ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Eric Maynor Shrine

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

How Pungent Is The Suck Emanating From Eric Maynor

Meh,I know it's there but it doesn't bother me...like a dirty sock.
18%
It's foul. I cringe every time he plays
22%
It's mind boggling that this guy is a basketball player
25%
Truly Epic...like no suck we've seen before
35%

Total votes: 65

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: The Official Eric Maynor Shrine  

Post#761 » by hands11 » Thu Mar 6, 2014 8:55 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:.

Since Eric Maynor was traded to Philadelphia, the Sixers have gone 0-6.

Call it, The Maynor Effect®

:nod:

Wait. This isn't primarily because they traded Evan Turner and S Hawes and replaced them with ... nothings at SF or Center and they bought out Granger so he never played for them.

That team was completely gutted and they were thin to begin with. Even with those two player they were bad. Without them, I agree. They might not win another game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/nam ... phia-76ers

They have two players 26 and they are Maynor and Jarvis Varnado. They have 1 experienced vet and thats 33 year old Jason Richardson who isn't even playing. Everyone else is younger.

Their vet presence is Byron Mullens 25 and Thad Young 25.

Look at that roster. My God.
wizardry
Junior
And1: 7

Post#762 » by wizardry » Sat Mar 8, 2014 3:45 am

They were 0-13 before the trade. You guys are hilarious. Like they want the #1 draft pick :lol: smh
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#763 » by montestewart » Sat Mar 8, 2014 4:51 am

wizardry wrote:They were 0-13 before the trade. You guys are hilarious. Like they want the #1 draft pick :lol: smh

Wow, 0-13 before the trade, 0-6 after? Somehow, Maynor turned a 15-game losing streak into a 19 game losing streak. He's so bad, he lost them four extra games just by showing up. And the Wizards, a sub .500 team, are 6 - 1 since he left. That is truly multiplication by subtraction. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not as bad as if looks. In DC, his WS/48 was -.054, but getting more court time and looks in Philly, his WS/48 there is -.052. Meanwhile the Wizards have to make do with over-the-hill Andre Miller, who's fallen far short of his career WS/48 of .121, all the way down to .119.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, maybe Miller can do some things better than Maynor, but he can't shoot like Maynor. Maynor can…oh wait, Miller on the Wizards has nearly the same FG% as Maynor on the Sixers, a better 3P%, and a better TS%. And FT%? It's not even close. So what exactly does Maynor do? Is he a people person? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCC_PxRWVI4[/youtube]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop by anytime, the pleasure's all on this side of the table, trust me. But say, isn't that your Maynor calling? I think he wants some warm muffins.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#764 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Mar 8, 2014 3:39 pm

Please stop quoting Wizardry. I do not feel like reading his posts. Maynor is garbage just like many of his fanboy posts are.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#765 » by montestewart » Sat Mar 8, 2014 4:44 pm

TheBabyMaker wrote:Please stop quoting Wizardry. I do not feel like reading his posts.
wizardry, psychically, through montestewart, wrote:You're kidding, right? I make this thread.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,902

Post#766 » by TGW » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:06 am

3 points, 3 turnovers n 13 minutes. What a stud.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#767 » by pineappleheadindc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:37 am

wizardry wrote:They were 0-13 before the trade. You guys are hilarious. Like they want the #1 draft pick :lol: smh

This is not factually correct.

Sixers before acquiring Maynor: 15-40
Sixers after acquiring Maynor: 0-8
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#768 » by montestewart » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:05 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:

This is not factually correct.

Sixers before acquiring Maynor: 15-40
Sixers after acquiring Maynor: 0-8

Maynor lighting it up tonight. He makes Ruffin look like a stat stuffer.

New Maynor nicknames: Snooze Button, The Really Really Silent Assassin, The Iron Waffle, Dribble Cup

Q: How many Maynors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Looks like we'll be playing in the dark.
TGW
RealGM

Post#769 » by TGW » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 am

Horrible basketball player. I'm sure you know who will stay far away from this thread...maybe for good.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#770 » by mohammed10 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:00 am

This thread keeps rising to the top of the forum...

The shrine continues to grow!
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#771 » by nate33 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:51 am

montestewart wrote:Maynor lighting it up tonight. He makes Ruffin look like a stat stuffer.

Zero points, 1 assist and 1 turnover in 9 minutes against the Knicks' deplorable bench.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#772 » by mohammed10 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:08 pm

nate33 wrote:Zero points, 1 assist and 1 turnover in 9 minutes against the Knicks' deplorable bench.

So...legitimate question - is Maynor done in the L after his contract is up?
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#773 » by montestewart » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 pm

mohammed10 wrote:
nate33 wrote:Zero points, 1 assist and 1 turnover in 9 minutes against the Knicks' deplorable bench.

So...legitimate question - is Maynor done in the L after his contract is up?

VCU assistant coach, here I come.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#774 » by pineappleheadindc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Oops, forgot to sign off my previous post on this thread with the requisite hashtag.

#ThanksErnie

:nonono:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"

- Yoda
TGW
RealGM

Post#775 » by TGW » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:54 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:Oops, forgot to sign off my previous post on this thread with the requisite hashtag.

#ThanksErnie

:nonono:

What's even more frustrating is that he had to trade a former lottery pick and a second rounder just to get rid of Maynor's contract. And all of that for a 37 year old backup point guard.

Grunfail is truly the gift that keeps on giving.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#776 » by Nivek » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Seems an appropriate time for the following public service announcement...

On September 25, 2013, Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld said this about Eric Maynor:

We wanted to upgrade our backup point guard position and Eric [Maynor] has been with us now, three weeks in a row. He’s very solid, very steady. He brings a little poise to the game. He knows how to play. So we feel we’ve upgraded that position.

Now consider: Maynor had already played four NBA seasons and had established his level of play as poor. Maynor had just been at the Wizards facility for three consecutive weeks working out and playing basketball. On the eve of what would be a horrific NBA season, the guy Leonsis thinks is doing an a-okay job running his team's basketball operations thought Maynor was solid, steady, poised, and that he "knows how to play."
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#777 » by Kanyewest » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:03 pm

Maynor was semi-decent with the Blazers for a couple weeks. I thought the Wizards should have gone after others but I didn't think he was going to be this bad.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbjwUfvsUxQ[/youtube]

Then again even Jared Jeffries has highlight reels.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV1vcckscGg[/youtube]
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#778 » by montestewart » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Maynor was semi-decent with the Blazers for a couple weeks. I thought the Wizards should have gone after others but I didn't think he was going to be this bad.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbjwUfvsUxQ[/youtube]

Then again even Jared Jeffries has highlight reels.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV1vcckscGg[/youtube]

I once saw Ruffin hit back-to-back free throws. I saw Etan block Yao twice, saw Calvin Booth hit a 3 pointer, saw Tom McMillen win player of the week. Every year, Blatchemo would finish with an all-NBA week. These players are such fickle teases.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#779 » by closg00 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Nivek wrote:Seems an appropriate time for the following public service announcement...

On September 25, 2013, Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld said this about Eric Maynor:

We wanted to upgrade our backup point guard position and Eric [Maynor] has been with us now, three weeks in a row. He’s very solid, very steady. He brings a little poise to the game. He knows how to play. So we feel we’ve upgraded that position.

Now consider: Maynor had already played four NBA seasons and had established his level of play as poor. Maynor had just been at the Wizards facility for three consecutive weeks working out and playing basketball. On the eve of what would be a horrific NBA season, the guy Leonsis thinks is doing an a-okay job running his team's basketball operations thought Maynor was solid, steady, poised, and that he "knows how to play."

He thought Maynor was such a stud that he locked him early and gave him the 2nd yr option lest he bolt to play elsewhere. Where was this bit of information in that embarrassing Wise article.
TGW
RealGM

Post#780 » by TGW » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:57 am

I'm guessing Wizardry probably won't post on realgm again.

Maynor has officially gotten his first DNP-CD with Philly.

Return to Washington Wizards