ImageImageImageImageImage

Honorable CCJ "I told all your asses" Thread. Brag your past

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Honorable CCJ "I told all your asses" Thread. Brag your 

Post#21 » by fishercob » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:00 am

montestewart wrote:Don't believe me. Ask Tim Duncan.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... Of_Cousins

Cousins is on a run that April Fools Dray would be proud of.

25 points on 24 shots
38 points on 26 shots
28 points on 20 shots
22 points on 28 shots

all losses.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4720/gamelog
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#22 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:58 am

John Wall has almost singlehandedly blown 4th quarter leads in 3 games in the past 2 weeks.

Today against the Pacers his fourth quarter was brutal. Charging. Throwing the ball away. Driving one-on 3 instead of being a PG.

Other games he has held the ball too long to get a shot off.

Most games, isolation plays called for Wall haven't worked.

Not sure if Stuckey shot the game winner over Wall or Crawford.

Not sure if Jeff Teague was Wall's man the whole game, but he outplayed him.

Not sure if Brandon Knight was Wall's man, but I know Knight's team got the win.

I said John Wall was overrated. Between him and Cousins I am tired of both players. I am also tired of posting and think I'll take a break.
Bye bye Beal.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#23 » by tontoz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:01 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:John Wall has almost singlehandedly blown 4th quarter leads in 4 games in the past 2 weeks.

I said he was overrated.

You definitely have your bases covered with Wall.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
RealGM

Post#24 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:03 am

tontoz, as much as I complained about Nene, that dude has been SOLID. No, GOOD.

What the heck is wrong with John Wall? I am a bit of a hater but he's making even me mad the way he's playing. He's got to be better than this.

I would rather see the guy prove me wrong and truly succeed, but he's playing some of the worst basketball I've seen a PG make in clutch situations.
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#25 » by montestewart » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:25 am

Or maybe it's the ultimate clutch, with victory within their grasp, he insures that they "missed it by that much," looking almost good, a #1 pick away from being good.

Remember CCJ, whatever you think, they do the opposite.
RealGM

Post#26 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:32 am

montestewart wrote:Or maybe it's the ultimate clutch, with victory within their grasp, he insures that they "missed it by that much," looking almost good, a #1 pick away from being good.

Remember CCJ, whatever you think, they do the opposite.

That being the case ...

1. There is no way they'll get Anthony Davis. (Or any impact players who will be all star(s) some day)
2. Nene is going to be a bad leader and he'll miss a ton of games.
3. Wall is never going to develop a consistent jumper.
4. Wall is never going to let the game come to him and at the same time be decisive at the end of close games.
5. Ernie Grunfeld will remain the GM
6. The Wizards will not name Joerger coach.
7. There is NO WAY they make the playoffs within the next year or two.
8. In the next 5 years there's no way they compete for a championship.
9. No way they win a championship within a year of RG3 winning a SuperBowl ring. No way.

That's about it, monte. I just know they won't draft right or ever get it together. :(
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#27 » by montestewart » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:37 am

^
PsychicGM
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#28 » by Jay81 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:31 pm

i was wrong about Dennis Hopson
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#29 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Who was wrong about Phegley and Corzine? Now's the time to fess up. We know who you are. :angry:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#30 » by queridiculo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Ruzious wrote:Who was wrong about Phegley and Corzine? Now's the time to fess up. We know who you are. :angry:

You were also wrong to post the mea culpa in this thread! ;)
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:36 pm

hermitkid wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Who was wrong about Phegley and Corzine? Now's the time to fess up. We know who you are. :angry:

I blame it on Jay's post about Dennis Hopson. He probably got him mixed up with Dennis Hopper - who had no hops. Either way, it's clearly all his fault.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#32 » by Jay81 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:28 pm

oops...sorry guys...i put this in the wrong thread
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,351

Post#33 » by doclinkin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:16 am

Ruzious wrote:
hermitkid wrote:

I blame it on Jay's post about Dennis Hopson. He probably got him mixed up with Dennis Hopper - who had no hops. Either way, it's clearly all his fault.

No man, you should know not to follow ji in anything, dude is never, ever, right. Now go post your apologies in the 'Wrong' thread: "I should never have expected ji knew whotthehell he was doing".
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Ruzious » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:56 am

Sorry, but I refuse to apologize. It's a sign of weakness. If I have offended anyone by my refusal to apologize, then I am deeply sorry. And forgive me for posting this non-apology in the wrong thread. Where's the edit button? Ah, too late - I deleted it!

I'm really sorry that I didn't win Megamillions. Ted, you're on your own.

Sorry guys.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#35 » by doclinkin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:57 am

Since CCJ brought it up and Zonk quoted it, I'm trying to track down some of these shots in the dark that panned out for me. Specifically following this last stretch I was looking for my read on Kevin Seraphin. Still haven't unearthed my earliest, and I wasn't the first (Surfman gets the credit, but her rarely posts here), but I came upon this early read of a board fave:

Re: 09-10 WizFans Official Draft Thread

postby doclinkin on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Trevor Booker is a candidate to be a 'CCJ-special'. Overlooked due to underheight, but somehow manages to simply get it done due to outsized effort and ferocity. Good defense despite the undersized frame. Active, scrappy, tough. If past is preview he'll likely be available late, possibly with a high round 2 pick, since he tends to play a low-post game in college, even though he's shown a bit of range to suggest he'll transition okay to an Artest-lite SF. This is your early candidate for a Craig Smith, Carl Landry, Chuck Hayes-type player -- if not Millsapp/Blair. Productive but non-dominant at the next level. He's not a fatty either which weighs against him on the likely-CCJ-favorite scale...
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#36 » by dobrojim » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 pm

I was onboard early with Kev. The reports that the Spurs wanted him intrigued me.
His youth and combination of bulk and lightness on his feet cemented it for me.
Last year I said that he should become the starter and McGee should play off the
bench. My biggest concern has always been him playing without fouling.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
RealGM

Post#37 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:58 pm

I said Kevin should play PF with McGee at C, but that Kevin should defend the post. I still say that even in the revelation of the team being so much better without McGee and with McGee struggling in Denver, where Koufus is arguably just a better C. McGee as a weakside shot blocker would dominate.

One problem with McGee is tall does not mean the same as big. He cannot bang and he doesn't have the strength to stop physical guys head on. He does not have the lateral movement to defend screen roll where he is the only defender. He doesn't have the intelligence/court awareness to be in the right place instead of going for the block or running out and overcommitting. Javale is a nightmare defensively.

All of that said, I got terribly frustrated seeing the Wizards totally ignore the possibility of playing Seraphin with McGee. Now we see those hook shots that we saw Kevin do only in practice. Now we see he can hit a face up shot. To all who say Seraphin cannot play PF I ask Why Not? He is fast and very nimble with his feet. I knew once Seraphin started scoring referees will not call fouls on him at the same rate. He has also adjusted his game and doesn't foul nearly as much now.

Maybe McGee was locker room poison, but the thing I will always remember about Javale is he was on an island defensively. He played with Blatche or weak Veseley and poor defensive player Chris Singleton. No coach for the Wizards figured out Kevin is a great passer and Javale would get many dunks playing with him.

Even if this is the most unpopular opinion on the board in the face of all evidence McGee gone is a good thing; what dobrojim said is what should have happened: Start Seraphin. I say McGee could have played along side him.

It is great to have Nene playing but he is almost 30 and he makes 13M a season. McGee won't get more than 8-9 M. Watch and see.
Bye bye Beal.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#38 » by Severn Hoos » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Not that CCJ is anything less than honorable, but shouldn't the title of the thread be "Honorary CCJ...."
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#39 » by doclinkin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:20 pm

No. You make me [sic].
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#40 » by closg00 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Nate wanted to keep Lester Hudson. I wonder how many games we would use won this-year had we kept. Hudson, Martin, and James Singleton? The Cavs are using "Lensanity" now.

Return to Washington Wizards