILTY to 1 felony count of carrying an unlicensed firearm and 4 misdemeanors.

Not a lawyer but it would seem maybe the bargain was to bring it down from 4 felonies.

From what everyone is saying a felony would be grounds to void the contract, so is this Gil throwing in the towel?

What a nightmare this whole thing has been.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager

Post#48 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 pm

nate33 wrote:

Well, except for the part about being optimistic about the Wizards.

ziiiiiiiiiing
AlohaWiz
Sophomore

Post#49 » by AlohaWiz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:05 am

Stephen Jackson was charged with a felony for the shooting incident a couple years back, but pled down to a misdemeanor. So it's a strong possibility that Arenas can do the same in his case. Of course, we're talking about two different jurisdictions (Indiana vs. D.C.), so the two cases won't necessarily turn out with similar results.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2908133

But I'd be shocked to think that what Arenas did would result in a worse plea agreement than Jackson's. Not to mention the fact that Jackson was on probation at the time for his involvement with the Artest brawl. Then again I'm still baffled at the outrage expressed over what Arenas did compared to what other NBA players have done (Jackson, Telfair, Artest to name a few--and each of them got off relatively lightly), so I could be way off base.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#50 » by dlts20 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:12 am

If anyone has pull inside the beltway with the courts and could get him some lesser charges then its Gil's lawyer of all people but nothing will save him much if he's dealing with a bunch of redknecks looking to throw the book at the N*****
dlts20
RealGM

Post#51 » by dlts20 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:17 am

Pollinator wrote:washingtonexaminer.com reporting that Gil is now going to PLEAD GUILTY to 1 felony count of carrying an unlicensed firearm and 4 misdemeanors.

Not a lawyer but it would seem maybe the bargain was to bring it down from 4 felonies.

From what everyone is saying a felony would be grounds to void the contract, so is this Gil throwing in the towel?

Me presonaly, I honestly dont believe thats as big of a deal to Gil as everyone thinks. Everyone thinks he would go insane but I dont. Gil aint starving no matter what and he's a unique type cat. If the Wiz try to take his money then I dont think he would want to be here anyways. I think he would fight some but he wouldnt be upset about going to another team for a 1yr 10mil contract and having a big season to where he gets a big deal again after that. He would lose some money but it wouldnt kill him and he could rub his success in the Wiz face. I just believe that after 2 years he cares much more about basketball than he does money
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager

Post#52 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:29 am

Pollinator wrote:washingtonexaminer.com reporting that Gil is now going to PLEAD GUILTY to 1 felony count of carrying an unlicensed firearm and 4 misdemeanors.

That sucks, guess with all the articles out there, we just gotta wait and see. If he can play again in the NBA this season, i hope its somewhere he can win a title.

Wiz to Laker!
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager

Post#53 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:36 am

From Truth about its twitter
I wasn't watching, but I'm told that @MikeWiseguy was on Comcast's WashPost Live saying that Gilbert Arenas wants out of D.C.

But I doubt Arenas wants his contract voided, so make of that what U will. But it's easy 2 see how Gil would think that Wiz don't want him.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#54 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:40 am

AlohaWiz wrote:Stephen Jackson was charged with a felony for the shooting incident a couple years back, but pled down to a misdemeanor. So it's a strong possibility that Arenas can do the same in his case.

From what I understand, the felony IS the plea. He's being charged with 4 felony counts and is pleading down to only one in hopes of avoiding jail time. I don't think it's going to get any lower than that.
AlohaWiz
Sophomore

Post#55 » by AlohaWiz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:50 am

LyricalRico wrote:
AlohaWiz wrote:Stephen Jackson was charged with a felony for the shooting incident a couple years back, but pled down to a misdemeanor. So it's a strong possibility that Arenas can do the same in his case.

From what I understand, the felony IS the plea. He's being charged with 4 felony counts and is pleading down to only one in hopes of avoiding jail time. I don't think it's going to get any lower than that.

Yeah, I was posting that before I saw the Washington Examiner reporting the plea deal. It could have been possible that the charge was a felony & Arenas could plea down, but apparently that's not the deal they struck. I think I broke my record time for being wrong on this one!
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#56 » by dangermouse » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:54 am

Gil... :(

some team out there is going to get an absolute bargain. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU-
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,583

Post#57 » by closg00 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:58 am

What will happen to the grotto?
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager

Post#58 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:06 am

Guess the glue guy was Abe!
McGully Culkin
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#59 » by McGully Culkin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:25 am

Gilbert Arenas was charged Thursday with a single count of carrying a pistol without a license, a felony that carries a five-year sentence, but the Washington Wizards guard has reached a plea agreement that could spare him jail time, several sources close to the case said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03502.html
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#60 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:31 am

dangermouse wrote:Gil... :(

some team out there is going to get an absolute bargain. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU-

:nod:

The felony probably allows the Wiz to void the contract and he'll probably be suspended for the rest of this season. Then he'll be reinstated at some point over the summer and somebody will be willing to spend the MLE on him. I dunno how many years Gil might sign for, though. He might let somebody rent him for a year at the MLE and spend all of next season rehabbing his image. Then he can hit the 2011 market as the second best player available after Melo and get another big deal. Not $111M, but something similar to what Ben Gordon got this past summer.

Return to Washington Wizards