ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Randy Wittman Thread - It's Playoff Randy Time LOL

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Re: Official Randy Wittman Thread - It's Playoff Randy Time LOL 

Post#1081 » by Illmatic12 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:47 am

You say you're not hating on Wall, fine.

Then maybe at this point, it's just a lack of understanding of basketball and how hard a player like Wall's job is.. ie CCJ simply doesn't understand what's going on out there on the court, and I suppose it seems most obvious to blame the guy who has the ball most of the time? That's the only explanation I can come up with

I've also noticed everything always goes back to Wall with CCJ. There are 9 other players on the court, and none of them have a more difficult job than he does. John is not making unilateral decisions out there, when he's playing point guard he has multiple variables that he needs to consider and process in a split second. When Wall is in the game he makes positive plays at an elite rate on both ends, if you're arguing otherwise then maybe a lack of basketball knowledge is the issue
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: Re: Re: Re: 

Post#1082 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 18, 2015 8:48 am

hands11 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Sluggerface wrote:
Lol. That's a load of a hogwash, and infinitely easier to say after Wall comes back and plays with a broken hand while Pierce and Porter had fallen back down to earth from the arc. The offense was literally no different than it was in the first round or even in game one. The simple fact is Porter and Pierce were riding ridiculous highs and the come down was inevitable.

Go ask anyone on the Hawks if they'd rather defend a Sessions led team vs a Wall led team. Such a ridiculous f'ing notion.

Why did the Wizards score over 100 both games without Wall?

How well did the Wizards shoot in games 6 and 7? How many did they score?

Porter and Pierce riding highs is your explanation? The ball sticking the last two games is mine. Matter of fact, Sessions and the bench players gave the Wizards a fourth quarter lead in game 6. The ball was swinging from player to player.

What happened the rest of that game?

Maybe you should look at Nene. His minutes. His role. Not Wall.

Beal and ther did well to step up in Walls absence. But they are not better without Wall healthy. But to much Nene.. That kills them.

Wittman's choices on Nene as well as the lack of wellness for Gortat factored in.

Never implied the health of Wall was not a factor. It certainly was.
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 

Post#1083 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 18, 2015 8:51 am

hands11 wrote:
Sluggerface wrote:
Lol. That's a load of a hogwash, and infinitely easier to say after Wall comes back and plays with a broken hand while Pierce and Porter had fallen back down to earth from the arc. The offense was literally no different than it was in the first round or even in game one. The simple fact is Porter and Pierce were riding ridiculous highs and the come down was inevitable.

Go ask anyone on the Hawks if they'd rather defend a Sessions led team vs a Wall led team. Such a ridiculous f'ing notion.

Why did the Wizards score over 100 both games without Wall?

How well did the Wizards shoot in games 6 and 7? How many did they score?

Porter and Pierce riding highs is your explanation? The ball sticking the last two games is mine. Matter of fact, Sessions and the bench players gave the Wizards a fourth quarter lead in game 6. The ball was swinging from player to player.

What happened the rest of that game?

Maybe you should look at Nene. His minutes. His role. Not Wall.

Beal and ther did well to step up in Walls absence. But they are not better without Wall healthy. But to much Nene.. That kills them.

Wittman's choices on Nene as well as the lack of wellness for Gortat factored in.

Never implied the health of Wall was not a factor. It certainly was.

The worst part in all this is just how close the Wizards were. Pierce hits a three. Horford boards and converts. That could have been a win. Next game, Pierce hits a three just a bit too late.

All of these posts don't happen if they win.
RealGM

Re: Re: Official Randy Wittman Thread - It's Playoff Randy Time LOL 

Post#1084 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 18, 2015 9:03 am

Illmatic12 wrote:You say you're not hating on Wall, fine.

Then maybe at this point, it's just a lack of understanding of basketball and how hard a player like Wall's job is.. ie CCJ simply doesn't understand what's going on out there on the court, and I suppose it seems most obvious to blame the guy who has the ball most of the time? That's the only explanation I can come up with

I've also noticed everything always goes back to Wall with CCJ. There are 9 other players on the court, and none of them have a more difficult job than he does. John is not making unilateral decisions out there, when he's playing point guard he has multiple variables that he needs to consider and process in a split second. When Wall is in the game he makes positive plays at an elite rate on both ends, if you're arguing otherwise then maybe a lack of basketball knowledge is the issue

If you ignore turnovers, three point shots missed early in the clock, and a lack of ball and player movement you're one blissful guy to point out my lack of knowledge. Ball watching is not on Wall, its more an indictment of the coaching at the end of games.

Wall makes elite plays in transition. He does awesome God mode stuff. None of that has to do with how the Hawks beat the Wizards the last two games.

To say I blame Wall is another generalized personal attack. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Edited to add: Wall's shortcomings are easily fixed. You who are worried about me are only strengthening my resolve.
RealGM

Post#1085 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 18, 2015 9:12 am

How Did The Wizards Score 100 Points In The Two Games Without Wall?

I think it was sort of like the Rockets scoring 40 in the quarter without Harden.

All you guys pissed at me don't get that teams are not prepared to deal with unknowns. Atlanta had scouted Wall well.

You tell me I hate Wall and I have a lack of knowledge.

I say none of you geniuses can answer what I put in caps.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#1086 » by queridiculo » Mon May 18, 2015 4:17 pm

How did they score 100 points? Better shooting, simple as that.

What is remarkable however is despite their lackluster shooting, Washington managed to remain competitive in games five and six because of the competitive edge Wall brought to the game.

It's easy to find fault with Wall in both games, but if you want to single a player out, he's the wrong one.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the CC in your nick stood for Colin Cowherd.
RealGM

Post#1087 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 18, 2015 4:39 pm

Wow, that's the deepest cut of all. Cowherd. :(

I think John is a man. A kind, hardworking, hero and an overcomer. He's modest, tough, mature, and a terrific role model. He's a terrific teammate.

Queridiculo, I think you and many others are incapable of objectifying legitimate critical assessment from personal attacks.

Why was the shooting better?

You compared me to a guy who went in on Sean Taylor when he was murdered defending his fiancee in his home. What Colin Cowherd says about the Dougie dance is that he decided then and has never updated his narrative.

You can call me names or attack my character all you want. What's your input and point of view on the topic?

How Did The Wizards Shoot Better? Why? If they shot better and I noticed that same thing and said the offense was better, how do you have a problem with me?

I recognize that DCZ, TGW, illimatic22, and you are all in on me but not a damned one of you answered the question.

Better shooting, more points, how? Rip2137 broke it down way better than I.

Wall is getting better. He's the type who answers his critics with better play. Next season he will hopefully and likely be full speed in the playoffs. He will be effective and even wiser and even better at decision making.

I am not worried about Wall at all.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Re: 

Post#1088 » by nate33 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Wow, that's the deepest cut of all. Cowherd. :(

I think John is a man. A kind, hardworking, hero and an overcomer. He's modest, tough, mature, and a terrific role model. He's a terrific teammate.

Queridiculo, I think you and many others are incapable of objectifying legitimate critical assessment from personal attacks.

You compared me to a guy who went in on Sean Taylor when he was murdered defending his fiancee in his home. What Colin Cowherd says about the Dougie dance is that he decided then and has never updated his narrative.

You can call me names or attack my character all you want. What's your input and point of view on the topic?

How Did The Wizards Shoot Better? Why?

I think the answer is simply that Atlanta got a little complacent and assumed that Washington couldn't win without John Wall. There is are 3 seasons of on/off data that conclusively shot that the team is pretty good with Wall, and real bad without him. I'd trust that 3-season sample size before believing an entirely contradictory conclusion based on a 1-game sample size.
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#1089 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 18, 2015 5:29 pm

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Wow, that's the deepest cut of all. Cowherd. :(

How Did The Wizards Shoot Better? Why?

I think the answer is simply that Atlanta got a little complacent and assumed that Washington couldn't win without John Wall. There is are 3 seasons of on/off data that conclusively shot that the team is pretty good with Wall, and real bad without him. I'd trust that 3-season sample size before believing an entirely contradictory conclusion based on a 1-game sample size.

2 games.

I didn't compare on/off data. Never made any conclusion saying the team was better without Wall.

Find where I did.

What I did was compare the scores of the last four games.

Your answer is Atlanta got complacent. Two games the Wizards scored over 100 had all to do with assumptions and complacency on their part per nate.

Pace, ball rotation, different players moving off the ball, different players shooting threes, the ball not sticking, Atlanta not having schemed for certain exigencies and all things NOT Wall is my answer. John can only do what coaching empowers him to do. He was much better and the injury slowed him.

My only comment was defense was better the last two games, but offense was worse.

A lot of things were causes.
RealGM

Post#1090 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 18, 2015 5:38 pm

How many of you disagreed with me on Millsap, Faried, Cousins, Randolph. JOSH SMITH, ARIZA, and a host of other things?

I never knocked Pierce. He worked out for the best. How many of you were sick of me when I went on and on after the Wizards didn't sign Ariza? Of you how many said Ariza wasn't a good player? How many of you said Ariza had a bad year and he was a guy Wall made better?

What kind of cancer is Josh Smith?

(I don't need to call each of you by name. I would never get personal or attack your character. I don't have to go there. No throwing in stuff you didn't say. I don't need to lie on you. I don't need a gang to go along with me. Just note your tactics vs mine).

It never ceases to amaze me how often I am counter-culture one minute and in a few months or years proven to be not a simple minded guy.
RealGM

Post#1091 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Randy Wittman thread. ...Please play Nene less next season.

Please start Porter.

I hope the Wizards wait to renew any future coaching contract. Randy Wittman doesn't show enough imagination to be a great coach.

Overall, as furious as I get at his decision to keep losing the same way I think he is actually not a bad coach.
popper
Veteran
And1: 361

Post#1092 » by popper » Mon May 18, 2015 7:34 pm

I'm much less interested in the Wiz going forward knowing that Wittman will continue to coach. Our fundamentals are pathetic to watch. A second year player, Otto Porter, is more advanced than anyone else on the team as far as showing/cutting at the right time and reading how the ball will come off the rim for rebounds. Our guards don't seem to know the techniques used to stop dribble penetration. Our offensive scheme is incredibly predictable and unsophisticated. A good coach could get so much more out of the team. Randy's a good guy but we will never compete for a title with him as coach and EG as GM. I wish TL could see that.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#1093 » by hands11 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:22 am

DCZards wrote:

Sessions played a grand total of 9 minutes in the 6th game...and I don't believe he played at all in the fourth quarter when you claim he and the bench players gave the Zards the lead.

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20150515&game=ATLWAS
hands11
Banned User

Re: Re: Official Randy Wittman Thread - It's Playoff Randy Time LOL 

Post#1094 » by hands11 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:28 am

TGW wrote:
DCZards wrote:ccj, I am well aware that you are not going to ignore Wall's shortcomings. You've made that apparent the last 5 years. In fact, we can depend on you to be the first one to point them out.

This x100

So Sessions runs the offense better, huh? :lol:

Demarcus Cousins would have ran the offense better, huh? :lol:

**** I give up with reading that guy's silliness. I don't care how many posts he has here.

Ignore is your friend.

Never said Sessions ran the offense better.

It's not silly to introduce DeMarcus Cousins to this discussion.

You are an insidious type who I just as soon call out. I have been around a long time because I enjoy ideas and am respectful. When I disagree with an idea I don't try and kill the messenger.

Wall is 24 years old. I am very critical of some facets of his game. Regardless, i can foresee John winning multiple championships before his career is over.

You and DCZ can **** with my every syllable and try and hate all you want.

CCJ

You are attempting a mature debate with someone that is not interested in either.

Only interested in posting.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
hands11
Banned User

Re: 

Post#1095 » by hands11 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:52 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:How Did The Wizards Score 100 Points In The Two Games Without Wall?

I think it was sort of like the Rockets scoring 40 in the quarter without Harden.

All you guys pissed at me don't get that teams are not prepared to deal with unknowns. Atlanta had scouted Wall well.

You tell me I hate Wall and I have a lack of knowledge.

I say none of you geniuses can answer what I put in caps.

I'll take a crack at this.

One reason. ATL did not game plan for a non Wall lead team. Beal stepped up big time dishing and Otto was feeling his oats knowing he had to step up. And Nene gave a nice burt as well. The team rallied.

Next game building on that confidence, Beal really went off but that game was uglier then the score. That wasn't Wizards ball. Gortat was totally taken out of the game. ATL adjusted and Randy went to Nene to much.

Had they gone into the next game without Wall in ATL, I don't think they would have stood a chance. With Wall, they did and almost won it. And that was a team trying to get back in sync with WallBall after he missed 3 games. And in the time Wall was out, ATL gained confidence. Mainly, Teague got a lot more aggressive.

As for the 100 pt argument. Wizards score 104 game one on the road with Wall. 90 game two without him before scoring 103 in a win and 101 in a lose.

The next two games were defensive games with both team not scoring much. 82 to 81 and 94 to 91

Also, the one game they almost won, Milsap was sick as a god.

Had Wall never gotten injured, Wizards in 5 or less. Same thing Beal said in his exit interview.

Without Wall. They lost in 6.
hands11
Banned User

Re: 

Post#1096 » by hands11 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:59 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Randy Wittman thread. ...Please play Nene less next season.

Please start Porter.

I hope the Wizards wait to renew any future coaching contract. Randy Wittman doesn't show enough imagination to be a great coach.

Overall, as furious as I get at his decision to keep losing the same way I think he is actually not a bad coach.

Back to back 2nd rounds.

Now if they tweak the roster again and it get better like it did every year now for 5 years and Randy make it back to the 2nd round and maybe even through it, I think he just might have established a good enough name for himself to actually get an extension.

He would have officially become.. Thibs 2.0
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#1097 » by Revived » Wed May 20, 2015 12:20 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/597175671975055360[/tweet]
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#1098 » by Kanyewest » Wed May 20, 2015 6:47 pm

Wall had 12 turnovers in the two games he came back. And he didn't make a single 3 pointer the entire series. He's not the only one to get blame but as the best player some of the blame goes on him. Although I will give him props for playing through an injury.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#1099 » by keynote » Thu May 28, 2015 2:19 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/603717690591547395[/tweet]

Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#1100 » by FAH1223 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:11 am

keynote wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/603717690591547395[/tweet]

Can't be Wittless

:lol:

Return to Washington Wizards