ImageImageImageImageImage

2011 Allstar weekend : Wiz Involvement?

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

REDardWIZskin
Senior
And1: 2

2011 Allstar weekend : Wiz Involvement? 

Post#1 » by REDardWIZskin » Mon Aug 9, 2010 4:01 pm

I know that this is a long time from now but its fun to speculate. Which events do you think some of our guys could be apart of this year? If any :roll:

Off the top of my head I'm thinking Wall for PG skills, McGee for Dunk Contest (He should have a bit more top 10 plays this yr on the fast break), maybe even Gil in 3 pt contest.
I would put Blatche down for his first Allstar bid but the East is really PF heavy now and its based on popularity anyways.
Sit back and watch WALL WORK!! >:-)
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,761

Re: 2011 Allstar weekend : Wiz Involvement? 

Post#2 » by Rafael122 » Mon Aug 9, 2010 4:40 pm

Wall will be in the Rookie-Sophomore game for the next 2 years and I agree, he'd be perfect for the skills game.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#3 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Aug 9, 2010 5:09 pm

Javale in the dunk contest? I think he can pull of some ridiculous tricks. Maybe not flashy dunks but he could do some creative stuff.
rockymac52
Sixth Man
And1: 73

Post#4 » by rockymac52 » Mon Aug 9, 2010 5:28 pm

JaVale has started his own campaign to get into the dunk contest, and I think that could really help his chances. He's definitely much more of an in-game dunker because of his size, but he likes to be flashy and he could put together some pretty solid dunk contest dunks. I honestly believe Nick Young would be better in the dunk contest though, although he would probably miss a few dunks.

This is still one of the best dunks I've ever seen:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdTh1RPIVAU[/youtube]
REDardWIZskin
Senior
And1: 2

Post#5 » by REDardWIZskin » Mon Aug 9, 2010 7:33 pm

I wish Nick would display some of that athleticism during the games! I said McGee instead of N1 though because i think he;ll get alot more opportunites to dunk especially in the open court. We've seen some big guys in there before in Amare and Dwight we'll see though
Sit back and watch WALL WORK!! >:-)
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#6 » by FreeBalling » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:30 am

Gil doing the 3pt shot would be nice, when he's on - O-MAN watch out.

I think he should just show off by doing it one handed, like how he schooled D.S.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#7 » by dangermouse » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:50 am

FreeBalling wrote:Gil doing the 3pt shot would be nice, when he's on - O-MAN watch out.

I think he should just show off by doing it one handed, like how he schooled D.S.

He did, a few years ago. Maybe in Phx?

Arenas wont be in the 3pt comp. Unless he is stroking it next season at an unbelievable clip, and fans and media warm to him again, then I cant see it happening.

Wall in the skills challenge and McGee in the dunk comp. Last seasons dunk comp was horrible. After like 5 years of good competitions, it was just back to being boring again, no one tried anything fancy. McGee could bust out with a Larry Nance jersey and dunk two balls at once and all the kids would be like Who??? I really want McGee in the dunk off, I wanna see how high he can actually get. Nance was 7'1" right? Now McGee is too. Nance could dunk it and it seemed like the rim was at his waist.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.

Return to Washington Wizards