ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread - Wizards vs Mavs SL (7/15/10)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail??

WHO shot J.R.????
6%
Representing the most powerful city in the world...
94%

Total votes: 16

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Official Thread - Wizards vs Mavs SL (7/15/10) 

Post#81 » by hands11 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:07 am

eltacoman wrote:we win we win we win !!!!!!!!!!! we finally got a winning streak !!! :D

LMAO.. True True. First three game winning streak in about a year.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,043

Post#82 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:08 am

I think this season's going to be the most fun season since the Wizards got to round two against the Heat. Nah, better than that. I think this will be a lot like the team with Webber, Howard, Muresan, Strickland and Cheaney. This will be a very exciting team. Finally, the days of suffering with this franchise are over.

Wall only shot 4-19, but he had his best game. That guy's outstanding. He's going to change everything for the better.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#83 » by hands11 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:15 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I think this season's going to be the most fun season since the Wizards got to round two against the Heat. Nah, better than that. I think this will be a lot like the team with Webber, Howard, Muresan, Strickland and Cheaney. This will be a very exciting team. Finally, the days of suffering with this franchise are over.

Wall only shot 4-19, but he had his best game. That guy's outstanding. He's going to change everything for the better.

Can what to see pre-season when we get to add Dray and Gil so Wall has more targets.

Best think about having a true PG is that now we can better develop younger players.. specially bigs.

You have someone that understands how to make the game easier for them so they gain confidence and enjoy playing. That is how you have them to buy in and work on their game and play better D.

Hamaday doesn't look very ready. Maybe we send him to the D - League and add some players to round out this roster.
Joe_Wiz
Senior
And1: 5

Post#84 » by Joe_Wiz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 am

eltacoman wrote:i hope i wake up tomorrow and find out that we signed Cartier Martin :D good night yall Good Game

I'd be happy to see us sign him to a modest contract. I liked him during the 1st game, but after I saw in the box score that he went 2-8, I was too embarrassed to say anything. I didn't have a strong opinion after the 2nd game, but he sure looked good tonight.

Besides his shooting & scoring tonight, I like his passing and the fact that he doesn't try to do too much. His D hasn't stood out for me either way, but I could've easily overlooked things I should have noticed on that end.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,636

Post#85 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 am

cartier's got a little trevor ariza in him
Bullets -> Wizards
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#86 » by Ji » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:35 am

Wall had his best game despite the shooting. he knows what he has to work on. 3-0 is a great record considering we usually are 1-5 or 0-6 in Summer league.

we will make the playoffs next year if healthy...maybe face Miami in Round 1
Joe_Wiz
Senior

Post#87 » by Joe_Wiz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:40 am

eltacoman wrote:
fishercob wrote:Cartier deserves a contract if for no other reason than his game-winner against Indy in the finale last year got us the lotto spot that got the Wall pick. He saved the franchise.

this is True

please EG sign Him B4 the Spurs swoop in & get there claws on him :-?

I was cursing his name that night. I don't know what to think now about his decision to take that shot. I certainly don't give him credit for saving the franchise, but neither can I hold a grudge for reducing its chances of a higher pick (which was the result from the perspective of anyone with the information available at the time).

He did have the guts to take the shot, and he made it, but I'd sign him for what he's shown in SL more than anything I recall seeing him do last year.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,636

Post#88 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:55 am

mcgee continues to irritate me by not rebounding and more obsessed with catching oops
Bullets -> Wizards
GilArenas88
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#89 » by GilArenas88 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:57 am

In Wall's defense he missed a ton of easy lay-ups and was forced to take a few heaves late in the clock. He also should of at least probably had another 2-3 assist but they were fumbled away my the young buck.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#90 » by Severn Hoos » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:57 am

Joe_Wiz wrote:
eltacoman wrote:
fishercob wrote:Cartier deserves a contract if for no other reason than his game-winner against Indy in the finale last year got us the lotto spot that got the Wall pick. He saved the franchise.

this is True

please EG sign Him B4 the Spurs swoop in & get there claws on him :-?

I was cursing his name that night. I don't know what to think now about his decision to take that shot. I certainly don't give him credit for saving the franchise, but neither can I hold a grudge for reducing its chances of a higher pick (which was the result from the perspective of anyone with the information available at the time).

He did have the guts to take the shot, and he made it, but I'd sign him for what he's shown in SL more than anything I recall seeing him do last year.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but it wasn't Cartier who hit that shot to beat Indy, it was Cedric Jackson:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300414027

So whether it's deserving of praises or cursing, it belongs to someone else...

Oh and, yeah - they should sign Cartier for the season.
Joe_Wiz
Senior

Post#91 » by Joe_Wiz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:07 am

Severn Hoos wrote:Sorry to break it to you guys, but it wasn't Cartier who hit that shot to beat Indy, it was Cedric Jackson:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300414027

So whether it's deserving of praises or cursing, it belongs to someone else...

Oh and, yeah - they should sign Cartier for the season.

Thanks, I actually couldn't remember who hit that shot (as much as I cursed his name, I didn't remember what it was). I was just taking the word of others.

I still stick to what I said about signing him for what he's shown in SL more than anything I recall seeing him do last year.

Edited after I saw that my comment ended up on the next page; edited to include quote to which I was responding.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#92 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:08 am

I would think that if both the Zards and another team were to offer Cartier a contract, we'd win out based on familiarity with the coaching staff and the general ragged state of our small forward slot. He's almost guaranteed playing time here unless we sign someone unexpected.
no D in Hibachi
Veteran

Post#93 » by no D in Hibachi » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:21 am

pancakes3 wrote:mcgee continues to irritate me by not rebounding and more obsessed with catching oops

That was my thought as well, summer league is fool's gold for guys like McGee. No way he gets away with those alley-oops and razzle dazzle moves in the regular season. In fact, the only thing McGee did which impressed me from a development standpoint was his sweeping hook shot which was miss-aimed, but with a soft touch. McGee still doesn't box out, still sets horrible screens, and still goes flying at every pump fake. Sure he's long and beautiful to watch in a George Gervin type of way, but McGee is missing the mark, badly. I still have high hopes for McGee, but until he fundamentally develops and probably physically develops he will be an overall below average center in the NBA.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#94 » by dandridge 10 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:23 am

pancakes3 wrote:mcgee continues to irritate me by not rebounding and more obsessed with catching oops

Agreed. The man is still clueless on D and never boxes out. If he does happen to get a defensive rebound, he ends up bringing the ball down low and gets stripped.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#95 » by dandridge 10 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:30 am

Oh, and Booker is not impressing me much. Seems to have a good stroke when wide open, but I thought I would see more boards from the guy. I just don't see the toughness that everyone has been talking about. Then again, it would be nice if the Wizards offense was designed to give him the ball every now and then.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#96 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:39 am

Our defensive interior is just going to be incredibly soft, and possibly the worst in the league, with Blatche, McGee and Yi at the top of the rotation.

I don't think McGee's instincts are bad as far as challenging perpetrators, but he just doesn't take possession of the area physically as far as adequately countering the opposing bigs. It's those guys coming in off the ball unimpeded that's hurting us more than anything.

Ideally, we'd have Blatche, McGee and an in-his-prime Ben Wallace. We have Yi.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,448

Post#97 » by nate33 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:39 am

dandridge 10 wrote:Oh, and Booker is not impressing me much. Seems to have a good stroke when wide open, but I thought I would see more boards from the guy. I just don't see the toughness that everyone has been talking about. Then again, it would be nice if the Wizards offense was designed to give him the ball every now and then.

It may be that most of these raw summer league big men lack perimeter shooting skills. If Booker is in there alongside Blatche, Blatche could draw his man out to the perimeter and give Booker some space to post up his counterpart SF. (Yi could stretch the floor as well.)
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#98 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:47 am

Wall is better than advertised! He is going to be the clear cut best PG in the NBA in 3 years. I would of loved to see McGee actually focus on rebounding for once. And I have to see more from Booker.

Cartier needs to be signed right now 8-)
dnk
Sophomore

Post#99 » by dnk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:07 am

No reason not to sign Cartier Martin to a 1-year deal. The players he's guarding seem to score a lot, but it's not for lack of trying. But his shot looks good.

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Javale is beasting in SL.

Making me rethink my statement about trading his rights for Cousins. I LOVE the way McGee is playing!

Really, CCJ? I think pretty highly of your talent evaluation, but this is more along the lines of how I feel:

no D in Hibachi wrote:

That was my thought as well, summer league is fool's gold for guys like McGee. No way he gets away with those alley-oops and razzle dazzle moves in the regular season. In fact, the only thing McGee did which impressed me from a development standpoint was his sweeping hook shot which was miss-aimed, but with a soft touch. McGee still doesn't box out, still sets horrible screens, and still goes flying at every pump fake. Sure he's long and beautiful to watch in a George Gervin type of way, but McGee is missing the mark, badly. I still have high hopes for McGee, but until he fundamentally develops and probably physically develops he will be an overall below average center in the NBA.

Not to mention him getting two or three rebounds ripped away from him. The lack of boxing out and general inability to position himself and time his rebounds is so aggravating. Even more so than the jumping-at-pump-fakes, which I also hate.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,129

Post#100 » by Dat2U » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:09 am

Before the draft I said Dominique Jones was a legit lottery talent. After watching him today I think I was right. Dallas just found its starting SG.

Had we drafted Jones instead of Booker, I might have gotten behind the idea of trading Gil and giving the starting job to Jones.

Whoever said Beaubois was weak mentally was right. Pathetic showing by someone with his talent.

Oh yeah, we need to sign Cartier Martin, like yesterday.

Return to Washington Wizards