Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Re: Grunfeld a Great GM. Proves Doubters Wrong 

Post#1561 » by milellie111 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:44 pm

hands11 wrote:
milellie111 wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:
Welcome back, Milellie!

Look, dude, let me give you some lessons on trolling that you can use from this point forward.

1. You can't just troll this thread (or the various 100s of others that talk about Grunfeld, the GM.) You have to expand your horizons. For instance, start trolling the random thoughts thread. Put things unreleated to basketball in there and tie it to your man.

2. Examples:

a. If there is ever some big good news story -- trapped miners are rescued, etc -- post a link to the news story with your commentary: "Chilean miners were rescued from certain death. Who to thank? Grunfeld. (and attach a nice pic of Ernie)."

b Post a youtube cute cat video. "Cats are cute! Who gets credit for that? Grunfeld."

c. [In the politics section] "Congress just passed this great bill. Who to thank? Grunfeld."

d. Hey they're opening a new hipster bar in Chinatown. Who to thank? Yeah, you know who."

The idea is to bring your unique and special Ernie message to all corners of the board. This strategy will make you *even more* popular with board members and ensure that we -- the small but committed band of Wizards loyalists on RealGM -- will ultimately join you in praising the basketball genius that is Ernie Grunfeld.

Go Wizards!!!

:nod:

Thanks sir. However, no trolling here. It just baffles me how still some on this board are sour over ownership when they have been rewarded with the best possible scenario a fan can possibly imagine:

-Competitive playoff run last year

-Retaining important pieces in offseason

-Signing important pieces via free agency to friendly salary deals

-Revelopment of current rookies who are producing

-Retention of coaching staff

-3-1 record and one of the top teams in the conference

-Commitment to improving and winning

-Superb handling of the teams financial situation going forward

What more can you ask for? To me, trolling is continuing to acknowledge these facts, yet still demanding for Grunfeld to be fired. I'm just saying he is still proving doubters wrong.

You haven't figure out why yet ?

I don't know hands. Usually winning cures all. Wizards have been winning alot lately, yet some fail to realize that. Why not give credit where credit is due? Is it because of pride? Do some want to continue to bash managment and Grunfeld because they are ashamed to admit they were wrong which is why they aren't getting paid millions or have the credentials to manage a professional sports franchise?
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#1562 » by milellie111 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:49 pm

TGW wrote:
Nivek wrote:
milellie111 wrote:Thanks sir. However, no trolling here. It just baffles me how still some on this board are sour over ownership when they have been rewarded with the best possible scenario a fan can possibly imagine:

Not sour here, but "best possible scenario a fan can possibly imagine"? Umm...what? I can imagine MUCH better scenarios than what's on the plate for the Wizards.

But, it's fun to see the Wizards win and to imagine them being one of the top teams in the conferences. Like most fans of the team, I'm hoping they'll continue to play this well when they start facing better teams.

See my sig, Nivek. And then you'll understand who you're dealing with. :)

TGW = Troll Gone Wild
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#1563 » by payitforward » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:51 pm

hands11 wrote:...I said this several time in the past, ...(etc. etc. whatever).

As I have said several times in the past, Hands has said "as I have said several times in the past" several times in the past.

Actually, it's more like several times a week in the past! :)

When Einstein looked in the mirror he saw a humble person of modest gifts doing his best to make a difference to human knowledge. When Hands looks in the mirror he sees Einstein.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1564 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:52 pm

Trolling involves being a one-trick pony. It's not that bad....like Ji would troll this board with his "Historic Winter Storm Coming - THIS IS THE BIG ONE" threads. That was Ji. The Wizards board membership would roll their eyes at him, but in their hearts he was always OUR Ji.

Same you. Yeah, you post as if you are, in real life, Mrs. Grunfeld. But you're OUR Mrs. Grunfeld.

My advice, though, Mileille, continues to be to expand your horizons. Don't limit your pro-Ernie posts to just this and similar threads. Look to new and creative ways to express yourself. I've given you concrete examples to consider.

Go forth and be the Johnny Appleseed of Ernie-mania. Let the word spread throughout the pages of RealGM that here, we have an exceptionally successful and astute GM. Think big!!!

Yours,

Pine
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#1565 » by milellie111 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:55 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:I still want EG gone but I must say its nice to see the team develop before our very eyes

Like saying:

I hate my boss and would still like to see him fired but its nice to see how he's improved our office and created a better work environment.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1566 » by payitforward » Thu Nov 6, 2014 5:04 pm

milellie111 wrote:3-1 and off to a great start at the beginning of the season. Team is playing great. Free agent signings are looking as promised and this is one of the deepest teams in the league. A good year is in store for Wizards fans.

milellie111 wrote:...It just baffles me how still some on this board are sour over ownership when they have been rewarded with the best possible scenario a fan can possibly imagine....

Millie is right, of course! We are all aware of the well-known saying that Hands has pointed out so many times in the past: "All's well that begins well." Right...?

It's fantastic to have started the season so strong! Lets keep it up as the schedule gets tougher. Lets hope that Humphries and Blair actually get to play (so that we can see whether milellie is right about our "free agent signings... looking as promised"). And that Temple can actually produce at his current level over a longer stretch. And that Nene can stay on the court (he's playing a lot of minutes right now). And so forth.

Still... these are good days to be a Wizards fan.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#1567 » by milellie111 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 5:09 pm

You guys bring up past negative examples and i'm not ignoring those. Maynor turned out to be a disappopintment. However, what about not giving up on Seraphin so quickly and trading him away? Seraphin has proven these past few games to be an important contributor. Some guys I heard months ago we should trade away are still on the roster and are the reason why we are 4-1.

Another example, trading this years 46th pick for cash and keeping the roster spot open for a veteran who would be helpful to the team immediately in case of injury or a deep run in the playoffs is smart GM'ing in my eyes. I think Grunfeld is doing a good job of maintaining the teams current sucess and continuing to build upon that. It was Teds vision which Ernie implemented, now it's Ernie just performing house maintenance.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSPr6FVECYo[/youtube]
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#1568 » by milellie111 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 5:15 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:Trolling involves being a one-trick pony. It's not that bad....like Ji would troll this board with his "Historic Winter Storm Coming - THIS IS THE BIG ONE" threads. That was Ji. The Wizards board membership would roll their eyes at him, but in their hearts he was always OUR Ji.

Same you. Yeah, you post as if you are, in real life, Mrs. Grunfeld. But you're OUR Mrs. Grunfeld.

My advice, though, Mileille, continues to be to expand your horizons. Don't limit your pro-Ernie posts to just this and similar threads. Look to new and creative ways to express yourself. I've given you concrete examples to consider.

Go forth and be the Johnny Appleseed of Ernie-mania. Let the word spread throughout the pages of RealGM that here, we have an exceptionally successful and astute GM. Think big!!!

Yours,

Pine

Oh okay. I've posted in other threads as well and also the game threads on various topics :)

I actually a troll would be someone who still has an Avatar that says "Grunfailed" and finds every oppurtunity to minimize and demean the accomplishments of a GM who very well may be GM of the year this year :lol:
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1569 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 6, 2014 5:22 pm

3 of the guys from last year's roster (2 first round picks in 2011, 1 who signed a 2 year guaranteed deal) are no longer in the NBA.

Great GM work there. :bowdown:
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1570 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu Nov 6, 2014 6:34 pm

milellie111 wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:Trolling involves being a one-trick pony. It's not that bad....like Ji would troll this board with his "Historic Winter Storm Coming - THIS IS THE BIG ONE" threads. That was Ji. The Wizards board membership would roll their eyes at him, but in their hearts he was always OUR Ji.

Yours,

Pine

Oh okay. I've posted in other threads as well and also the game threads on various topics :)

I actually a troll would be someone who still has an Avatar that says "Grunfailed" and finds every oppurtunity to minimize and demean the accomplishments of a GM who very well may be GM of the year this year :lol:

I'm liking this post, above. Just saying to put it in other threads, not just this.

:nod:

Take care!
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"

- Yoda
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1571 » by TGW » Thu Nov 6, 2014 6:55 pm

Yes it's baffling how anyone could be sour over this front office. What kind if idiot would do such a thing...

oh wait.

milellie111 wrote:
Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#1572 » by milellie111 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 7:20 pm

TGW wrote:Yes it's baffling how anyone could be sour over this front office. What kind if idiot would do such a thing...

oh wait.

milellie111 wrote:
Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

But I've accepted the fact that I was wrong and moved on. So why can't you? What is there left to be sour over from this team the past 2 years? In this business you have to have a short memory. Things change in the blink of an eye. No benefit of remaing sour over things that happened years ago. A player could suck for years and fans bash him. All of a sudden something "clicks" and the guy takes the league by storm. You still want to cut him from your team based on previous years of trash play?! Same could apply to a coach or a GM.

Does it make me a troll that years ago I type in a game thread out of frustration a vent against managment during a losing period, but now I agree with recent moves and support the direction moving forward?
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1573 » by fishercob » Thu Nov 6, 2014 7:38 pm

milellie111 wrote:
TGW wrote:Yes it's baffling how anyone could be sour over this front office. What kind if idiot would do such a thing...

oh wait.

milellie111 wrote:

But I've accepted the fact that I was wrong and moved on. So why can't you? What is there left to be sour over from this team the past 2 years? In this business you have to have a short memory. Things change in the blink of an eye. No benefit of remaing sour over things that happened years ago. A player could suck for years and fans bash him. All of a sudden something "clicks" and the guy takes the league by storm. You still want to cut him from your team based on previous years of trash play?! Same could apply to a coach or a GM.

Does it make me a troll that years ago I type in a game thread out of frustration a vent against managment during a losing period, but now I agree with recent moves and support the direction moving forward?

Why does everyone have to be on your schedule? At one point you agreed with people who anti-owner, coach, and GM. You changed your mind. Maybe some of the "doubters" will change theirs in time, Maybe you'll change yours back.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#1574 » by milellie111 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 7:53 pm

fishercob wrote:
milellie111 wrote:

oh wait.

Why does everyone have to be on your schedule? At one point you agreed with people who anti-owner, coach, and GM. You changed your mind. Maybe some of the "doubters" will change theirs in time, Maybe you'll change yours back.

There is no schedule. However if you can't look at last seasons success and this promising offseason and change your tune, then you are just being stubborn stiff necked and bitter. For Petes sake, Grunfeld has this team on the brink of the promised land in the near future and has lined us up nicely to make a good push for Durant. What more do you want from a GM? If we had another GM, whom many some proposed the past 5 years, how do we know whom they would have drafted or signed from free agency? Would this team have a ring by now? Would Wall, Beal, Gortat be here? Would the teams financial sitauation be what it is currently? Unanswered questions we will never find out but who cares at this point.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1575 » by payitforward » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:40 pm

milellie111 wrote:You guys bring up past negative examples and i'm not ignoring those. Maynor turned out to be a disappopintment.

Oh... Maynor "turned out to be a disappointment?" What about Vesely? Singleton? Mack? Satoransky? And... Seaphin?
milellie111 wrote:...what about not giving up on Seraphin so quickly and trading him away? Seraphin has proven these past few games to be an important contributor.

Dude -- Seraphin played 14 minutes vs. Indiana. In that time, he committed 3 fouls and had 3 turnovers. He managed 2 rebounds (both on defense). Is this what you mean by being "an important contributor?" I might mention that this was one of his better stints as a Wizard.

He is in his 5th season in the NBA and even at his best is below average or maybe just at average -- and he is not at his best very often! And you're suggesting we want to "give up on him too quickly?"
milellie111 wrote:Some guys I heard months ago we should trade away are still on the roster and are the reason why we are 4-1.

Huh? Like... who exactly?

milellie111 wrote:Another example, trading this years 46th pick for cash and keeping the roster spot open for a veteran who would be helpful to the team immediately in case of injury or a deep run in the playoffs is smart GM'ing in my eyes.

How about assembling one of the oldest rosters in the NBA -- by exactly these "smart GM'ing" strategies you like so much? Is that also something you like? And who is this terrific veteran we've picked up, or will pick up, according to you? Jordan Clarkson, picked w/ that p'd away #46 pick, was good enough to earn a guaranteed NBA contract this year. For $500K. If he pans out, the Lakers have an option for next year. *That* is what *I* call "smart GM'ing".

We are 4-1; that's great. Lets hope we can keep winning.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#1576 » by milellie111 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:55 am

Upgrading Trevor Booker with Kris Humphries. Upgrading Ariza with Paul Pierce. Filling last roster spot with money man Rasual Butler. Turning this Wizards team into a top 3 Eastern Conference contender.

Well deserved extension upcoming for Mr. Grunfeld.

Goodnight haters!!!
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,528

Post#1577 » by closg00 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:16 am

Why is it that you do not participate in game threads or pretty-much anything else except the worship of Ernie Grunfeld?

Edit: The reason is because this is your trolling profile, you also post under a different name.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#1578 » by milellie111 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:24 am

closg00 wrote:Why is it that you do not participate in game threads or pretty-much anything else except the worship of Ernie Grunfeld?

Edit: The reason is because this is your trolling profile, you also post under a different name.

During the games I'm viewing the games. I don't have time to post in a game thread.

No one is worshipping Grunfeld. I'm saying he's proving to be right based on his transactions these past few seasons and has proven many of the "realgms" on here wrong. He's making certain guys with Grunfail profile pics look foolish. He's solidified the fact that Ted should have retained him. The Wizards succes stems from Ernie.

Not sure what you are talking about a troll account or posting elsewhere.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,528

Post#1579 » by closg00 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:31 am

milellie111 wrote:
closg00 wrote:Why is it that you do not participate in game threads or pretty-much anything else except the worship of Ernie Grunfeld?

During the games I'm viewing the games. I don't have time to post in a game thread.

No one is worshipping Grunfeld. I'm saying he's proving to be right based on his transactions these past few seasons and has proven many of the "realgms" on here wrong. He's making certain guys with Grunfail profile pics look foolish. He's solidified the fact that Ted should have retained him. The Wizards succes stems from Ernie.

You come to troll, not much of anything else :lol:
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1580 » by TGW » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:59 am

closg00 wrote:
milellie111 wrote:

You come to troll, not much of anything else :lol:

You already know. Check the sig. :nod:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

Return to Washington Wizards