ImageImageImageImageImage

Verizon Center Crowd...NBA's Worst Sixth Man???

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Re: Verizon Center Crowd...NBA's Worst Sixth Man??? 

Post#161 » by Higga » Thu Feb 4, 2016 5:13 pm

Ruzious wrote:Blaming the fans who actually paid money to watch the game and support the team seems like theater of the absurd, imo.

Anyway, is it just me or is the "music" played at points during the game extremely annoying and if anything seems to hurt the Wiz by taking away their concentration? It doesn't help, and I wouldn't be surprised if it hurts.

I don't like it either. Takes away from the crowd energy.

But lets be honest: D.C. is a bandwagon city. People aren't going to show up to support a loser. The franchise is a mess, the people of this city aren't spending their hard earned money to watch that.

If we sustained success year in and year out, we'd have better home crowds. Look at the crowds the Capitals get. Is D.C. a bigger hockey town then basketball? No, but the Caps have been a contender for a while now.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,348

Post#162 » by Kanyewest » Thu Feb 4, 2016 5:22 pm

Ruzious wrote:Blaming the fans who actually paid money to watch the game and support the team seems like theater of the absurd, imo.

Anyway, is it just me or is the "music" played at points during the game extremely annoying and if anything seems to hurt the Wiz by taking away their concentration? It doesn't help, and I wouldn't be surprised if it hurts.

The music selection is terrible. It doesn't help the players and it doesn't help the fans get into the game.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,348

Post#163 » by Kanyewest » Thu Feb 4, 2016 5:23 pm

The Wizards are 11-10 on the road but 10-16 at home. There is no homecourt advantage to speak of- the Wizards right now have a homecourt disadvantage.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#164 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Feb 4, 2016 8:03 pm

queridiculo wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
If I felt that strongly about how I felt treated as a season ticket holder there's no way in hell I'd continue to fill the seats each home game for roughly 2 hours. I in fact believe fans should not turn out as much and force Leonsis to put a better product out on the court. However, fans still sell out the arena. If you're going to go---nobody's forcing you to go---you should support the players by making noise and make them feel like they have the best fans in the world. I'm not talking those who make noise, I'm talking about this collective air of "I'm not going to acknowledge anything they do" that seems to be created by what seems to the majority of seat fillers.

Why go if you're just going to act like you're too good to acknowledge your star players' efforts?

John Wall shouldn't have to implore the crowd to make noise at certain points during the game like he did yesterday vs. GSW. After all, Kobe didn't when he made his first stop in D.C. earlier in the season.

If fans are out to hurt somebody, or send some sort of message that expresses their disapproval with the product on the court, then how about they not take it out on John Wall and the other guys who are giving their best and instead take it out on the guy who sets the prices that you complain about and the person who's responsible for constructing the roster, by not going to the games or some other creative way?

You think fans are out to hurt John Wall because their enthusiasm isn't were you expect it to be? :banghead: :lol:

But you agree with the rest right?

Thanks.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#165 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Feb 4, 2016 8:07 pm

Kanyewest wrote:

The music selection is terrible. It doesn't help the players and it doesn't help the fans get into the game.

Agreed.

The music selection is so outdated a lot of times. No clue why they are still pumping the Ruff Ryders Down Bottom. It's so outdated and played.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#166 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Feb 4, 2016 8:13 pm

Kanyewest wrote:The Wizards are 11-10 on the road but 10-16 at home. There is no homecourt advantage to speak of- the Wizards right now have a homecourt disadvantage.

Agreed again.

Last time I checked the Wizards had the fifth worse home record of all teams. How does a team like the Wizards find itself grouped with the bottom two teams in the Eastern Conference?

I don't even think Leonsis is even ashamed.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,044

Post#167 » by queridiculo » Thu Feb 4, 2016 8:18 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:You think fans are out to hurt John Wall because their enthusiasm isn't were you expect it to be? :banghead: :lol:

Thanks.[/quote]

No, in fact, I don't even know what you're trying to say.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#168 » by Dark Faze » Thu Feb 4, 2016 8:58 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:The Wizards are 11-10 on the road but 10-16 at home. There is no homecourt advantage to speak of- the Wizards right now have a homecourt disadvantage.

Agreed again.

Last time I checked the Wizards had the fifth worse home record of all teams. How does a team like the Wizards find itself grouped with the bottom two teams in the Eastern Conference?

blame the local media who can barely keep their nose out of snyders ass or spend a day without complaining about him while leonsis buries the wiz
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#169 » by queridiculo » Thu Feb 4, 2016 9:24 pm

Dark Faze wrote:
blame the local media who can barely keep their nose out of snyders ass or spend a day without complaining about him while leonsis buries the wiz

Now THAT I can agree with.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#170 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Feb 4, 2016 11:28 pm

queridiculo wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:You think fans are out to hurt John Wall because their enthusiasm isn't were you expect it to be? :banghead: :lol:

Thanks.

No, in fact, I don't even know what you're trying to say.[/quote]

I also suggested that the fans' lack of enthusiasm may be their way of showing disapproval of the product on the court. So stop being crafty. This has now been pointed out by CSN sports analysts, writers, and Wizards players' themselves. They don't feel the crowd's support level is where it should be for the home team a lot of times so you trying to make this a matter of personal opinion doesn't work at all.

But have fun with your smilies..."lol"
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#171 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Feb 4, 2016 11:34 pm

Dark Faze wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

Agreed again.

I guess basketball just isn't that big of a deal in D.C.

Leonsis to this point isn't doing anything to make it a big deal either.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#172 » by Higga » Mon Feb 8, 2016 2:43 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

Agreed again.

I guess basketball just isn't that big of a deal in D.C.

Leonsis to this point isn't doing anything to make it a big deal either.

D.C. is a basketball town, but the pro team has been so terrible and so unprofessional for so long that its turned fans off.

The HS bball scene is better here then anywhere else in the nation. The college scene is stacked too. Its just a shame we've had always had terrible ownership/management on the pro team.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#173 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:38 am

There goes that damn 6th man messing things up again.

I'm telling you guys it's real. Don't know how to appreciate the team on the floor. (Not everybody who attends home games of course)

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/john-wall-speculates-about-what-may-have-turned-kevin-durant
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#174 » by montestewart » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:04 am

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:There goes that damn 6th man messing things up again.

I'm telling you guys it's real. Don't know how to appreciate the team on the floor. (Not everybody who attends home games of course)

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/john-wall-speculates-about-what-may-have-turned-kevin-durant

It's called blaming the victim

EDIT: Had to revisit this thought. So Durant looked at the Wizards, saw that they: were owned by an arrogant cheapskate and managed by a moron, missed the playoffs, showed no signs of dramatic improvement from their small core of signed players, blew a ton of future assets, and he said, "You know, if it wasn't for the lousy fans, that would be a great place to play."

If that version is true, good riddance to him. I'd rather have a player that thinks, "I'll give them something to cheer about." But that's not the reason. If he's not coming here, it's likely because he's not a moron. He wants to win, and he doesn't want to tarnish a very valuable brand. If he does come here, it might prove he's the moron, but at least he'd be a courageous moron.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,152

Post#175 » by AFM » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:26 am

montestewart wrote:

She shouldn't have been wearing a short skirt then!!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#176 » by montestewart » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:35 am

AFM wrote:
montestewart wrote:

She shouldn't have been wearing a short skirt then!!

That was a Wizards jersey, and Marcin is very angry with you.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#177 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:24 pm

KD will save face by saying something like coming home would be too much of a distraction. Then the 'Stache and the Terd can claim that it wasn't the plan that was the problem, it was KD's choice to not come home.
In Rizzo we trust
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#178 » by queridiculo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:40 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:

KD will save face by saying something like coming home would be too much of a distraction. Then the 'Stache and the Terd can claim that it wasn't the plan that was the problem, it was KD's choice to not come home.

The Wizards just have the darnest luck ey?
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#179 » by P'Oed » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:31 pm

Wish I wasn't on my phone so it'd make it easier to post the links, but expert Wiz reporter J Michael was reportedly on the radio blaming the fanbase for swinging and missing in free agency. He attributed the theory to a quote from John Wall. I tweeted at him essentially accusing him of kicking a fan base that hasn't had anything to cheer for for 40 years while they're down and his response was:

"ya those east semifinals teams gave no one anything to cheer for. nothing.."

:roll:
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#180 » by BigA » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Return to Washington Wizards