Bradley Beal - Part IV

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,474

Re: Bradley Beal - Part IV 

Post#521 » by CobraCommander » Wed Jul 6, 2022 10:37 pm

queridiculo wrote:
80sballboy wrote:No trade clause and player option when he's going to turn 34. Brilliant move Ted. Why don't you just give him partial ownership. This is not going to end well for either side.

Hey, maybe Beal can parlay his Wizards stint into future Wizards franchise owner.

He's earned $180 million from the Wizards so far and has another $250 million coming.

He's well on his way to being a billionaire by the time he turns 40.

Beal will definitely be a billionaire by 55....if he gets 10% on that full 25 he will get there before 45! 40 gonna be tough...but if there is one thing we can all say about Beal...Beal knows how to bring in unprecedented amounts of money. So I have faith that Beal will he a Beallioniare well before 40!
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#522 » by miller31time » Wed Jul 6, 2022 11:48 pm

What in the hell was Beal going to do if we didn’t offer the no-trade clause? Reject our quarter billion dollar offer? Go sign with San Antonio for 50 million less?
Endless Loop
Sophomore
And1: 178

Post#523 » by Endless Loop » Wed Jul 6, 2022 11:54 pm

It just hit me, what bothers me most about this deal.

It's that Leonsis, deep inside, has no confidence in the franchise's ability to execute on any plan other than to cling desperately to Beal. Everything about this deal indicates the the Wizards felt they were dealing from a position of total weakness.

Leonsis clearly doesn't believe they could draft anybody who could make a similar contribution either to ticket sales or to on-court success.

The other thing that I don't like about this deal is that in the end it won't even benefit Beal as much as if he'd signed, say, a $220 million deal and given the Wizards some hope to use the savings to assemble a better cast around him. That success on-court would have been worth more than the difference off-court.

All that aside, I still don't think the deal is the end of the world. Heck, given that we're in a 10% per year inflation world, in a couple of years it will almost certainly seem normal- certainly movable. Ooooops- I guess they can't do that...

And btw, I admire Beal as a person and am happy for him. If anybody should get overpaid, it's him! I hope that next year he always keeps in mind that he's being paid to win, not to get more touches. I'm sure he will remember that.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,020

Post#524 » by Dark Faze » Thu Jul 7, 2022 12:10 am

ay im out

real talk its been cool but i cant do this **** no more, team is abusive
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#525 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jul 7, 2022 12:50 am

I hope fans turn on Beal and Ted.

Let them have each other because I'm sick of both.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#526 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jul 7, 2022 12:55 am

This team is AGONIZING!

In all my years ... Grunfeld sucked...mediocre/stupid drafts... bad contracts... IN ALL THE YEARS...

THIS SHYT HAS ME TOTALLY ... DEVASTED.

Talk about The Emperor in His Underwear.

Damn.

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!

A much better move: Let Beal kick rocks. Let him walk. Start Davis at SG. Geez
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,893

Post#527 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jul 7, 2022 12:56 am

Beal must be an absolute joy to be around off the court cause this organization is obviously smitten with him... :-?
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
RealGM

Post#528 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jul 7, 2022 12:56 am

Endless Loop wrote:It just hit me, what bothers me most about this deal.

It's that Leonsis, deep inside, has no confidence in the franchise's ability to execute on any plan other than to cling desperately to Beal. Everything about this deal indicates the the Wizards felt they were dealing from a position of total weakness.

Leonsis clearly doesn't believe they could draft anybody who could make a similar contribution either to ticket sales or to on-court success.

The other thing that I don't like about this deal is that in the end it won't even benefit Beal as much as if he'd signed, say, a $220 million deal and given the Wizards some hope to use the savings to assemble a better cast around him. That success on-court would have been worth more than the difference off-court.

All that aside, I still don't think the deal is the end of the world. Heck, given that we're in a 10% per year inflation world, in a couple of years it will almost certainly seem normal- certainly movable. Ooooops- I guess they can't do that...

And btw, I admire Beal as a person and am happy for him. If anybody should get overpaid, it's him! I hope that next year he always keeps in mind that he's being paid to win, not to get more touches. I'm sure he will remember that.

Mine is that he's too STUPID to realize a lot of dudes can ball. He's done the single worst thing, locked in on losing with an entitled brat of a spoiled player.

DUMB
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#529 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jul 7, 2022 1:02 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:

Those guys are HOFers...

Beal????

Bye bye Beal.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#530 » by 9 and 20 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 1:35 am

This is contract is straight trolling. Need some Juwan Howard/Andray Baltche level booing to happen.

The booing might make it worthwhile, actually. Could be a good time - pay for cheap seats on stub hub, show up with a buddy or two, boo the crap out of Terd and Beal (Beal doesn't really deserve the boos but I would do it because it would bother Terd and I'm petty).
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,235

Post#531 » by Dat2U » Thu Jul 7, 2022 1:37 am

Glad Beal got paid. Will never hate on a man for getting his legally but yeah, I'm not giving Leonsis any of my money anymore. Can't support stupid and that's clearly what this is.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,235

Post#532 » by Dat2U » Thu Jul 7, 2022 1:43 am

9 and 20 wrote:This is contract is straight trolling. Need some Juwan Howard/Andray Baltche level booing to happen.

The booing might make it worthwhile, actually. Could be a good time - pay for cheap seats on stub hub, show up with a buddy or two, boo the crap out of Terd and Beal (Beal doesn't really deserve the boos but I would do it because it would bother Terd and I'm petty).

Give it a few months. Tepid applause will turn ugly if Beal struggles. I don't think Ted realizes or recognizes this either. He wasn't around for the Juwan Howard days when fans would make Juwan :nonono: the butt of their frustrations. I don't think Ted/Shepp & Beal are prepared for what will happen if they get off to a typical Wizards start.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,590

Post#533 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jul 7, 2022 1:45 am

Yeah. This is trash. If he wants the most money and flexibility, then you keep the Option but no trade clause.
If you want to sell it as a loyalty play, then you give full no trade clause but also no PO.
To give him both makes us look even more desperate than we already are given his other options.
This doesn’t feel like a Tommy move, but a deal between Terd and Beals agent.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,514

Post#534 » by doclinkin » Thu Jul 7, 2022 2:21 am

It occurs to me this may have been a line in the sand for guys like Tim Connelly and his former front office mate Masai Ujiri. If the message from Ted was: we are loyal to our guys so do what you want except talk about trading Bradley Beal. Any savvy exec would see that as a situation where a player had more clout than Coach or GM, and reasonably decide the job wasn't for them. That and the idea that all of their decisions would be run past a committee, including Ted and Laurene Powell Jobs etc all the way down to the guy changing the urinal cakes. (Well I guess that is Ted too. Though I wish he would restrict his meddling to Urinal Cake Quality Control).
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,717

Post#535 » by montestewart » Thu Jul 7, 2022 2:39 am

That’s the reason I’m a Wizards fan. That and Leonsis calling urinal cakes “the UC” to sound hip
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,509

Post#536 » by mhd » Thu Jul 7, 2022 2:42 am

Dat2U wrote:
9 and 20 wrote:This is contract is straight trolling. Need some Juwan Howard/Andray Baltche level booing to happen.

Give it a few months. Tepid applause will turn ugly if Beal struggles. I don't think Ted realizes or recognizes this either. He wasn't around for the Juwan Howard days when fans would make Juwan :nonono: the butt of their frustrations. I don't think Ted/Shepp & Beal are prepared for what will happen if they get off to a typical Wizards start.

Gilbert and John were still beloved after their struggles because they actually lifted the team before their 2nd extensions. Juwan was straight garbage with that stupid fadeaway he always did. I don't blame Beal. It's our stupid owner. We're in the worst spot in the NBA with the exception of the Knicks. However, the Knicks at least have multiple future 1sts. We have nothing.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,509

Post#537 » by mhd » Thu Jul 7, 2022 2:43 am

Dat2U wrote:Glad Beal got paid. Will never hate on a man for getting his legally but yeah, I'm not giving Leonsis any of my money anymore. Can't support stupid and that's clearly what this is.

Dat, didn't Turd give you a smug reply one time after you asked him a question? I seem to remember you posting something to that effect. If so, it cements how much of a douche Leonsis is.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,300

Post#538 » by AFM » Thu Jul 7, 2022 2:59 am

mhd wrote:
Dat2U wrote:Glad Beal got paid. Will never hate on a man for getting his legally but yeah, I'm not giving Leonsis any of my money anymore. Can't support stupid and that's clearly what this is.

Dat, didn't Turd give you a smug reply one time after you asked him a question? I seem to remember you posting something to that effect. If so, it cements how much of a douche Leonsis is.

In Terd's defense, Dat was 9 fireball shots deep. Terd was probably afraid for his life.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,300

Post#539 » by AFM » Thu Jul 7, 2022 3:00 am

The Consiglieri wrote:
Eli Babak wrote:
Read on Twitter

**** you Ted. This was expected but still so freaking sickening.

And, I'm out till 2027 other than draft day talk.

It's gonna be awesome watching the USMNT over the next 5 years, U20's just won their third straight concacaf championship, pipeline is spewing out legit prospects like a Texas Oil Rig 115 years ago.

The wiz are so ----ing incompetent they are simply not worth your time, at all.

I find it hilarious that they couldn't even get him to skimp on 1 or 2 mill. Nope, he gets the full max, and he gets to see his name listed as one of the leagues worst contracts for the next half decade running. Enjoy.

He and the Wizards both deserved better than this, but at least he has the money to console himself with, the wiz, and us fans are totally ----ed as per usual.

Good luck fellas, it's just not worth your or my time to pay attention to this beyond some rubber necking doom scrolling from time to time.

Nah, stick around. I don't watch full games anymore, most of the fun is being checked out and just making fun of this laughing stock of a franchise.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#540 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu Jul 7, 2022 5:06 am

Wow, just wow!

Return to Washington Wizards