ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings Suspend Cousins Indefinitely - reinstated 12/25

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

noworriesinmd
Junior
And1: 69

Re: Kings Suspend Cousins Indefinitely - reinstated 12/25 

Post#141 » by noworriesinmd » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:01 pm

"No one can [keep Cousins in line], and John doesn't need to try," a friend of Wall's said over the weekend. "I don't think DeMarcus has any interest in doing anything other than what he wants to do."

This is from the the front page article on Real GM
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/d ... f:nbahpt6a

Maybe we are overstating the fact that Wall and Cousins are "Soul Mates". Technically we don't know how close they are, we are just all assuming this.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#142 » by tontoz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:07 pm

"When he apologized to the team, two players stood up and said, 'We've heard this bull[bleep] before,'" the source said.

I see no reason to try to bring this guy in. He is a complete headcase and isn't even good. Funny how so many people dog Crawford about his poor efficiency but are willing to bring in a big man whose efficiency is even worse.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#143 » by Dark Faze » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Here's the thing though: Cousins is basically in a situation where every player on the team other than himself is basically Jordan Crawford. We're talking about Aaron Brooks, Jimmer, Thornton, Tyreke...there aren't enough balls in the world for that team. That in combination with the wack FO/management they have.

Don't get me wrong, Cousins is wrong for acting out, but nothing he's said is necessarily false either. He's just feeding off the energy that comes from that kind of lineup, which is eff it ima do me.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#144 » by princeofpalace » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Here's the thing though: Cousins is basically in a situation where every player on the team other than himself is basically Jordan Crawford. We're talking about Aaron Brooks, Jimmer, Thornton, Tyreke...there aren't enough balls in the world for that team. That in combination with the wack FO/management they have.

Don't get me wrong, Cousins is wrong for acting out, but nothing he's said is necessarily false either. He's just feeding off the energy that comes from that kind of lineup, which is eff it ima do me.

Cousins is Jordan Crawford at the C spot. He's just a big a chucker as his teammates, if not moreso.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#145 » by montestewart » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Here's the thing though: Cousins is basically in a situation where every player on the team other than himself is basically Jordan Crawford. We're talking about Aaron Brooks, Jimmer, Thornton, Tyreke...there aren't enough balls in the world for that team. That in combination with the wack FO/management they have.

That sounds like a good argument for Cousins to Boston or Dallas, not for Cousins to Washington. Wait'll he feeds off the energy of this team and front office.
Dark Faze
Head Coach

Post#146 » by Dark Faze » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:37 pm

You aren't wrong at all, but it would help to have even 1 pass first PG on the roster to give him easy baskets and it's not happening.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#147 » by montestewart » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Dark Faze wrote:You aren't wrong at all, but it would help to have even 1 pass first PG on the roster to give him easy baskets and it's not happening.

I think a number of people here, myself included, are open to acquiring Cousins because of his potential and the possibility that he could mature his personality and game in another environment. We're just a little worried about betting the farm on it.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#148 » by DCZards » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:55 pm

So it's not Cousins fault that he's a headcase. It's the fault of his lousy teammates and the Sac management. Give me a break!
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#149 » by tontoz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:55 pm

Dark Faze wrote:You aren't wrong at all, but it would help to have even 1 pass first PG on the roster to give him easy baskets and it's not happening.

He gets plenty of touches he just wastes them. A pass first pg isn't going to prevent him from wasting possessions.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#150 » by DCZards » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:59 pm

princeofpalace wrote:Cousins is Jordan Crawford at the C spot. He's just a big a chucker as his teammates, if not moreso.

The biggest difference is that Crawford's teammates and coaches actually seem to like him....not so with Cousins.
Dark Faze
Head Coach

Post#151 » by Dark Faze » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:09 pm

It's not like there aren't other bad personalities on that team though. T-Rob seems like Cousins lite, Brooks had huge rifts going on in the rockets locker room, Evans is kind of nuts..

You're more than likely right, but the main cogs in that team have various levels of bad attitude in combination with selfish play.
dandrews
Junior
And1: 4

Post#152 » by dandrews » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Lost in all of this is that regardless of your feelings towards DMC, does anybody here count on Ernie to make a trade that makes the Wizards better?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#153 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm

montestewart wrote:
WizarDynasty wrote:do what is required to connect the bball soul mates.

Trade Wall to Sacramento?

I suggested this a while back.

Instead of ignoring persistent knee issues, a non-existent jumper, contracts coming up to be resigned and a lot of what ifs; trade Wall for a bunch of stuff to the Kings.

Nobody wants to hear that but IMO it makes more sense than giving up value for Cousins right now. Cousins and Wall are great together but what needs to happen is Wall needs to be playing and healthy before a deal is made. Also, the Wizards will have a great team with Wall and Cousins IF they can also manage to keep Nene (and preferably Seraphin, too). Keep those players and yes, make the deal. But there is no way they keep those players.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#154 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:31 pm

montestewart wrote:
Induveca wrote:In some ways, we could possibly right previous wrongs by trading Crawford and Seraphin for Cousins.

Reminds me of another WAS/SAC trade. Webber for Richmond/Thorpe.

Has the college teammate dynamic with Wall/Cousins, Webber/Howard.....and the "troubled big man" angle.

Let it be so.....Crawford actually has some value right now, and Seraphin has shown flashes of potential. Sell high!

I'd love this angle. If EG's still here when it's done, throw in the inevitably high 2nd rounder, since he'd just blow it all on hats anyway. Problem is, if he's still here, I don't trust him to not give away too much in return for Cousins, especially with much more talented teams (teams that can afford to overpay for a "final" piece) bidding his price up.

Cousins has great potential, but other than his rebounding (especially last year), he's looked quite average during his career. If he comes here and joins his "soulmate" Wall (as if teams have some obligation to reunite them!) they will have a short window to demonstrate that they have the superstar-ness to justify the large contract renewals they and their agents will want. If Cousins does 17/10 and Wall does 16/8, they will both ask for max or near max, and those are the numbers they have already shown to be not too much above average. Cousins could be a more offensive minded Okafor, someone that does just enough to get a huge contract, and not enough to do much else.

Maybe Cousins and Wal together actually will be above average, and maybe Vesely and Beal will find their games playing with the two. Still, I don't trust EG and Leonsis to negotiate the deal for Cousins, and I don't trust them to negotiate the contract renewals. At this point, I don't trust them to make any truly positive moves for the team (from a long term on court success perspective). I'll believe otherwise when I see it, and positives like signing Webster and Temple seem as much by accident as from wise maneuvering.

I agree, monte.

I feel a better course of action is to clear the deck and get a bunch of draft picks. Pray that Ted fires Ernie. Move forward not having large contract negotiations looming. As for Wall, if he's healthy or especially if he's improved, then I am very flexible in my thinking with him. I currently believe the Wizards need to move him. However, if he's back, shows some steadiness and range, and the prognosis on his leg is good; then proceed with him.

Do not bid on Cousins during a bidding war, with Wall considered the future of the franchise, until we have a better idea on Wall's future.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#155 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:35 pm

dandrews wrote:Lost in all of this is that regardless of your feelings towards DMC, does anybody here count on Ernie to make a trade that makes the Wizards better?

Heck no.
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#156 » by TGW » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:13 pm

Stay away from this moron. Cousins will be nothing but a serious cancer to any team that trades for him. He is a disrespectful, cocky, one-dimensional psycho with a peabrain and an inflated sense of self. I don't want him nowhere near DC in any way, shape, or form. I wouldn't even give up Vesely for that fool.

Stay aware from Cousins. He is the basketball equivalent of herpes.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#157 » by montestewart » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:28 pm

TGW wrote:Stay aware from Cousins. He is the basketball equivalent of herpes.

Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#158 » by Nivek » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:42 pm

Said it before, and I'll say it again. I think that Cousins is probably fool's gold. A dry well. Pick your cliched metaphor. But, he has the potential to be terrific. None of the team's young bigs have that kind of potential. None of their guards have that kind of potential except possibly Wall and Beal. The Wizards have NOTHING. If they can even the possibility of something in exchange for some of that nothing -- do it.

Reality, though, is that the team still needs to be rebuilt. They still don't have an A-level producer on the roster. Beal and Wall MIGHT get there someday, but there's no guarantee. There's nothing to be gained from clinging to the detritus that currently populates the roster. Trade it, package it, market it -- whatever -- but take chances on guys who have some ability.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#159 » by TGW » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:48 pm

I absolutely agree, Nivek, but aren't there other players with talent in the league we could target instead? I feel as though anything remotely resembling an asset given up for DMC would be an asset wasted, and not only that, he affects the other players as well. You bring in DMC, and he immediately becomes the focal point, because quite frankly he can't have it any other way.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#160 » by Nivek » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm sure there are, and I'd be happier trading for one of them if they were available. Productive players who are solid guys generally aren't available at a discount, though. Wizards need to take some chances on guys at a discount, because that's all they can afford -- they don't have the resources to pay full price.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.

Return to Washington Wizards