ImageImageImageImageImage

Wow: Mcgee grew

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Clangus
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Wow: Mcgee grew 

Post#81 » by Clangus » Fri Oct 1, 2010 7:15 am

I really like McGee - Obviously not seen him as much as you guys, but he seems to have alot of very solid tools - if that growth is legit - Dayum that boy is long. It can never hurt having that kind of length and athleticism. I'd love a prospect like tht on our team.

Edit: we do have a prospect a little like that in Ibaka - but he's not really a center.

Good luck to McGee and the Wiz this season. You boys have had more than a fair share of incidents. Its about time that Washington got to just play basketball.

O.T - I look forward to seeing Gil play and hopefully Gil and Wall tearing up the east (one of the advantages of supporting a West team - I can cheer for East guys to dominate :D )
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#82 » by pancakes3 » Fri Oct 1, 2010 11:07 am

doclinkin wrote:BY the way, welcome [home] Kevin... uh neviK. In case you ain't been here before.

how did wizD put it? anxiously awaiting the triumphant return of the grey lion? dare we say... aslan?
Bullets -> Wizards
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#83 » by Ruzious » Fri Oct 1, 2010 12:14 pm

crackhed wrote:trading mcgee is a horrible idea imo.
he's a very special talent and he'll be a beast when he learns the game and adds some weight.

I hear ya. He's got tremendous potential, but... his potential is no greater than Oden is on the rare occasion that he's been healthy, imo, and it's very questionable that Jav is ever going to be a good starter in the NBA - especially when you see him not even hustle while playing for a spot on the US team. If Oden gets healthy, he's one of the best centers in the NBA. Even if Jav reaches his potential, the Wiz are soft in the middle. Really what it comes down to imo is - Oden would give the Wiz a chance to become a championship contender, and that makes him worth the risk.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#84 » by Illuminaire » Fri Oct 1, 2010 7:21 pm

I think Oden is more than likely the new Bill Walton. Tremendous talent, a game changer on the inside, and he may only have one healthy season over his entire career.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#85 » by doclinkin » Sat Oct 2, 2010 6:53 am

Predicted this:

Mike Lee, WaPost wrote:Saunders has spoken with McGee about becoming a better defensive rebounder this season, so that the team could exploit Wall's speed and get out more on the break. McGee said he is working on boxing out and establishing better positioning, because he knows Wall can and will find him.

"I know if I roll and he throws it up, I'm going to catch it, and if I roll, he's going to pass it. It's like instinct," McGee said.

From here:
doc diggy at bullets foevah wrote:I suspect we’ll see him more willing to stand his ground instead of dancing around outside looking for a clear lane to get a running start. But somebody’s got to rip into him to let him know it’s not okay to leak out and start running before the ball is secured. No cherry picking for fast break dunks. Now that he’s likely to get longer minutes maybe he won’t cheat the effort on the low-post duties, he’ll get enough touches regardless. John Wall will see to that. It’s a trust thing.

And like I said elsewhere, uptempo leads to more touches for everbody, leads to bigger scoring numbers more touches, easier to keep everyone happy earning the vanity stats. Thus paradoxically more energy on defense at times, jazzed and energized on a scoring high. Uptempo returns Nick to a high efficiency status, and tires out opponents late game. Stamina, depth, youth and health are what will allow us to play that way. If all goes well.

I expect JaVale getting touches proves a far more coachable player, not 'trying to do my thing out there' instead of listening to coaches' instructions, a la USA ball.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#86 » by Nivek » Mon Oct 4, 2010 2:27 pm

Hello all. Thanks for the welcome back.

I'll be in and out. I'll call you this week CCJ.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,365

Post#87 » by verbal8 » Mon Oct 4, 2010 3:45 pm

Illuminaire wrote:I think Oden is more than likely the new Bill Walton. Tremendous talent, a game changer on the inside, and he may only have one healthy season over his entire career.

Yeah that seems the most likely case given his injury history.

Return to Washington Wizards