ImageImageImageImageImage

Blatche breaks left foot.....Surgery coming

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: Blatche breaks left foot.....Surgery coming 

Post#41 » by Skin » Fri Jul 2, 2010 10:00 pm

Would Blatche ever be considered for trade?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#42 » by queridiculo » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:34 pm

He's signed through 2012 with $6.7 million left on the deal. I see absolutely no reason why Washington would move him given how well he's played down the stretch.

If I was the GM I'd probably consider him untouchable and it would have to take a ridiculous offer to pry him loose.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#43 » by MJG » Sat Jul 3, 2010 2:54 am

nate33 wrote:
Pollinator wrote:I personally am not sure how much I like Wall playing in summer league. The kid's going to be playing big minutes from day 1 come November- his body probably needs the rest more than he needs to prove anything in July.

Summer League is in July. He'll have 3 months to rest before the regular season starts. Besides, if he's not playing in Summer League, he'll be playing someplace else.

Yea really. If Wall playing 120 minutes of semi-casual basketball over the course of a week is cause for long-term concern, we've got much bigger problems to worry about.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#44 » by mohammed10 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 12:34 am

Skin wrote:Would Blatche ever be considered for trade?

Save for Wall, I don't think anybody on this squad should be considered 'untouchable'.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#45 » by Benjammin » Mon Jul 5, 2010 1:00 am

If KAJ and Gretzky can be traded, I don't think we have to worry about on our roster being untouchable, including Wall in the right deal.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by mohammed10 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 1:39 am

Benjammin wrote:If KAJ and Gretzky can be traded, I don't think we have to worry about on our roster being untouchable, including Wall in the right deal.

KAJ? Help me out with this one...perhaps too much BBQ intoxication

Ben - you would consider trading Wall without even having seen him play in a Wiz uni? Really?
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Benjammin
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Benjammin » Mon Jul 5, 2010 1:41 am

Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Yeah, I'd trade Wall without seeing him in a Wizards uniform for the right deal.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by mohammed10 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 1:44 am

KAJ - Kareem...thanks

I would trade Wall for no less than Chris Paul or Deron Williams. Not saying that either is available, but still...

Benjammin
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by Benjammin » Mon Jul 5, 2010 1:53 am

mohammed10 wrote:KAJ - Kareem...thanks

I would trade Wall for no less than Chris Paul or Deron Williams. Not saying that either is available, but still...

It's not a long list of guys I'd trade him for right now straight up. I may be missing a few guys.

LBJ--holding my nose
Durant
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Carmelo
Wade
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by mohammed10 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 2:07 am

Benjammin wrote:It's not a long list of guys I'd trade him for right now straight up. I may be missing a few guys.

LBJ--holding my nose
Durant
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Carmelo
Wade

Ben - We are of the same mindset. Seems like a pretty comprehensive list...

TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#51 » by TheBigThree » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:04 am

FWIW, Flip said today Blatche has been in working out and staying as in shape as he can be without running during minicamp. Not a huge thing, but I'm happy to hear Blatche is lifting and doing what he can, and that he's with the team.
MF23
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#52 » by MF23 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Yeah, he doesn't have to get out of shape. He can focus on core and upper body conditioning. For cardio he can do swimming. I'm glad to hear he's working.
Et tu Bilas.
MD
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#53 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:24 pm

TheBigThree wrote:FWIW, Flip said today Blatche has been in working out and staying as in shape as he can be without running during minicamp. Not a huge thing, but I'm happy to hear Blatche is lifting and doing what he can, and that he's with the team.

Andray's growing into a team leader. He seized the moment last season and I believe he'll bounce back nicely from this setback with his foot.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#54 » by fishercob » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Good update from Mike Lee:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizard ... y-bla.html

Blatche couldn't estimate how much weight he has lost, but admitted that his primary concern this offseason was transforming his physique. The 6-foot-11 Blatche has always been relatively slender but didn't have much muscle definition. Blatche said that remains the goal even after he was forced to have surgery last month to repair a broken bone in his right foot.

"I keep working hard and going through rehab," Blatche said recently. "I changed my diet, working harder. Eating right and drinking right. Before the foot injury, I was in the gym every day working, so my body could be ready for the 82 games. That's the main thing for me, my body. That's what I'm focusing on. Just rehabbing, taking it day by day, working out. Not trying to be lazy. So, I'm getting in the weight room."

"Definitely. I'll definitely be back for training camp, working out with my team," said Blatche, who had a screw inserted into his foot during surgery. "They said I'll be out eight to 10 weeks, so I should be back by September, as long as I keep working hard and going through rehab."
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
TheGreatWall
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#55 » by TheGreatWall » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:11 am

Cool...hopefully he stays away from his old diet of strip joints and Ibiza nightclub.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#56 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 am

The Wiz medical staff don't approve. They find his progression relatively suspicious and will investigate further.
rockymac52
Sixth Man
And1: 73

Post#57 » by rockymac52 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:46 pm

More like the Wiz medical staff tell Blatche he's good to start running in a week, and within days reports of Blatche reinjuring his foot surface.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#58 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Benjammin wrote:

It's not a long list of guys I'd trade him for right now straight up. I may be missing a few guys.

LBJ--holding my nose
Durant
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Carmelo
Wade

You would trade Wall for a 28 year old injury prone Wade? Wade has proven he can't get out the first round unless he is on a stacked team. So us traded for Wade (who only has 4 years of his prime left at best) would be a bad move.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by Benjammin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:44 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
Benjammin wrote:

LBJ--holding my nose
Durant
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Carmelo
Wade

You would trade Wall for a 28 year old injury prone Wade? Wade has proven he can't get out the first round unless he is on a stacked team. So us traded for Wade (who only has 4 years of his prime left at best) would be a bad move.

It wasn't a specific trade for Wade per se (rather a list of guys with the talent and accomplishments worth considering for Wall) , but I imagine it would be part of acquiring more talent like the Heat did. Like it or not, the purpose of competition is to win, not just to see new shiny toys. But I can understand the reluctance with Wade's injury history, although I don't think it's fair to blame him for their playoff woes when their teams have been pretty weak. I'm sure if I put that list out on the general board I would be considered a homer for not having more names on the list.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,365

Post#60 » by verbal8 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:50 am

Benjammin wrote:It wasn't a specific trade for Wade per se (rather a list of guys with the talent and accomplishments worth considering for Wall) , but I imagine it would be part of acquiring more talent like the Heat did. Like it or not, the purpose of competition is to win, not just to see new shiny toys. But I can understand the reluctance with Wade's injury history, although I don't think it's fair to blame him for their playoff woes when their teams have been pretty weak. I'm sure if I put that list out on the general board I would be considered a homer for not having more names on the list.

To contiue the fantasy scenario(Wade for Wall), if there was a need at PG, the Wizards could put together a pretty good package for Paul. They could deal McGee and Blatche with short or expiring contracts. That would give NOH a young cheap core(Collison, Thornton, Blatche, McGee) and if the Wizards got back West and Okafor, the Wizards would only have a need at SF.

Return to Washington Wizards