ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Suck Theodore Leonsis Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#1421 » by gravytrain24 » Tue May 8, 2018 3:27 am

I'm really excited and happy for the Caps making it but subconsciously im upset because Ted benefits. Caps advance and he gets to make more money, win win for him.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1422 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue May 8, 2018 12:12 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:I'm really excited and happy for the Caps making it but subconsciously im upset because Ted benefits. Caps advance and he gets to make more money, win win for him.

And he puffs himself up more, further reducing any rationale he might have for making needed changes.
In Rizzo we trust
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#1423 » by closg00 » Tue May 8, 2018 12:38 pm

Yup, Ted is making money, if one of his teams advances then that’s just a bonus.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#1424 » by Dark Faze » Tue May 8, 2018 1:09 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:I'm really excited and happy for the Caps making it but subconsciously im upset because Ted benefits. Caps advance and he gets to make more money, win win for him.

if caps chip, wiz are sunk

" We ran it back one hundred times and it worked eventually. I know what I'm doing."

No use not rooting for the caps though, by beating the Pens Ted will already have this rationale, so might as well go all the way if possible.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#1425 » by BigA » Sun May 20, 2018 1:35 pm

If the Caps lose this series, I'll feel bad for the Caps fans, who have been loyal and long-suffering.

On the upside, we'll be spared Ted's condescension and preening about how his 10 point plan was proven correct by the Caps, and anyone who criticizes the management of the Wizards is nowhere near as smart as he is.

I predict an outbreak of schadenfreude on this board if the guy Ted fired (McPhee) wins the Stanley Cup and executive of the year.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#1426 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun May 20, 2018 2:26 pm

BigA wrote:If the Caps lose this series, I'll feel bad for the Caps fans, who have been loyal and long-suffering.

On the upside, we'll be spared Ted's condescension and preening about how his 10 point plan was proven correct by the Caps, and anyone who criticizes the management of the Wizards is nowhere near as smart as he is.

I predict an outbreak of schadenfreude on this board if the guy Ted fired (McPhee) wins the Stanley Cup and executive of the year.

I’d certainly take my chances if the NBA were to expand and EFG were named GM of the expansion franchise.

What GMGM is doing in Vegas is pretty remarkable... and surely will bring about a reset of the expansion draft rules. Pretty tough for a team like the Caps to lose its controllable, young, likely top 2 d-man like Schmidt.
trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#1427 » by trast66 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:20 am

BigA wrote:If the Caps lose this series, I'll feel bad for the Caps fans, who have been loyal and long-suffering.

Preening is the perfect word for ted’s behavior if they win. But I still hope they win.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1428 » by closg00 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:29 am

Caps are going to win, Ted will triple-down with his sidekick Ernie now
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1429 » by FAH1223 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:49 am

Read on Twitter
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Re: RE: Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#1430 » by keynote » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:15 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter
No doubt. Great benefits and otherworldly job security.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#1431 » by Jay81 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:44 am

Dat2U wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Chaos Revenant wrote:If Ted was really serious about keeping Arenas, EG would be long gone. The Arenas/EG relationship was toxic, starting last year.

Yep, and we said that when Ted retained EG.

It's been in the cards to trade Gil all along. They never would have acquired Hinrich if keeping Gil was really the plan.

True indeed. This thread now has merit. Teddy has hitched his wagon to Ernie's fat rear end and until he recognizes that he made a mistake in doing so, his Wizards are going nowhere no time soon.

8 years later and EG is still here
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1432 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:43 am

He's a champion hockey owner. Now? Double phuck the Wizards.
Bye bye Beal.
keynote
General Manager

Post#1433 » by keynote » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:12 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wizards-insider/wp/2018/07/30/ted-leonsis-projects-wizards-as-possibly-the-deepest-team-that-weve-ever-had/?utm_term=.0d595a2493b4

In consecutive summers, Howard has been dumped by his two previous teams and over time he has taken blows to his reputation.

“I think that’s a media-generated issue. I don’t think it’s a basketball-related issue,” Leonsis said about Howard. “He could’ve signed in many, many places and really it all comes down to the salary cap. Dwight is paid like a max player. We’re paying him the mid-level exception. He will be a great addition to the team, he wants to be here and his skill set is what we needed. Someone who could run, play defense and rebound. And he’s at the time of his career right now where he’s been paid a lot of money, he’s still getting paid max money. The buyout and what we’re paying him..."

Ugh. This is just blather. "Dwight is paid like a max player", but the league certainly doesn't *value* him like one. If he were actually worth max money, Charlotte wouldn't have traded him for flotsam, and Brooklyn wouldn't have been forced to buy him out.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
keynote
General Manager

Post#1434 » by keynote » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:16 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:He's a champion hockey owner. Now? Double phuck the Wizards.

The Valor won their chip, too (although Leonsis gets two bites at the apple in that league, and owns both teams in the final game). I'm sure he feels that all of his philosophies about team building and double bottom line are well-validated.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1435 » by queridiculo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:04 am

keynote wrote:
Ugh. This is just blather. "Dwight is paid like a max player", but the league certainly doesn't *value* him like one. If he were actually worth max money, Charlotte wouldn't have traded him for flotsam, and Brooklyn wouldn't have been forced to buy him out.

That article is cringe, this quote almost made me throw up my lunch.

“I thought both front offices had ‘A’ grades for their offseason. I think that when a season ends, you sit down and say, ‘This is what we want to accomplish,’ and for the Wizards, it was we need to have more balance and more depth and be prepared for injuries,” Leonsis said. “We had injuries last year and we want to be able to have interchangeable parts and players that are adapted to the new NBA.

“From center position to wing to the backcourt,” Leonsis continued. “So we were able to bring in a lot of bench scoring, and I think we can go 10 to 11 players deep.”

This is why Grunfeld still has a job, Leonsis really thinks he's got a clue.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1436 » by closg00 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:39 pm

queridiculo wrote:
keynote wrote:

That article is cringe, this quote almost made me throw up my lunch.

“I thought both front offices had ‘A’ grades for their offseason. I think that when a season ends, you sit down and say, ‘This is what we want to accomplish,’ and for the Wizards, it was we need to have more balance and more depth and be prepared for injuries,” Leonsis said. “We had injuries last year and we want to be able to have interchangeable parts and players that are adapted to the new NBA.

“From center position to wing to the backcourt,” Leonsis continued. “So we were able to bring in a lot of bench scoring, and I think we can go 10 to 11 players deep.”

This is why Grunfeld still has a job, Leonsis really thinks he's got a clue.

Ted sounds like a brainwashed cult member, he is truly Ernie's b*tch
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1437 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 2, 2018 3:50 am

keynote wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:He's a champion hockey owner. Now? Double phuck the Wizards.

The Valor won their chip, too (although Leonsis gets two bites at the apple in that league, and owns both teams in the final game). I'm sure he feels that all of his philosophies about team building and double bottom line are well-validated.

:nonono:
For starters, the AFL these days has just four teams. From April though early July each team played four times against every other squad in the league.

I guess first out of four counts for sumptin' :)
Bye bye Beal.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#1438 » by 80sballboy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:24 am

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#1439 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:05 pm

I mean, it’s hard not to applaud the investment in facilities, technology, etc.

At the same time, it’s impossible to overlook that with regard to the single biggest change he could make to get the Wizards to elite status, he has whiffed year after year.

Replace Ernie with a sentient being and we can talk.
In Rizzo we trust
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1440 » by montestewart » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Season's about to begin. Time to check the condiments.

Read on Twitter

Return to Washington Wizards