Expectations for Blatche

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Re: Expectations for Blatche 

Post#41 » by montestewart » Mon May 24, 2010 3:42 am

Benjammin wrote:According to the measurement history at draftexpress.com Wade measured 6-3.75 and Gil 6-2.25 both without shoes. That doesn't mean those numbers are absolutely accurate. I think it's safe to say that Wade is at least an inch taller than Gil but probably no more than an inch and a half taller.

I've read that David Robinson was reportedly 6'7" when he committed to the Naval Academy; by the time he entered the NBA, he was a true 7 footer. With players entering the NBA at a younger age, there likely are more players that have growth spurts (however minor) after they enter the league. I remember when Arenas' listed height went from 6'3" to 6'4". I wonder if that was puffery or an updated measurement that reflected a slight growth spurt after he entered the league.
no D in Hibachi
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#42 » by no D in Hibachi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Crummy news if you didn't hear. 980 reported that Blatche has a broken foot. Reminds me of Kwame circa 2004. Fresh off the best season of his career and then poof, broken foot, no training camp, out of rotation, failed pick. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#43 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:26 pm

Le curse o' le boulez steerikes again!!!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#44 » by miller31time » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm

How long will this take to heal? Will he be out for the start of the season?
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm

He weel be out ... FOREVER!!!! Muhahahahaaaaa!
DallasShalDune
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#46 » by DallasShalDune » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Blatche will not play as well statistically as he did at the end of last year, which will give the jackasses from ESPN and the rest of the sporting news world to put his basketball ability into question. I think he will be as effective though--it is just we have Gil, Wall, and probably Josh Howard to cover his weaknesses. I think if J-Howard returns, Blatche will still be better. I see a 15 and 6 season from Andray. He will still be over-looked, and as I said, looked down upon though.

I see him as a Z-Bo type player, only he's younger and has a higher ceiling. Maybe if he proves my Z-Bo prediction right in the next few years, he will garner some respect.
DallasShalDune
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#47 » by DallasShalDune » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 pm

no D in Hibachi wrote:Crummy news if you didn't hear. 980 reported that Blatche has a broken foot. Reminds me of Kwame circa 2004. Fresh off the best season of his career and then poof, broken foot, no training camp, out of rotation, failed pick. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Well, nvm then lol.

I say he'll be fine, though, depending on how bad the break is.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Don't mean to start a Kwame s***-storm but a broken foot is not why he failed. Kwame sucked. Blatche does not, he'll probably be fine, if he's not being treated by the Zard's doctors.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,306

Post#49 » by nate33 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:51 pm

A broken foot can mean 2 weeks in a boot or 6 months in a cast. Hopefully it's not serious.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#50 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 pm

I'm bummed out. Hoping for more information that say's it's not so serious.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#51 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:27 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Don't mean to start a Kwame s***-storm but a broken foot is not why he failed. Kwame sucked. Blatche does not, he'll probably be fine, if he's not being treated by the Zard's doctors.

Also remember that the summer Kwame broke his foot was the same summer we acquired Jamison, who ended up sliding into that starting PF role and becoming a mainstay there. There's nobody on this roster who would take Blatche's spot, so he doesn't have to worry about that.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#52 » by dlts20 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Classic Wiz crap on supposedly one of the best days in a long time for this Franchise. The Curse wanted to show us that no matter what good luck may get sprinkled in every now & then, he still runs the show. Dray should be ready for camp but it still wont be the same Dray that it couldve been. If he was working out now then that means it wouldve been 10 more weeks of working out and hitting the season like a machine. Now it will probably be mid season before he hits his real stride. He's so talented that he can still produce early on but its definitely another sucky setback. Plus with our luck, its likely to linger for the rest of the season
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#53 » by Dat2U » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm

The news is rarely all good when it comes to the Washington Wizards, and even "John Wall Day" -- which D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty proclaimed June 25 -- has been soured with some disappointing news. Wizards forward Andray Blatche confirmed that he broke his left foot this week.

Blatche has been denying rumors this afternoon that it occurred while playing basketball at Berry Farms and says that it occurred during a morning workout. Blatche emerged as the Wizards' go-to guy in the second half of the season, after the team dealt away Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison and Gilbert Arenas was suspended for bringing guns to Verizon Center.

The injury will require surgery. More info to come.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizard ... -left.html

Yikes. This is the last thing I wanted to hear about. It's just so freaking random. Ugh!

Surgery doesn't sound good, but I guess we have no real idea of how serious it is yet.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#54 » by keynote » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:53 pm

oof. Man, we can't win for losing.
SumTingWong
Junior
And1: 0

Post#55 » by SumTingWong » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Andray Blatche breaks his left foot...

The injury will require surgery...

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past..."

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 pm

6-8 weeks, according to Mike P.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 pm

That ain't so bad. My extensive medical background suggests that would be a more minor sort of break.

Hopefully nothing nagging, though.

Edit -->

UPDATE: He'll miss 8-10 weeks, according to Chris Mannix, which means he's going to be back for the regular season. That said, I'm concerned with his summer routine getting thrown off.
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 417

Post#58 » by Tyrone Messby » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Geez, a broken foot might as well mean torn acl with this special mED staff.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 pm

MrMichaelLee Andray Blatche is undergoing surgery right now on his broken RIGHT foot, not left, which he injured this week @ VC: http://bit.ly/bZ31HL 13 minutes ago reply

Blatche confirmed this afternoon that he broke his foot while working out at Verizon Center this week, denying rumors that it occurred while playing basketball at Berry Farms. The injury possibly came as a result of a stress reaction that may have snapped all the way through. Asked how he was feeling, Blatche texted, "I'm good."

sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#60 » by sashae » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:50 pm

I am hoping against hope that Ted is going to forge a relationship with a more effective medical staff than we've had in the past.

Return to Washington Wizards