ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XX (6/22/12 - 12/13/12)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Official Trade Thread XX (6/22/12 - present) 

Post#81 » by mohammed10 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 pm

nuposse04 wrote:
He is a ball hog to a degree, but I'd rather have a hyper athletic SF than a 32 year ol f/c whose best basketball is behind him, and more than likely, cannot will a mediocre to average team to anything when not paired with superstar talent like Kobe and most recently, Bynum. Memphis never did anything with a young Pao, what makes you think we would be any better? I'm just saying, between the two, give me the one who has a sliver of hope to improve while still having prime years left. I'm hoping no trades like them occur.

Thank you, nuposse - you beat me to it. I could not have said it better myself.

Not sue why people think that a 32 y/o Pau is somehow going to come to DC and have a renaissance in the twilight years of his career.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#82 » by nuposse04 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:48 pm

So...since Budinger is apparently worth the 18th pick....And assuming Houston does try their one year rental to Orl for howard, you think Orlando would do the 14th+Reddick for Booker+Ariza?

Draft MKG+Ross+Crowder?

Wall/Someone
Ross/JJ/JC
MKG/Singleton/Crowder
Nene/Jan/J. Singleton
Seraphin/Okafor

We could throw in C. Singleton if they wanted another wing asset.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#83 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:52 pm

^ Eh, I don't think ORL would give up assets for Booker since they already have the same guy in Big Baby. Also, Orlando has 19, not 14.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#84 » by nuposse04 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:58 pm

LyricalRico wrote:^ Eh, I don't think ORL would give up assets for Booker since they already have the same guy in Big Baby. Also, Orlando has 19, not 14.

my assumption was under that HOU trades all their picks to them for a one year rental of Howard. You may be right though, with Big baby and earl clark they might decline.
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#85 » by barelyawake » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:13 pm

If we trade Booker or Vesley for a pick, and end up with Ross and MKG, EG suddenly turns into a God.

Wall
Ross
MKG
Nene
Seraphin

With all those expiring contracts to trade, after two years of playoffs (and two years of MLE contracts). If Wall blows up, that team can attract a superstar to demand a trade here. And that is a position we have never been in. This whole "bad trade" thing can become very good, very quickly, if EG makes the right follow-up moves. Or he could kill our future. We shall see.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#86 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:29 pm

What about Okafor to Dallas, while adding a third team that may want Haywood? If the Mavs no longer believe that they can end up with Howard and/or Williams, maybe they would look to patch up their existing squad.

Wizards trade: Okafor
Wizards receive: Odom

Mavs trade: Odom, Haywood, and 17
Mavs receive: Okafor and Matthews

Blazers trade: Matthews
Blazers receive: Haywood and 17

Dallas re-tools to make another run. Portland gets a starting C and a pick. We can waive Odom by 6/29 and shave most of the salary off our books.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#87 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Dallas won't do that. They still feel they have a shot at Howard. They want to keep cap room.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#88 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 pm

^ Well, their plan was based on the expectation that both Howard and Deron Williams would be free agents this summer. Now that Howard has picked up the last year of his contract, they may need to adjust their plan. Are they willing to potentially waste another year of Dirk's career while they wait and see what happens with Howard over the next year?

EDIT TO ADD: Now it looks like Dallas may also be less confident in their abilit to sign Williams. They could be left with no options. Maybe Odom for Okafor will interest them at some point.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#89 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:11 pm

barelyawake wrote:If we trade Booker or Vesley for a pick, and end up with Ross and MKG, EG suddenly turns into a God.

Wall
Ross
MKG
Nene
Seraphin

With all those expiring contracts to trade, after two years of playoffs (and two years of MLE contracts). If Wall blows up, that team can attract a superstar to demand a trade here. And that is a position we have never been in. This whole "bad trade" thing can become very good, very quickly, if EG makes the right follow-up moves. Or he could kill our future. We shall see.

I'm CBA knowledge deficient, but I don't know that we'd have the cap space to get a max cap space player - because of Wall's cap hit. Doesn't he count at something like 3 times his salary when he's a free agent? We'll still have Nene at 13 mil. I don't know - you might be right. It's beside your main point, but I think there are better alternatives than Ross.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#90 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:54 pm

barelyawake wrote:If we trade Booker or Vesley for a pick, and end up with Ross and MKG, EG suddenly turns into a God.

Wall
Ross
MKG
Nene
Seraphin

ba, if the Wizards end up with MKG and Ross, while keeping Wall, Nene, and Seraphin; I will probably cry tears of joy on draft night.
Bye bye Beal.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#91 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:06 am

Booker+Singleton+Crawford+32 for Mbah a Moute+12?

Hurts our future cap room, but gets us another pick to go after a guy like Ross.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#92 » by dangermouse » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:17 am

The #3 and Blatche for Pau?????

Well, Ted did say to expect another move!

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#93 » by nuposse04 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:20 am

That would probably be our best bet to get him, but Bucks need a center so I don't see it happening. Some of the mocks have Rivers going far earlier now meaning Phx couldn't take him at 13. I don't see ross getting by PHX if rivers is off the board. Although rivers has no business being drafted ahead of Ross.

Our only legitimate hope for Ross might be that he just falls :/
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,301

Post#94 » by nate33 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:16 am

Ruzious wrote:

Wall
Ross
MKG
Nene
Seraphin

I'm CBA knowledge deficient, but I don't know that we'd have the cap space to get a max cap space player - because of Wall's cap hit. Doesn't he count at something like 3 times his salary when he's a free agent? We'll still have Nene at 13 mil. I don't know - you might be right. It's beside your main point, but I think there are better alternatives than Ross.

Wall's cap hold will be that of a max salary contract.
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#95 » by 7-Day Dray » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:24 am

Seriously, if we trade for Gasol, I'm **** done w/ this team.
Terpman
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#96 » by Terpman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:44 am

Trade for Gasol... why not? Give em Okafor +32 & a pair of season tickets to the mystics...
We are the Washington BULLETS!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#97 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:56 am

Terpman wrote:Trade for Gasol... why not? Give em Okafor +32 & a pair of season tickets to the mystics...

Well, the problem is the inclusion of the #3. We don't really have enough of a package without it. If LA isn't going to demand a lottery pick, then there are other teams that can do better.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#98 » by dangermouse » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:14 am

Someone needs to e-mail Ted. I believe someone on here actually got a response at one time, so maybe they should have another go.

I just want to get some kind of explanation from Ted/EG as to why a prot. pick ala the Ben Gordon to CHA trade was out of the question for us in the Okafor/Ariza trade. It has to be more than "well, that was a deal breaker for NOH", because in that case then you don;t do the deal at all. We had to sweeten the deal for NOH..... How, what, why..... Justify this ****!

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#99 » by mhd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:16 am

dangermouse wrote:Someone needs to e-mail Ted. I believe someone on here actually got a response at one time, so maybe they should have another go.

I just want to get some kind of explanation from Ted/EG as to why a prot. pick ala the Ben Gordon to CHA trade was out of the question for us in the Okafor/Ariza trade. It has to be more than "well, that was a deal breaker for NOH", because in that case then you don;t do the deal at all. We had to sweeten the deal for NOH..... How, what, why..... Justify this ****!

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

Couldn't do it b/c Lewis' contract was so big. No way it fits into the 125% rule.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#100 » by mhd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:42 am

What the heck (needs to be done in 2 trades because Emeka can't be swapped on his own)

Trade #1:
Wiz trade Emeka for Horford

Trade #2:
Wiz trade #3+Booker for future 2nd

Wiz role with Nene, Horford, and Seraphin as a dominant frontcourt big rotation. Atl does a semi-rebuild while remaining competitive.

Return to Washington Wizards