ImageImageImageImageImage

Who do you like at SF?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

If you had to pick just one o who would you choose?

Thorton
36%
Howard
25%
Miller
17%
Other (specify who)
22%

Total votes: 36

daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Who do you like at SF? 

Post#1 » by daSwami » Sun Jun 6, 2010 4:14 pm

Thorton is the only guy under contract, so he's probably a given, but Miller and Howard are both good in their own ways. Who do you like?
:banghead:
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,053

Re: Who do you like at SF? 

Post#2 » by queridiculo » Sun Jun 6, 2010 4:17 pm

The guy I REALLY like at SF is Stanley Robinson. Would love if Washington found a way to draft Crash Jr.
cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#3 » by cdouglas » Sun Jun 6, 2010 4:19 pm

The Wizards will choose John Wall at the #1 pick. Can we unretire #11???
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#4 » by willbcocks » Sun Jun 6, 2010 4:37 pm

I want us to draft a SF and have him split time with Thornton since the latter's under contract. One of the SF prospects will probably fall to us at 30, so we should roll the dice.

Or if we can trade up and get Henry, we could start him off at SF until we trade Gil at the trade deadline...
VictorPage44
Senior
And1: 1

Post#5 » by VictorPage44 » Sun Jun 6, 2010 4:53 pm

In the draft, I like Robinson. In FA, I like Dorell Wright.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#6 » by closg00 » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:11 pm

I like the thread Swami, but why no draft picks in the poll?
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#7 » by JWizmentality » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:17 pm

Josh Howard on a peanuts contract.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#8 » by Hoopalotta » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:17 pm

I as well like the split between Thronton and a draft pick in a platoon situation, but I reserve more forceful votes for NOT Miller or Howard.

Nothing against those guys personally, but it's time to move on.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#9 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:31 pm

I definitely wouldn't be against signing Josh Howard to a cheap, bargain contract if the opportunity presents itself.

In addition to Stanley Robinson (I drool at the thought of the alley-oop highlights that would ensue from Wall to Robinson), I'd throw Pondexter in the mix as somebody we could draft and play along with Thornton. Hopefully out of he and Robinson one will drop to 30.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#10 » by fishercob » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:36 pm

Luke Babbitt.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#11 » by montestewart » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:44 pm

Hoopalotta wrote:I as well like the split between Thronton and a draft pick in a platoon situation, but I reserve more forceful votes for NOT Miller or Howard.

Nothing against those guys personally, but it's time to move on.

That's about where I am, except I'm torn regarding Howard, especially if we don't get a good prospect in the draft. He showed some brief but fairly amazing glimpses of what he still had. Don't know if he can ever come back from the injury, but if he can, he'll certainly have incentive to show more of the same on a short bargain contract, without tying salary up long term. People like Thornton and Howard that play with defensive intensity help fight the lackadaisical defensive culture that's permeated the Wizards for too many years, and that ain't a bad thing.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#12 » by MJG » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:54 pm

No interest in resigning Miller. His skillset and mindset are just not that useful for a rebuilding team. A contender should snatch him up on the cheap.

Very minimal interest in resigning Howard. He'd have to be dirt cheap. Say one year, $2 million, or two years, $3 million. If he's fine with that, then he can be our starting SF next year.

Thornton is under contract, so he's playing whether I like him or not. I'll tolerate his being the guy at SF next year if we cannot find any way to draft someone better, but if he sticks around beyond that, it better be as a backup.
Samuels
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#13 » by Samuels » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:56 pm

I like Mike Miller alot to be our SF next year if a reasonable contract can be signed.. To me Thornton is a blackhole on offense and sorta a shot jacker.. With Miller the offense will flow much better.. Also with Wall,Arenas,Miller and Blatche you have 4 guys who can handle and pass..

Miller can handle,pass and rebound very well and won't take ill advised shots but will nail the open 3 ball.. With a Wall and Arenas backcourt thier will be alot of dribble drives and Miller will get alot of open spotup 3 balls and will clear space for Blatche to work..

I like Howard as well but lets be honest he is'nt gonna be ready till mid season and still won't back to normal probably till 2011-2012 season..
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#14 » by mhd » Sun Jun 6, 2010 6:00 pm

Thorton can be our long needed defensive stopper. What he did to Mello in that one game showed me that. He's signed cheap, and should be given all the PT he can handle this year to either build his value or show he's a member of our future.
daSwami
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by daSwami » Sun Jun 6, 2010 6:08 pm

closg00 wrote:I like the thread Swami, but why no draft picks in the poll?

that would qualify as "other"
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#16 » by willbcocks » Sun Jun 6, 2010 6:11 pm

MJG wrote:No interest in resigning Miller. His skillset and mindset are just not that useful for a rebuilding team. A contender should snatch him up on the cheap.

Very minimal interest in resigning Howard. He'd have to be dirt cheap. Say one year, $2 million, or two years, $3 million. If he's fine with that, then he can be our starting SF next year.

Thornton is under contract, so he's playing whether I like him or not. I'll tolerate his being the guy at SF next year if we cannot find any way to draft someone better, but if he sticks around beyond that, it better be as a backup.

+1

Thornton is the stopgap because he's under contract. We need to draft a SF or two in the next two drafts.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#17 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sun Jun 6, 2010 6:33 pm

Howard, the dude has skills. I'd like to watch what a team of Wall, Arenas, Howard and Blatche could do.
daSwami
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by daSwami » Sun Jun 6, 2010 6:43 pm

Of the three, I think Howard is the most dynamic. And I'm not sure if we'll really need Miller's 3-point shooting if Arenas moves to the 2. Of course this entire convo changes if we're really determined to go after Melo after next off-season. In that case, I like Thorton, as his contract comes off the books after next season.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#19 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Sun Jun 6, 2010 6:47 pm

^ good point Swami, though a one year deal for Howard if he wanted it to get his value back up before cashing in next summer wouldn't hurt either party either. We'd still have a shot at Melo.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#20 » by Halcyon » Sun Jun 6, 2010 6:54 pm

I would like to keep Miller, but he will cost a bit too much and I'm weary of giving him a multi-year deal. J-Ho for cheap is definitely possible so I would go with that, and draft a player at SF to compete with Thornton for the primary backup spot.

Return to Washington Wizards