ImageImageImageImageImage

GO CAPS!!!!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

ST21
Junior
And1: 1

Re: GO CAPS!!!! 

Post#641 » by ST21 » Tue May 8, 2012 3:46 am

doclinkin wrote:Ah waaa waah wahh. Every game into overtime, playing deep into the postseason, a chamnce to win every game despite a fluke play here or there or a strict whistle. Why the hell would you give up on a team that is scrapping and scuffling and doing what they do. Tired of weakass fans. They lost, man up, there's another game coming up, support your team even if they fall 6 seconds short on one game. Ridiculous how sorry DC fans can be. So used to losing they try to quit before it's all over. Show some steel. Me I'm loving this series. Tense as all hell but I love the scrappy D, Dale's rotations, the kid in goal. The new flavor Caps. To me the drama is worth it.

i've been a realistic caps fan for the last 4 years and i have yet to be wrong.

but go ahead and keep being overly optimistic.. it's really working for you..

and i'm 22 and i rep every dc team. how can you blame me for being negative? i expect to lose. it helps ease the pain.
@garretts703 on twitter
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#642 » by Severn Hoos » Tue May 8, 2012 3:54 am

Wait, 4 whole years? Sorry, didn't know you were so hardcore.

I spent more time than that watching Bob Mason try to hold off the inevitable on Easter morning....

EDIT: Didn't see your age in the first post, the Islanders game would have been literally before you were born. But the point still remains - when it comes to DC Sports pain, you have a long way to go, grasshopper.
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
ST21
Junior
And1: 1

Post#643 » by ST21 » Tue May 8, 2012 4:09 am

Severn Hoos wrote:Wait, 4 whole years? Sorry, didn't know you were so hardcore.

I spent more time than that watching Bob Mason try to hold off the inevitable on Easter morning....

EDIT: Didn't see your age in the first post, the Islanders game would have been literally before you were born. But the point still remains - when it comes to DC Sports pain, you have a long way to go, grasshopper.

if you are a skins fan and witnessed the superbowls i have no sympathy. i would give everything but my life for a skins wiz or caps championship.
@garretts703 on twitter
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#644 » by fishercob » Tue May 8, 2012 11:34 am

ST21 wrote:
doclinkin wrote:Ah waaa waah wahh. Every game into overtime, playing deep into the postseason, a chamnce to win every game despite a fluke play here or there or a strict whistle. Why the hell would you give up on a team that is scrapping and scuffling and doing what they do. Tired of weakass fans. They lost, man up, there's another game coming up, support your team even if they fall 6 seconds short on one game. Ridiculous how sorry DC fans can be. So used to losing they try to quit before it's all over. Show some steel. Me I'm loving this series. Tense as all hell but I love the scrappy D, Dale's rotations, the kid in goal. The new flavor Caps. To me the drama is worth it.

i've been a realistic caps fan for the last 4 years and i have yet to be wrong.

but go ahead and keep being overly optimistic.. it's really working for you..

and i'm 22 and i rep every dc team. how can you blame me for being negative? i expect to lose. it helps ease the pain.

Wait wait, guys. We should listen to him. He's 22!
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,236

Post#645 » by Zonkerbl » Tue May 8, 2012 12:27 pm

ST21 wrote:

Listen to the man. He's hilarious!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#646 » by Severn Hoos » Tue May 8, 2012 12:36 pm

ST21 wrote:
Severn Hoos wrote:Wait, 4 whole years? Sorry, didn't know you were so hardcore.

if you are a skins fan and witnessed the superbowls i have no sympathy. i would give everything but my life for a skins wiz or caps championship.

OK, got me there. Those were some great times. And when the nurse brings my medication, my memory sometimes clears up long enough to have misty watercolor memories of Riggo bursting through the line and shrugging off Don McNeal on his way to the end zone. ;-)
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#647 » by Ruzious » Tue May 8, 2012 12:49 pm

Those last few seconds of regulation were so hard to watch (not to mention the overtime) - and I'm not even much of a hockey fan. If they could have just cleared the puck down the ice... I can only imagine what it must have felt to be a hard core Caps fan. But the series ain't over.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 7,011

Post#648 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 8, 2012 2:59 pm

Series isn't over. Caps will win Wednesday. I'm pretty confident. Shid happens and you can only be thankful you got another game to play.

Just get this to Game 7.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#649 » by verbal8 » Tue May 8, 2012 5:06 pm

FAH1223 wrote:Series isn't over. Caps will win Wednesday. I'm pretty confident. Shid happens and you can only be thankful you got another game to play.

Just get this to Game 7.

I think the Caps big problem is they are giving the Rangers too much time on offense and too many shots. It does seem like the Capitals general are getting better shots, but it isn't enough to overcome the huge shot differential.
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#650 » by sashae » Tue May 8, 2012 10:13 pm

Ruzious wrote:Those last few seconds of regulation were so hard to watch (not to mention the overtime) - and I'm not even much of a hockey fan. If they could have just cleared the puck down the ice... I can only imagine what it must have felt to be a hard core Caps fan. But the series ain't over.

I went to the game. I was at the '87 loss to the Islanders as well. The Capitals are so, so painful to root for. Last night was AWFUL.
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#651 » by Earth2Ted » Wed May 9, 2012 12:31 am

You just knew the Caps were going to have their "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT POSSIBLE!!" moment. I'm just glad I wasn't awake for it.

I also have watched the Caps since the 80's, and I just keep thinking- if only we could throw Rod Langway in a time machine and put him on the ice in front of Holtby and behind Ovechkin and Backstrom- that team would be a championship contender for sure.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,468

Post#652 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed May 9, 2012 2:18 am

Zonkerbl wrote:
ST21 wrote:

Listen to the man. He's hilarious!

Some of us Geezers found much more satisfying ways to ease the pain in the 70s and 80s if you know what I mean.
In Rizzo we trust
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#653 » by verbal8 » Wed May 9, 2012 10:41 am

FAH1223 wrote:Series isn't over. Caps will win Wednesday. I'm pretty confident. Shid happens and you can only be thankful you got another game to play.

Just get this to Game 7.

Given the way the series has gone, I see the Caps winning game 6 and losing Game 7.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#654 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 am

That one was for you Miller. Caps go up 2.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#655 » by miller31time » Thu May 10, 2012 12:55 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:That one was for you Miller. Caps go up 2.

Hahaha, I was just about to post that!

Now don't give them 2 easy ones like we did against Boston.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#656 » by miller31time » Thu May 10, 2012 1:04 am

Inspired penalty kill right there!!!!
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#657 » by miller31time » Thu May 10, 2012 2:11 am

This team doesn't give up! Holtby is entering god-like status.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#658 » by Higga » Thu May 10, 2012 2:47 am

That last goal made it a little too close for comfort, but good win.

Time to go back to MSG and win this on the road just like we did in Boston.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,468

Post#659 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu May 10, 2012 3:02 am

Ok... Anyone still want to unload Ovie?

... So, I'm warming up to dump and chase, get the puck in deep, get to the net yadda yadda yadda.

If it gets us a cup, I'll happily eat all my words of complaint against The Dale.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#660 » by Ruzious » Thu May 10, 2012 1:48 pm

sashae wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Those last few seconds of regulation were so hard to watch (not to mention the overtime) - and I'm not even much of a hockey fan. If they could have just cleared the puck down the ice... I can only imagine what it must have felt to be a hard core Caps fan. But the series ain't over.

I went to the game. I was at the '87 loss to the Islanders as well. The Capitals are so, so painful to root for. Last night was AWFUL.

I guess it was fated to come down to 7 games - one way or t'ther. Again, I'm not even much of a hawkey fan, and I can't bear to watch game 7. I'm trying to think - what's the best way for a hardcore Caps fan to watch... don't have any alcoholic beverages close by... nothing that Gilbert Arenas collects...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards