ImageImageImageImageImage

Who should be the next coach of the Washington Wizards?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who should Ted call?

Sam Cassell
13%
Jeff Van Gundy
22%
Brian Shaw
6%
Bill Laimbeer
10%
Dave Joerger
34%
Other (who cares, as long as it's not Friggin' Flip!)
15%

Total votes: 68

Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Re: Who should be the next coach of the Washington Wizards? 

Post#501 » by Higga » Tue Dec 2, 2014 2:36 pm

The way I see it I think just about every Head Coach in the NBA is more or less on the same level. You have a few who are great(e..g Pop), and a few who are god awful. I don't think any of the others are really that far apart from each other.

I'm liking Witt. I used to hate on him a lot, but the guys clearly like playing for him and his brutal honesty is refreshing. Everyone raves about a guy like Stan Van Gundy yet the Pistons record is god awful. I guess it's a lot easier to coach when you're coaching guys like Dwight Howard and Dwyane Wade...
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#502 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:03 pm

Lol, here's an email exchange I had with Ted back in January 2012 when I sent him the link to this thread. His responses in red.

If a change comes this year, here is your man.....Dave joerger. Happy new year, I can't wait for the wiz to start winning.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1149023

You should coach the team; text in the plays and rotations you want in real time directly to me-- we can then ask studi audience what to do as well; have everyone vote-- that would be perfect--we dont need a coach. Ted

Thanks for the reply, but I wasn't trying to be a smarta**. I thought you like to hear from the die hard fans, and know what they are thinking. I'm not calling for a firing......just saying if you decide to go a different route, Dave J. is your man.
Happy new year.

Thanks-- we know who he is-- Ted
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#503 » by keynote » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:27 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:Lol, here's an email exchange I had with Ted back in January 2012 when I sent him the link to this thread. His responses in red.

Ted comes off a little Summers Eve-y in that exchange, no question.

Of course, as fans, we get frustrated when we think our team's braintrust is missing the obvious. It's clear that Ted & EG knew about Jeorger, just as it's clear that Ted, EG, & Witt know about the relative inefficiency of long two-point FGAs. They have more information than we could ever hope to gather, they just flatly disagree with the conclusions some of us draw is all.

I don't know if that's comforting or worrisome. I guess I'm leaning towards worrisome -- but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#504 » by FAH1223 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:06 am

:lol:

Ted is so delusional in that email

Let's steal Messina from the Spurs
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Post#505 » by AFM » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:16 am

Teds email actually made me laugh out loud, dude should be a comedian
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#506 » by gtn130 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

mike d'antoni isn't the best coach, but he would be so much fun. Wall would be an MVP candidate every year.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#507 » by FAH1223 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:28 pm

gtn130 wrote:mike d'antoni isn't the best coach, but he would be so much fun. Wall would be an MVP candidate every year.

We need a coach that will bring an offensive system and still maintain the defensive culture the Wizards have built.

You don't do that with D'Antoni.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#508 » by gtn130 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:32 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
gtn130 wrote:mike d'antoni isn't the best coach, but he would be so much fun. Wall would be an MVP candidate every year.

We need a coach that will bring an offensive system and still maintain the defensive culture the Wizards have built.

You don't do that with D'Antoni.

Yeah, my point was that it would be the most fun but not most optimal for winning.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,220

Post#509 » by MikeTheKid » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:41 pm

I think Becky Hammon could coach better than Witt right now
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#510 » by Sluggerface » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:Lol, here's an email exchange I had with Ted back in January 2012 when I sent him the link to this thread. His responses in red.

If a change comes this year, here is your man.....Dave joerger. Happy new year, I can't wait for the wiz to start winning.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1149023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You should coach the team; text in the plays and rotations you want in real time directly to me-- we can then ask studi audience what to do as well; have everyone vote-- that would be perfect--we dont need a coach. Ted

Thanks for the reply, but I wasn't trying to be a smarta**. I thought you like to hear from the die hard fans, and know what they are thinking. I'm not calling for a firing......just saying if you decide to go a different route, Dave J. is your man.
Happy new year.

Thanks-- we know who he is-- Ted

LMFAO Ted is so f'ing naive.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#511 » by LyricalRico » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:39 pm

Thom Loverro calling for John Calipari:

One Brooklyn Nets official was quoted anonymously about Calipari’s burning desire to return to the NBA. “He desperately wants it,” the official said. “He won’t say it out loud. The NBA is the only place he’s every failed and it drives him nuts. He’s not the same guy he was then. He came to the NBA and he wasn’t ready. He’s ready now.”

If that is true, then Wizards owner Ted Leonsis needs to be ready now to convince Calipari that the best place for him to erase his NBA failure and build up another championship legacy is in Washington.

I’ve written several times over the years that Leonsis should make Calipari an offer he can’t refuse to come to Washington to run the whole show — coach and president of basketball operations — and nothing has changed with the Wizards over that time to abandon that quest.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z3VyxOmXtT
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Who should be the next coach of the Washington Wizards? 

Post#512 » by closg00 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:50 pm

What is Calipari's contract status? Was he not offered NBA HC jobs previously and he turned them down?

#FireErnie ~ Because he believed Stephen Curry couldn't help us and Jan Vesely could.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#513 » by dckingsfan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:31 pm

Can we change this to the "Who should be the next GM to hire the coach of the Washington Wizards"?
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#514 » by FAH1223 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:01 am

dckingsfan wrote:Can we change this to the "Who should be the next GM to hire the coach of the Washington Wizards"?

:banghead: :banghead:
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#515 » by BigA » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:36 pm

At this point, are there people who think that Brooks is better than Wittman?
BigA
Analyst

Post#516 » by BigA » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:39 pm

AFM wrote:Teds email actually made me laugh out loud, dude should be a comedian

Ted could be an updated Don Rickles. Call people in the audience "hockey pucks."
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#517 » by truwizfan4evr » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:40 pm

BigA wrote:At this point, are there people who think that Brooks is better than Wittman?

hellno! he held guy's accountable,Brooks soft coaching style annoys me why would they take him serious when he's a walk over?
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
BigA
Analyst

Post#518 » by BigA » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:41 pm

closg00 wrote:What is Calipari's contract status? Was he not offered NBA HC jobs previously and he turned them down?

#FireErnie ~ Because he believed Stephen Curry couldn't help us and Jan Vesely could.

Isn't the conventional wisdom on Calipari that all he can do is recruit? That he just rolls a basketball out to his one and dones?
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#519 » by truwizfan4evr » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:42 pm

flip saunders and brook's might be our worst coach ever. both guy's had that soft coaching style. player's walk over them and don't respect them.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#520 » by FAH1223 » Sun Jan 6, 2019 9:54 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:flip saunders and brook's might be our worst coach ever. both guy's had that soft coaching style. player's walk over them and don't respect them.

Yup. And Brooks has no system. It’s just okay let’s play hard

Return to Washington Wizards