ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Usain Bolt beaten is Sweden just now!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

OT: Usain Bolt beaten is Sweden just now! 

Post#1 » by JWizmentality » Fri Aug 6, 2010 7:09 pm

Tyson Gay just beat Bolt over 100m in 9.82 secs! Let the media storm begin.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Re: OT: Usain Bolt beaten is Sweden just now! 

Post#2 » by closg00 » Fri Aug 6, 2010 7:32 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Tyson Gay just beat Bolt over 100m in 9.82 secs! Let the media storm begin.

Bolt is only human, he would lose eventually to someone.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#3 » by JWizmentality » Fri Aug 6, 2010 7:51 pm

closg00 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Tyson Gay just beat Bolt over 100m in 9.82 secs! Let the media storm begin.

Bolt is only human, he would lose eventually to someone.

I know, I'm psyched. This is what the sport needed. Now if only Powell would grow a pair, this sport could really take off.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#4 » by Ruzious » Fri Aug 6, 2010 8:08 pm

It could become as popular as soccer in the US - in a non-Cup year. :wink:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#5 » by JWizmentality » Fri Aug 6, 2010 8:18 pm

Ruzious wrote:It could become as popular as soccer in the US - in a non-Cup year. :wink:

Shoo fly, you bother me.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#6 » by queridiculo » Fri Aug 6, 2010 8:54 pm

Those meets are much like wresslin events. It's all about drumming up the hype for the next meet, and lining their respective pockets.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#7 » by fishercob » Fri Aug 6, 2010 11:08 pm

I remember going cray zee fr Carl Lewis when I was a kid. I must admit though that whenever someone posts a good time, I wonder/assume they're juicing. Shame.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#8 » by JWizmentality » Fri Aug 6, 2010 11:53 pm

fishercob wrote:I remember going cray zee fr Carl Lewis when I was a kid. I must admit though that whenever someone posts a good time, I wonder/assume they're juicing. Shame.

I think the top 3 now are clean. There hasn't even been the slightest hint that they are using. Just so happens, they're the 3 fastest of all time.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#9 » by fishercob » Sat Aug 7, 2010 12:22 am

you think that's just a coincidence?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#10 » by montestewart » Sat Aug 7, 2010 12:53 am

fishercob wrote:you think that's just a coincidence?

So skeptical. I suppose Lance McBonds is juicing too?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#11 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Aug 8, 2010 1:54 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
fishercob wrote:I remember going cray zee fr Carl Lewis when I was a kid. I must admit though that whenever someone posts a good time, I wonder/assume they're juicing. Shame.

I think the top 3 now are clean. There hasn't even been the slightest hint that they are using. Just so happens, they're the 3 fastest of all time.

montestewart wrote:
fishercob wrote:you think that's just a coincidence?

So skeptical. I suppose Lance McBonds is juicing too?

I think they cheat'n, Jwiz.

Labs are getting more and more scientific. It took years and years to develop a test to trace the clear.

The best doctors know how to dope up athletes with new stuff that isn't being tested for. Check out this read on designer steroids:

http://www.steroidreport.com/2008/08/22 ... -steroids/

Researcher Jason Thomas, a graduate student in the doctoral program for synthetic organic chemistry at City University in New York, takes us inside the mind of a designer steroid chemist in an interview with Culturekiosque. Thomas describes a powerful tool that has the potential to create an infinite number of undetectable, designer anabolic steroids.

Dynamic Combinatorial Chemistry is a complicated process, so instead of explaining how it works I will simply provide the bottom line. Once steroid chemists have invested the necessary time into the chemical strategy for DCC, hundreds of novel steroid compounds can be synthesized and tested within a matter of minutes. The entire process is orchestrated by computers.

I hate to be so so cynical, but somebody out there lives by the motto "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying." The rationale for doping now can be to go ahead and cheat but have the steroid synthesized into something undetectable, and thus technically not illegal since the test doesn't catch it.

I think Lance Armstrong probably did what he thought he had to do to stay competitive. I think that's what many to most of them are doing. They put it in the doctor's hands and do not ask questions. The doctors that treat guys like Tiger Woods (IMO a bigtime cheater in the steroid realm) know they can get away with it.

I do not know about the latest racers. JWiz, they could be completely clean. I just think somebody out there is cheating.
Bye bye Beal.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#12 » by JWizmentality » Sun Aug 8, 2010 2:53 pm

True, it's amazing, but I honestly think the top 3 are clean. There isn't any arrogance, hate or ultra-competitiveness among them like the sprint rivalries of the past that drive some to juice. These guys are actually pretty good friends.

Return to Washington Wizards