ImageImageImageImageImage

Finding the Ideal Small Forward

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Re: Finding the Ideal Small Forward 

Post#41 » by Kanyewest » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:07 am

I like Batum a lot especially what he brings to the defensive end but I have a feeling that the Wizards don't have enough assets to get him unless they want to give up Blatche.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#42 » by Halcyon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:53 am

We may have to go into the draft to find that next SF, but just from glancing over the NBA Draft Express projections, it doesn't look like too many SFs will be there in the late lotto with what we're looking for.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#43 » by closg00 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:33 pm

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#44 » by hands11 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:00 am

Mizerooskie
Junior
And1: 36

Post#45 » by Mizerooskie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:54 am

I'd love a player like Batum, but what assets could the Wizards give up to get a guy like that? I doubt that Portland doesn't value the guy extremely highly. The only glimmer of hope I have is that they just drafted a guy that plays his position in the 1st round (Luke Babbit).

For the short term, I'd be all about Kirilenko, Prince, or Battier. All are solid citizens that are excellent defensively (something the team desperately needs) and would be ideal role models for the young guys.

For the long term, it seems most productive to look towards next years draft. Harrison Barnes, Jan Vesely, Jeff Taylor, and Elias Harris are all possibilities in that regard.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#46 » by hands11 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Mizerooskie wrote:I'd love a player like Batum, but what assets could the Wizards give up to get a guy like that? I doubt that Portland doesn't value the guy extremely highly. The only glimmer of hope I have is that they just drafted a guy that plays his position in the 1st round (Luke Babbit).

For the short term, I'd be all about Kirilenko, Prince, or Battier. All are solid citizens that are excellent defensively (something the team desperately needs) and would be ideal role models for the young guys.

For the long term, it seems most productive to look towards next years draft. Harrison Barnes, Jan Vesely, Jeff Taylor, and Elias Harris are all possibilities in that regard.

Well we will most likely crank this conversation up come the trade deadline after we see what we have and where they are lined up.

Right now the only players that have clear solid position are Wall and Gil. Dray will clearly start but I still think its a little messy as to where he plays until we figure out who plays center. Lots to get worked out over the next month or so

Return to Washington Wizards