ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXII (2/6/13 - 4/1/13)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

popper
Veteran
And1: 361

Re: Official Trade Thread XXII (2/6/13 - present) 

Post#41 » by popper » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:36 pm

payitforward wrote:Ernie isn't going to trade the guy he picked 6th in 2011 for a mid-first round pick. That would be to admit he'd made a mistake. Not going to happen. Waste of time to even think about it.

I agree and that is why TL needs to either fire EG or overrule him on trading Vesely. Probably won't happen but it should.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#42 » by Dark Faze » Fri Feb 8, 2013 4:05 pm

I still hope we come up in trade rumors with the Lakers.

I feel like its an ideal situation for both teams. Okafor + Ariza + Unprotected 2013 1st for Dwight.

I can't imagine another team coming with a better offer than that. And it really looks like Dwight is going to leave...
MDStar
Senior
And1: 94

Post#43 » by MDStar » Fri Feb 8, 2013 4:24 pm

I'd pass on that deal.

I work at a High School and the kids are notorious for saying a person is "Doing too much".

That's exactly how i feel about Dwight. He just does too freaking much.

His production is way down, he's been injury for the most of the past two seasons and he's a free agent filled with drama.

As my Fiance' says all the time, taking the phrase from the kids and adding an adult twist, "He does the most and least at the same dayum time"
Just let the young boys play! It's truly the only hope at this point.
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#44 » by Deivy202 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 6:03 pm

I agree with you Dark Faze. Howard is legit but when Kobe shoots more than any one it will be hard to do and takes time.
Deivy202
Senior

Post#45 » by Deivy202 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 6:05 pm

MDStar wrote:I'd pass on that deal.

I work at a High School and the kids are notorious for saying a person is "Doing too much".

That's exactly how i feel about Dwight. He just does too freaking much.

His production is way down, he's been injury for the most of the past two seasons and he's a free agent filled with drama.

As my Fiance' says all the time, taking the phrase from the kids and adding an adult twist, "He does the most and least at the same dayum time"

His productions down but he is top 5 in rebounding avgs 11 a game and 16 points ppg . He is an easy upgrade over any one we have he has a down year from some injury and horrible scheme from the lakers but he easily be our superstar here.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#46 » by Dark Faze » Fri Feb 8, 2013 8:58 pm

Here's two things people and Lakers fans don't realize about Dwight.

He hasn't recovered fully from the back surgery. Seriously, he was quoted like a month ago saying he still gets tingling in his legs and feet. He shouldn't even really be out there. He's not conditioned right now either and lost strength in his legs because of the time he missed. As a result his defense has really fallen:

Dwight wrote:"The biggest thing about playing defense is that it's not just heart, but just being in shape. You've really got to be in shape to get down in a defensive stance, slide with a man, especially these guards. And then when they turn the corner, try to meet them at the rim. You have to be in great shape. And for the most part of my career, I've been in tip top shape where I could play 40 minutes nonstop without getting tired. And now I'm just not there."

So basically dude can't feel his feet sometimes when he's playing ball, isn't conditioned, has a torn shoulder, and he's averaging 16 , 12 and 3 despite all this but he's a bum right?

Lakers are looking like a horrible organization right now for even playing him. They are doing it out of desperation--Jim Buss doesn't want to look wrong for the Mike D hire, Mike D doesn't want to get fired, Kobe knows that this was a win now project, etc.

Bring Dwight here, let him sit out the rest of the season and get right, then instantly become a top 3 team in the East next year if he can return to his old form.
AntwanBoldin
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#47 » by AntwanBoldin » Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:25 pm

Would the wizards look to dump nene for an expiring and change or are they looking to pile up as many wins ASAP to get a better feeling going now that wall is back
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#48 » by DMVleGeND » Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:26 pm

AntwanBoldin wrote:Would the wizards look to dump nene for an expiring and change or are they looking to pile up as many wins ASAP to get a better feeling going now that wall is back

Me personally, I'd definitely give up Nene for an expiring.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
AntwanBoldin
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#49 » by AntwanBoldin » Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:33 pm

DMVleGeND wrote:
AntwanBoldin wrote:Would the wizards look to dump nene for an expiring and change or are they looking to pile up as many wins ASAP to get a better feeling going now that wall is back

Me personally, I'd definitely give up Nene for an expiring.

I could see them looking to get in the left side of the column in the 2nd half. Just to at least change their rep , plus this draft has no sure things at the top

As a nets fan Id love something like Diop(exp) to wsh, nene to Brooklyn, humphries(2 years) to Charlotte
Deivy202
Senior

Post#50 » by Deivy202 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:49 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Here's two things people and Lakers fans don't realize about Dwight.

He hasn't recovered fully from the back surgery. Seriously, he was quoted like a month ago saying he still gets tingling in his legs and feet. He shouldn't even really be out there. He's not conditioned right now either and lost strength in his legs because of the time he missed. As a result his defense has really fallen:

Dwight wrote:"The biggest thing about playing defense is that it's not just heart, but just being in shape. You've really got to be in shape to get down in a defensive stance, slide with a man, especially these guards. And then when they turn the corner, try to meet them at the rim. You have to be in great shape. And for the most part of my career, I've been in tip top shape where I could play 40 minutes nonstop without getting tired. And now I'm just not there."

So basically dude can't feel his feet sometimes when he's playing ball, isn't conditioned, has a torn shoulder, and he's averaging 16 , 12 and 3 despite all this but he's a bum right?

Lakers are looking like a horrible organization right now for even playing him. They are doing it out of desperation--Jim Buss doesn't want to look wrong for the Mike D hire, Mike D doesn't want to get fired, Kobe knows that this was a win now project, etc.

Bring Dwight here, let him sit out the rest of the season and get right, then instantly become a top 3 team in the East next year if he can return to his old form.

AGREED,

people we have a chance to get him than do it you guys do know Dwill is a top 3 C only 27 years old and would take our team to another level. He isn't healthy but he will eventually be healthy so take the chance.

question what players do you guys see us trading for with all this suppose cap will get when nene and okefor r gone?. either way they be expensive . What next ? O yea no to Carmelo Anthony he would be 30 soon and drafting muhummad is cheaper and pro be as good.

:evil:
Deivy202
Senior

Post#51 » by Deivy202 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 10:44 pm

Josh SMih and Humprie on block we really need to take a look at them.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#52 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 9, 2013 2:43 am

How about Jordan Crawford for Marshon Brooks?
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#53 » by Wizardspride » Sat Feb 9, 2013 5:13 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:How about Jordan Crawford for Marshon Brooks?

What's your rationale for suggesting this deal?
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#54 » by jivelikenice » Sat Feb 9, 2013 6:28 am

^one more year under a rookie contract?
Deivy202
Senior

Post#55 » by Deivy202 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 6:40 am

Wow rudy gay avg 24 ppg and 3.3 steals and hit game winner. You guys still happy we didnt get him and want SHABAZZ.

If we can get howard or smith do it no more scrub players.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#56 » by Nivek » Sat Feb 9, 2013 2:48 pm

Deivy202 wrote:Wow rudy gay avg 24 ppg and 3.3 steals and hit game winner. You guys still happy we didnt get him and want SHABAZZ.

Gay's ppg is high in Toronto because he's shooting a lot. His efficiency has been bad up there
. I remain happy he's not a Wizard.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#57 » by nate33 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 3:10 pm

Deivy202 wrote:Wow rudy gay avg 24 ppg and 3.3 steals and hit game winner. You guys still happy we didnt get him and want SHABAZZ.

Averaging 24 points per game with a TS% of .494 and an ORtg of 100 is nothing to be proud of.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#58 » by jivelikenice » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:10 pm

Trading Crawford and Booker is the way to go. Crawford is clearly in the doghouse for what could be a multitude of reasons (something behind the scenes, shot selection, defense??). Regardless he doesn't seem to be part of the plans, especially with Beal back. I do like the idea of getting a two guard back either through a deal or a dleague pickup because we need someone who could come in on a day where everyone is ice cold when we're in need of a spark. Booker is definitely expendable. Everyone playing front court minutes off the bench is versatile and can space the floor, neither of which Book could do. Dealing them also doesn't hurt the current chemistry....
SizzlinSimms
Junior
And1: 55

Post#59 » by SizzlinSimms » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:12 pm

Wouldn't mind the Wiz making a small trade for someone like JJ Reddick.
Deivy202
Senior

Post#60 » by Deivy202 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:48 pm

LOL YOU guys are delusional you guys said umm yes 18 ppg bexause hes shooting alot and now that hes avg 24 a game and is 3-1 with the raptors its ummm no hes shooting to much no crap sherlocks hes THERE GO TO GUY TO SCORE LIKE MELO AND LIKE LEBRON AND LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE.

N BTW HIS price wasnt even big to trade dor contract yes but we regardless are opening cap for players to trade dor but the good players but regardless they'll be expensive.

Yes to jj if his price is good.

Return to Washington Wizards