RealGM
And1: 3,815

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5 

Post#661 » by closg00 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:57 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Timberwolves beat the Celtics. We had Monroe on the Go-Go.... I think we should have called him up

Didn't Monroe play some PF?, why wouldn't you release Gill and sign Monroe for the rest of the year?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,580

Post#662 » by Ruzious » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:09 pm

closg00 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Timberwolves beat the Celtics. We had Monroe on the Go-Go.... I think we should have called him up

Didn't Monroe play some PF?, why wouldn't you release Gill and sign Monroe for the rest of the year?

Nah. He's way too slow to play PF.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#663 » by dobrojim » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:18 pm

The Bulls look like the team I wish we were. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the EC Finals.
Both Levine and DD are playing darn well and they have good depth. They're scary.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 8,259

Post#664 » by payitforward » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:53 pm

closg00 wrote:...

That move would likely have sufficed to put us in the luxury tax.

Great to see Monroe come back in this way! Nice story.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#665 » by payitforward » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:41 am

Ruzious wrote:
payitforward wrote:Oh, nate.... I can't believe it....

Doc? Ruzious?

It was I. Moi. & I've called for us to pick him up about a dozen times since then.

I remember calling him a slower version of Bob McAdoo and then you basically saying I was nuts for calling him slow. 8-) So I give you credit for supporting him more than I did. Doc also liked him a lot....

Well... the truth is... it's perfectly possible -- likely, in fact -- that one of you or Doc actually mentioned Knight first. But once I started watching footage & looking at his numbers I became the leading cheerleader for him.

Ruzious wrote:...Btw, how bout that Minnesota/Boston game. ...Boston falls to 16-18. Time for them to panic or give up?

Can't they do both?
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#666 » by Illuminaire » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:26 am

If they stay healthy, the Bulls can hang with anyone. They have the right mix of dudes to play insane playoff defense, and they have two guys who are absolute studs at breaking down tight defenses and getting off decent shots.

They've also filled out the roster with talented, effective roleplayers.

Heck of a team.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#667 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:25 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter
I have had some crazy experiences in the last two weeks that just seem like I'm in the Twilight Zone of hardship and weirdness

Seeing that image as a wizard is not surprising to me because I talk directly to Bobby what is that guy's name the day my mom died I was talking to Bobby Simmons is his name Gene Brown homes

This won't make any sense but I was at Pete Newell's big man camp back in August of 2002 and I told him what's going to happen

I knew that Richard Hamilton and had to go in order for MJ to be the man and it had something to do with Bobby salmon but the thing that I'm trying to remember is that what are the chances I would be at Pete Newell's and they would misspell that guy's name b o b b i e
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#668 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:26 am

Ruzious wrote:Westbrook gets one of the worst triple doubles I've ever seen. 4 of 20 shooting in a very tight loss. He had a -23 while Lebron had a +9 and played brilliantly. Westbrook clearly tried his best - but was the weakest link on the Lakers. His defense on Patty Mills was inexplicable. He kept leaving him to chase steals and rebounds, and Mills nailed 3 after 3 and had season highs in both points and assists. I'm guessing Lakers fans have totally given up on Westbrook - and Lebron probably has, as well - looked exhausted after playing 40 minutes.
Honestly what needs to happen is the Wizards need to trade Bradley to the Los Angeles Lakers and they need to trade Anthony Davis to the Wizards I don't know how to make it happen I don't have the time to put into it but there's a feasible thing because Davis really wants to be a small
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#669 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:27 am

willbcocks wrote:The Lakers have such a strange (bad way) roster. Veritable who's who of washed up players:

Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Deandre Jordan
Rajon Rondo
Isaiah Thomas
Russell Westbrook
Trevor Ariza
Darren Collison
That's why I knew it had glanced they were going to win ship this year as constructed it makes no sense I cannot see and the voice translator is **** up they were not going to win **** this year and everybody can tell just looking at the roster but the thing is the trade that mine is not over these trade deadline is not over
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#670 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:28 am

badinage wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

willbcocks wrote:The Lakers have such a strange (bad way) roster. Veritable who's who of washed up players:

Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Deandre Jordan
Rajon Rondo
Isaiah Thomas
Russell Westbrook
Trevor Ariza
Darren Collison

Stanley Johnson was a decent pickup. Ariza is washed but he looks spry so far. Russ is Russ as we know. Melo started hot but if he's not hitting 3s, he's not giving you much. Howard gets played off the floor but he's by far their best C.

Collison... too soon to say. IT is gone. Rondo is washed. DJ is washed.

Love it. Love. It.

Such joy to see the Lakers struggle and suffer.

Same with the Celtics, and their insufferable chauvinistic fans. Such joy.

And Lebron — though I have a lot more regard for him than I did when he was a Cav and then a Heater, when I despised him and his narcissism and his assumptions — I still like to see him struggle. It’s nice.
They actually freed a lot of players that have better careers elsewhere all they are trying to do is get still at names and they really stupid whoever's running their ****. The link I must not have anything but bitch flowers now that LeBron is in charge what I actually said was Rob pelinka
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#671 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:28 am

nate33 wrote:Wasn't doc or Ruzious touting this guy in the 2020 draft thread?

Read on Twitter
It was dark and I remember the guy came out of Richmond I said doc as in Doc Lincoln
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#672 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:32 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I am going to talk slowly so this voice translator gets most of this. If you look at the Golden State Warriors they have a player that we had named Otto Porter. If you look at the Charlotte Hornets they have a player that we had named Kelly o u b r e. The Milwaukee Bucks featured a player named Bobby Portis and they won a championship with that guy. Have you ever heard of this guy named Garrison Mathews? I know that you have. There is a singer named Javale McGee who is probably as good or better than... he has three rings

One man's trash is another man's treasure

A higher-order pattern of thought would be to try to Rob another team like the sons of a player named Jalen Smith
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#673 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:34 am

payitforward wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
payitforward wrote:Oh, nate.... I can't believe it....

Doc? Ruzious?

It was I. Moi. & I've called for us to pick him up about a dozen times since then.

I remember calling him a slower version of Bob McAdoo and then you basically saying I was nuts for calling him slow. 8-) So I give you credit for supporting him more than I did. Doc also liked him a lot....

Well... the truth is... it's perfectly possible -- likely, in fact -- that one of you or Doc actually mentioned Knight first. But once I started watching footage & looking at his numbers I became the leading cheerleader for him.

Ruzious wrote:...Btw, how bout that Minnesota/Boston game. ...Boston falls to 16-18. Time for them to panic or give up?

Can't they do both?
This sounds like a massive circle jerk or everybody wants all the credit...

:-)

I'm usually right I do remember watching him play and knowing that he was a pretty good player and I also remember when he was the Hawks he got more minutes than a guy from Maryland

Boys boys we all discovered him
Bye bye Beal.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#674 » by dobrojim » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:12 pm

JaVale has learned how to play (in the 10+ years since he's been here). He is a far cry from the player
we traded for Nene which was a great trade for us. We instantly became a respectable team when Nene
replaced McGee. McGee is no longer a nightly joke. He's solid.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 7,057

Post#675 » by FAH1223 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:04 am

LeBron at C is such a weapon
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#676 » by FAH1223 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:39 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#677 » by FAH1223 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:59 am

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#678 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:08 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can't lie - I'm enjoying every Laker loss. Westbrook continues to put up triple doubles and miss layups at clutch moments. Granted, he's physically not what he used to be, but he's still an extraordinary athlete. Even with all their problems, the Lakers can be formidable with a healthy Anthony Davis.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#679 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 1, 2022 4:41 am

Atlanta won with 12... players out with Covid protocol plus 2 others out injured. Crazy situation.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#680 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 1, 2022 3:04 pm

Ruzious wrote:Atlanta won with 12... players out with Covid protocol plus 2 others out injured. Crazy situation.

I'm sure you recollect me calling for us to puh-lease find a way to buy a R2 pick & grab Skylar Mays....

Return to Washington Wizards