ImageImageImageImageImage

If you took over as GM today, what would you do?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Re: If you took over as GM today, what would you do? 

Post#281 » by deneem4 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 pm

In my dream of a dynasty

1....Ariza booker, seraphin to bulls...for rich and taj....y? Rich useless ariza great deng backup, tom thibs like a booker type player, rose and noah ah make seraphin into nba player
2.....Nene to nets for humpries/watson.....y? Gets nene off our books
3....Okafor/3rd to bucks for ersan 15th pick/2nd rd....y? Give wall an established stretch 4 and a top 15 pick
4.....2nd rds to mavs for marion, 13th pick...add otto porter dad(marion)and another pick

Wall/watson
Beal/(shabazz)mavs
Webster/marion/ves
Ersan/gibson/singleton
Humpries/dieng or olynyk (bucks)

Make it to conference finals???

Let everyone unwanted expire
Sign cousins
Sign some vets

Wall/watson
Beal/shabazz
Ersan/webster/vet
Gibson/2014 pick/vet
Cousins/dieng or olynyk

Win a championship
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#282 » by nate33 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:47 pm

That Dallas trade is impossible. We don't have the cap room to absorb Marion. And they wouldn't make the trade without getting a future 1st in return.

Your Milwaukee trade doesn't make sense either. I know there were rumors about involving Okafor, but it was illogical from the perspective of both teams. Just make it #3 plus Ernie's Kids for Ilyasova. At least that way, we keep at least one functional center for next year rather than trying to make do with Humphries and a rookie Dieng.

I don't understand the desire to add both Ilyasova and Gibson. They play the same position and each earns about $8M. You compound the problem further by adding Marion (but as I pointed out, that's impossible so we don't have to discuss that part further).

I'd have to run the numbers, but I don't think we'd have the cap room to sign Cousins to a max contract if we have Ilyasova, Gibson, Webster and Wall on the books (plus all the draft picks). At any rate, I think counting on adding Cousins in free agency is a pretty tenuous plan.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#283 » by deneem4 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Illy at 3 with taj and cousins would be the most versatile frontcourt...they play the same posititon but are exact opposites and together make up fir each other short comings perfectly

Yea I kno that mavs trade highly unlikely
But gettin nene off the books should b 1 priority. ..
Humpries can play center, u can't blame him for this yr, b4 that he was putting up good $s

Cousins would be easy ti grab in free agency, he'll get some ok offers but with oka nene and ariza singleton off the books we can afford him even with wall max and ersan price..
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#284 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:54 pm

This is what I'm thinking I would do if I took over - other than firing everyone in the front office and replacing most with posters from RealGM:

Trade down about 4 spots - picking up a future protected 1st - and pick Zeller.

Trade next year's 1st (top 10 protected) and our high 2nd rounder to either OKC (12) or Dallas (13) and pick McCollum (I think he does slide there - notice he's talking about fitting in at Utah who picks 14th).

Use the late 2nd on Ryan Kelly and lock him in a gym all summer with a top personal trainer.

Use the MLE to re-sign Webster (3 years) and Price (1 year)

Keep cap room available for next summer. Don't commit to keeping any of Ernie's kids unless I'm convinced the light has gone on for them - which I don't plan on happening. That leaves EG's kids plus:

1 Wall, Price, Temple
2 Beal, McCollum
3 Webster, Ariza
4 Nene, Zeller, Kelly (ok, put Kelly in the D League and keep Booker active when healthy)
5 Okafor, Nene

And the next offseason, I have my RealGM staff make me look good finding the best use of all that cap money - with Okafor, Ariza, and the kids coming off the books. I take the credit and the salary.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#285 » by nate33 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Ruzious wrote:This is what I'm thinking I would do if I took over - other than firing everyone in the front office and replacing most with posters from RealGM:

Trade next year's 1st (top 10 protected) and our high 2nd rounder to either OKC (12) or Dallas (13) and pick McCollum (I think he does slide there - notice he's talking about fitting in at Utah who picks 14th).

Use the late 2nd on Ryan Kelly and lock him in a gym all summer with a top personal trainer.

Keep cap room available for next summer. Don't commit to keeping any of Ernie's kids unless I'm convinced the light has gone on for them - which I don't plan on happening. That leaves EG's kids plus:

1 Wall, Price, Temple
2 Beal, McCollum
3 Webster, Ariza
4 Nene, Zeller, Kelly (ok, put Kelly in the D League and keep Booker active when healthy)
5 Okafor, Nene

And the next offseason, I have my RealGM staff make me look good finding the best use of all that cap money - with Okafor, Ariza, and the kids coming off the books. I take the credit and the salary.

That's a pretty good plan, Ruzious.

The only real long term issue is that we lack a young center, but I suppose you can't fix everything in one summer. I'm not sure I'd use that #12/13 pick on McCollum. I might use it on Adams instead. Maybe we could follow up by trading Seraphin for a respectable veteran combo guard.
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#286 » by Upper Decker » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:58 pm

nate33 wrote:If we assume that Webster is roughly as good as Green, we're going to have to pay a little more since we're not contenders and won't get the contender's discount. If we pay a $.50M premium because we are not contenders, plus another $.25M because of our higher tax rate, that puts Webster's price tag in the $4.5M a year range. That's pretty close to the full MLE. It's close enough that I won't be upset if we end up paying him the entire MLE.

Calling all income tax savants!

When a player, such as Danny Green, lives in a income tax free state, isn't he still taxed on the $$'s he makes when playing outside of Texas. Such as when Danny Green plays on the road in Miami, he's earning a check for that game, he's technically an employee providing labor for the Spurs, and I'm sure his wages earned out of state exceed some immaterial threshold for not filing. (Miami may be a bad example because they're also a tax free state, but you get my point).

As such, don't professional athletes pay state taxes in pretty much every state they play games in because their salary is so high? If that's the case and a professional athlete earns roughly 60% of their salary in state, and 40% of their salary on the road the difference in savings isn't that great. Although I could be wrong so someone smarter than me set me straight, please!
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#287 » by verbal8 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:46 pm

It depends. Basically the income taxing states have some mechanism for taxing the income of visiting athletes.

Probably more than you wanted to know on the subject:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenha ... -tax-code/

Upper Decker wrote:
nate33 wrote:If we assume that Webster is roughly as good as Green, we're going to have to pay a little more since we're not contenders and won't get the contender's discount. If we pay a $.50M premium because we are not contenders, plus another $.25M because of our higher tax rate, that puts Webster's price tag in the $4.5M a year range. That's pretty close to the full MLE. It's close enough that I won't be upset if we end up paying him the entire MLE.

When a player, such as Danny Green, lives in a income tax free state, isn't he still taxed on the $$'s he makes when playing outside of Texas. Such as when Danny Green plays on the road in Miami, he's earning a check for that game, he's technically an employee providing labor for the Spurs, and I'm sure his wages earned out of state exceed some immaterial threshold for not filing. (Miami may be a bad example because they're also a tax free state, but you get my point).

As such, don't professional athletes pay state taxes in pretty much every state they play games in because their salary is so high? If that's the case and a professional athlete earns roughly 60% of their salary in state, and 40% of their salary on the road the difference in savings isn't that great. Although I could be wrong so someone smarter than me set me straight, please!
rockymac52
Sixth Man
And1: 73

Post#288 » by rockymac52 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:53 am

verbal8 wrote:It depends. Basically the income taxing states have some mechanism for taxing the income of visiting athletes.

Upper Decker wrote:

It's worth noting that Washington DC is one of a very select few NBA cities that does NOT tax visiting athletes. Not entirely sure why, maybe related to all of the politicians from other states that have to come to DC for work so often, maybe a completely different reason, who knows?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#289 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:04 pm

nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:This is what I'm thinking I would do if I took over - other than firing everyone in the front office and replacing most with posters from RealGM:

1 Wall, Price, Temple
2 Beal, McCollum
3 Webster, Ariza
5 Okafor, Nene

That's a pretty good plan, Ruzious.

The only real long term issue is that we lack a young center, but I suppose you can't fix everything in one summer. I'm not sure I'd use that #12/13 pick on McCollum. I might use it on Adams instead. Maybe we could follow up by trading Seraphin for a respectable veteran combo guard.

Thanks. I'd have no problem with going for a center there - and it's a good backup plan if McCollum isn't there. I prefer McCollum, because he's a good value there that fills 2 needs - a big-time efficient scorer off the bench and a 3rd guard - assuming he can develop PG skills. I don't know where he's going to go in the draft - anywhere from 5 (NBAdraft.net just pushed him up there) to 14.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#290 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:13 pm

rockymac52 wrote:
verbal8 wrote:It depends. Basically the income taxing states have some mechanism for taxing the income of visiting athletes.

Upper Decker wrote:Calling all income tax savants!

It's worth noting that Washington DC is one of a very select few NBA cities that does NOT tax visiting athletes. Not entirely sure why, maybe related to all of the politicians from other states that have to come to DC for work so often, maybe a completely different reason, who knows?

They would if they could. :wink: The reason they don't is - DC is not permitted to tax non-residents. That's why DC doesn't even have a non-resident tax form for individuals. For fellow tax geeks - DC effectively does tax non-residents who own partnership and S Corp interests that do business in DC. There was a court case (Bender) several years ago trying to fight that, but it ultimately failed.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#291 » by verbal8 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:43 pm

I would pick and keep Noel or Porter at the 3rd spot. I don't see an irresistable offer for Porter happening. However Noel for another high pick and a 2014 1st would be a pretty tempting offer.

With Porter and Noel gone, I would draft and look for offers for Oladipo. My minimum offer would be the 5th and 30th pick from Charlotte. The hope is that Bennett would be there. Might take McLemore and trade down to Minny's pick if Bennet goes 4(need to get their 2nd 1st - Dwill/Vesely doesn't make/break the deal for me).

I would try to land a mid-1st round pick. If the pick/prospect was good enough, would consider including the 2014 1st with top 3 protection to make it happen.

I think the 37th won't be early enough to get Erik Green or Muscala, so I would like to move up to get one of them. However Wolters is not a bad option either. Iverson/Erik Murphy would be ok if he was gone. If somehow none of those were available, I would strongly consider trading for future 2nds. The guys I see dropping if Iverson and Erik Murphy go early - Rice, Leslie, Snell don't seem worth the question marks. I might go with Pierre Jackson or Carmichael it they slip.

I would basically list all the free agents in their early to mid 20s expected to get less than the full MLE and offer them a 1/2 MLE deal at 4 years. For the top young guys with clean health histories, I would structure the offer with the 4th year as a team option.
This offer is very competitive with a tax-payer MLE 4 year offer. Because the if the player outplays their deal, they can decline the option and make up the $1.5 million shortfall, because the Wizards have bird rights.

For Webster the best initial offer might be a 3 year deal with the 3rd as a player option. He would be giving a home-town discount on the salary, but the player option means he can make it up with 2 more years of solid play. I would be a win-win situation, because he would opt out but have a low cap hold but the team can give a deal of any size with Bird Rights.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#292 » by BruceO » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Did a long post that I accidentally deleted so this one will feature less explanations
1: trade 3rd and seraphin for Dmac
2 : trade ariza. Booker and next year's 1st for ilyasova and 15th pick
3 : draft Muhammed with the 15th pick
4 : draft wolters with 1st second rounder and if he's gone may try utilise next year's second round pick to trade up for him. If gone draft southerland
5: draft southerland with second pick or move up for him. In some mocks both wolters and southerland with are available in our slots
6: sign Ryan Kelly with un drafted free agency or if somehow navigated into wolters and southerland earlier perhaps with milwaukee second rounder included into trade who are in southerland range I can use last pick for Kelly.
7: utilize Crawford's trade exception to assist those movements
8: mle or less on webster

Wall. Wolters. Price
Beal. Shabazz
Webster. Southerland. Singleton
Big rotation of Nene. Ilyasova. Kelly. Vesely, cousins. Okafor

We will need a play making small forward soon. Big guy who's a starter. Porter fit that bill but I like cousins better. We also given away two starter caliber small forwards but really improved our big man rebounding, spacing and depth.
Team spacing improves with very good shooters Beal, Webster. Southerland, Ryan Kelly and ilyasova. We have bangers among our bigs and good rebounder cousins and ilyasova.

Editing to add that worst case scenario is in the draft wolters is missed out on but everyone else mentioned is available on those slots. With wolters gone southerland would be a possible reach with 1st draft slot but would be perfect with milwaukee second. And would be a cross our fingers he falls with or second. Kelly would be a possible reach with our second/ perfect fit. My hope is here falls to un drafted but doubt it.
We have too many rookies but don't think they will need a little of maintainance because wolters already knows the game and get can be second string or third if not ready. He's our kirk cousins. Southerland. And Kelly will be spot players for spacing and depth and can already shoot so can do what is required of their roles of won't need developing. Shabazz is a deprh/ upside pick a nd can be part of the youth core with Dmac, Beal and wall.
Next year we miss out on the Wiggins sweepstakes but don't think we'll be in his range. No rookies next season though but we got three corner stones
verbal8
General Manager

Post#293 » by verbal8 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Looks like a pretty good plan. I would worry about defense with Cousins/Ilyasova as the bigs. However Nene and Okafor should help in that regard.

I don't think next year's 1st gets back the 15th AND Ilyasova. I don't think Shabazz is that important to this plan, I think a young decent back-up SG could be acquired with part of the MLE and Webster retained with the rest.

BruceO wrote:Did a long post that I accidentally deleted so this one will feature less explanations
1: trade 3rd and seraphin for Dmac
2 : trade ariza. Booker and next year's 1st for ilyasova and 15th pick
3 : draft Muhammed with the 15th pick
4 : draft wolters with 1st second rounder and if he's gone may try utilise next year's second round pick to trade up for him. If gone draft southerland
5: draft southerland with second pick or move up for him. In some mocks both wolters and southerland with are available in our slots
6: sign Ryan Kelly with un drafted free agency or if somehow navigated into wolters and southerland earlier perhaps with milwaukee second rounder included into trade who are in southerland range I can use last pick for Kelly.
7: utilize Crawford's trade exception to assist those movements
8: mle or less on webster

Wall. Wolters. Price
Beal. Shabazz
Webster. Southerland. Singleton
Big rotation of Nene. Ilyasova. Kelly. Vesely, cousins. Okafor

We will need a play making small forward soon. Big guy who's a starter. Porter fit that bill but I like cousins better. We also given away two starter caliber small forwards but really improved our big man rebounding, spacing and depth.
Team spacing improves with very good shooters Beal, Webster. Southerland, Ryan Kelly and ilyasova. We have bangers among our bigs and good rebounder cousins and ilyasova.

Editing to add that worst case scenario is in the draft wolters is missed out on but everyone else mentioned is available on those slots. With wolters gone southerland would be a possible reach with 1st draft slot but would be perfect with milwaukee second. And would be a cross our fingers he falls with or second. Kelly would be a possible reach with our second/ perfect fit. My hope is here falls to un drafted but doubt it.
We have too many rookies but don't think they will need a little of maintainance because wolters already knows the game and get can be second string or third if not ready. He's our kirk cousins. Southerland. And Kelly will be spot players for spacing and depth and can already shoot so can do what is required of their roles of won't need developing. Shabazz is a deprh/ upside pick a nd can be part of the youth core with Dmac, Beal and wall.
Next year we miss out on the Wiggins sweepstakes but don't think we'll be in his range. No rookies next season though but we got three corner stones
BruceO
Sixth Man

Post#294 » by BruceO » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:43 pm

I had thought perhaps Trevor ariza and filler. It's fine if we keep our next year's pick and they keep theirs for this year.

I like bazz and he's projected still 15th slot on all draft sites that are major. I can see how we might need a back up like him while milwaukee might not but I admit its asking a lot. If the trade involves the 3rd as rumoured. Then they will have to include that pick and that's who I would get. Defense might be questionable with ilyasova and cousins in admit but we'd still have nene and Okafor and the only big we'd have lost from the number 8 defense would be seraphin.

Alternatively staying the course and drafting porter helps our wing position a lot. Someone also mentioned an interesting idea of porters cause of his play making ability also spelling tine at the two position. It's interesting Jared jeffries did it at times. Play him and ariza together and force a match up of a small guard on one of them or force a substitution. Defensively ariza would check the more potent player whether it's the 3 or the 2.

There's trade possibilities mid season with emeka and ariza.. I feel good about resigning. Emeka but not ariza. I think he'll be gone. There's also the new cba that will provide opportunities because for the most part by mid season most of our contracts sans nene will be attractive. As teams try lower their salaries things will open up. This off season also provides an opportunity to offload people's talents just like LeBron free agency time because people are clearing room. To try sign Chris Paul and Dwight. These races often force teams to desperately offload some players to create space.

I dislike LeBron cause of our rivalry but realistically we have space for him in 2014 and we'll have players who alongside him can be better than the Miami team. Better built at least. It's not likely to happen but it will be a thought especially if we have cousins. Wall and Beal who if they work out and impressive both during the seasons and team USA tryouts will attract attention

. Honestly I'd wish durant would show hometown loyalty and cone here instead. He may be held back from winning by playing in the tougher west coast and outside of him just like Miami we are better than the rest of his team talent wise. I think it's talent cannot possibly reach another level and this is it for okc especially after ditching harden. Unless the pick is someone like Adams who reaches a good deal of their potential and no other team like Houston emerges.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#295 » by nate33 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:57 pm

BruceO wrote:I had thought perhaps Trevor ariza and filler. It's fine if we keep our next year's pick and they keep theirs for this year.

Be realistic. Milwaukee isn't going to trade Ilyasova for Ariza and filler. Ariza's contract is expiring so he has minimal trade value other than if a team wants to dump a salary. Verbal is right. Make it Ariza + Singleton + 2014 pick for Ilyasova. Forget about getting Milwaukee's #15 back.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#296 » by nate33 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:09 pm

If we should happen to trade the #3 pick + Seraphin for Cousins, I think the next order of business would be to trade Okafor for something useful at a position of need. Either that, or just give him to Portland. Ted isn't going to be interested in paying Okafor $14M to play sparingly behind Cousins.

It's tough to find a good Okafor trade though. Ideally, we trade him straight up for Ryan Anderson but I don't see the motivation for New Orleans (not to mention that it's not permitted until one full year after the Lewis trade).

If we just gave him to Portland along with our #54 pick in exchange for Portland's #39 pick, we could at least be in position to grab two potential role players in the top of the 2nd round. Pierre Jackson + Ryan Kelly would be nice. (Incidentally, nbadraft.net has us taking Jackson and Kelly right now. Cool.)
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#297 » by penbeast0 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:44 pm

BruceO wrote:I had thought perhaps Trevor ariza and filler. It's fine if we keep our next year's pick and they keep theirs for this year.

I like bazz and he's projected still 15th slot on all draft sites that are major. I can see how we might need a back up like him while milwaukee might not but I admit its asking a lot. If the trade involves the 3rd as rumoured. Then they will have to include that pick and that's who I would get. Defense might be questionable with ilyasova and cousins in admit but we'd still have nene and Okafor and the only big we'd have lost from the number 8 defense would be seraphin.

Alternatively staying the course and drafting porter helps our wing position a lot. Someone also mentioned an interesting idea of porters cause of his play making ability also spelling tine at the two position. It's interesting Jared jeffries did it at times. Play him and ariza together and force a match up of a small guard on one of them or force a substitution. Defensively ariza would check the more potent player whether it's the 3 or the 2.

There's trade possibilities mid season with emeka and ariza.. I feel good about resigning. Emeka but not ariza. I think he'll be gone. There's also the new cba that will provide opportunities because for the most part by mid season most of our contracts sans nene will be attractive. As teams try lower their salaries things will open up. This off season also provides an opportunity to offload people's talents just like LeBron free agency time because people are clearing room. To try sign Chris Paul and Dwight. These races often force teams to desperately offload some players to create space.

I dislike LeBron cause of our rivalry but realistically we have space for him in 2014 and we'll have players who alongside him can be better than the Miami team. Better built at least. It's not likely to happen but it will be a thought especially if we have cousins. Wall and Beal who if they work out and impressive both during the seasons and team USA tryouts will attract attention

. Honestly I'd wish durant would show hometown loyalty and cone here instead. He may be held back from winning by playing in the tougher west coast and outside of him just like Miami we are better than the rest of his team talent wise. I think it's talent cannot possibly reach another level and this is it for okc especially after ditching harden. Unless the pick is someone like Adams who reaches a good deal of their potential and no other team like Houston emerges.

The problem with creating a mismatch using Ariza at the 2 is that when you mismatch, you are aiding offense at a cost of hurting defense. So, your guy better be more capable of carrying the offensive load to exploit the mismatch which Ariza isn't. It's like when Phoenix played Amare and Marion at C and PF; they produced great offensive results with their mismatch . . . and had defensive problems against teams with the bigs to exploit it despite Marion's skills.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
BruceO
Sixth Man

Post#298 » by BruceO » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 pm

What I meant was moving porter around into different positions because of his versatility. I like how a player like LeBron was used buy obviously he's miles ahead of porters. But it was interesting watching him play point on some possessions so the one guarding him had to be able to defend that. He'd play off the ball as a big screener and post up as a power forward. Then he's also a traditional small forward.

Defensively Miami is killed by three ball. I had noted how LeBron and Wade had a tenancy to collapse and stop penetration or go for blocks or rebounds and with good reason they are athletic enough to get the ball or stops. Teams could exploit it by driving, forcing their collapse and kicking it out for open threes. Miami negated thus by defensively playing LeBron at the power forward defensively so the small forward like battery defends the three ball instead. Kawhi was also leading the break as well and playing power forward as well. I'm very impressed by him, I don't like Danny green. His defense was atrocious. He kept giving Wade he same easy shot that even I used to kill people with.

That aside I am a fan of moving players around as far as roles and utilizing other players to freeze that match up. Porter with play making ability can point forward which is useful, he has the size to be used as a power forward on some possessions, he can be used as a guard to kill small two's because he will be too big for them. Ariza can be used alongside him as an equally big wing incase that's who the guard is to defend cause he will score less..

Ariza is able to defend two's so that's what he'd do defensively and porter defends the three so we are not giving up anything defensively. Offensively it will be about how much they can exploit a smaller defender
theboomking
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#299 » by theboomking » Mon Jul 8, 2013 12:06 am

I've been mulling over the following scenario, which would require a lot to come together.
(1)Extend Wall
(2)hope Rice/Seraphin blow up this year and trade Ariza(expiring) and Rice or Seraphin and 2014 pick for either Ilyasova or Ryan Anderson at trade deadline
(3)Make an offer for RFA Greg Monroe in 2014 too large for Detroit to want to match
(4)Flip Monroe and 2015 1st rounder for Demarcus Cousins when Sacramento has had another year of DMC asking to be traded
(5)Use 2015 MLE on backup SG

In 2015 roll with
Wall
Beal
Porter/Webster
Ilyasova or Ryan Anderson
DMC
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 898

Post#300 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Mon Jul 8, 2013 2:04 am

I would attempt to deal Ariza, Vesely, Singleton to Kings for Salmons and Patterson.

Plan B would be Ariza, Vesely, Singleton for Villenueva and Singler.

Plan C would be to waive Vesely and Singleton and sign some better fitting bench scrubs like Price and Barron.

I would extend Wall.

I would save the rest of my powder for next offseason and start scouting for the late 1st round steal of the draft.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith

Return to Washington Wizards