pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Re: Grunfeld a Great GM. Proves Doubters Wrong 

Post#81 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:32 pm

tontoz wrote:
payitforward wrote:
tontoz wrote:Looks like i have another addition to the filter.

Are you nuts? This guy is hilarious!

Opinions differ about whether i am nuts but i don't find this troll amusing at all.

Sorry to disagree. But I'm generally getting great laughs from it.

milellie111 >>>> diderotn
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#82 » by milellie111 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:25 am

Are you watching the wins? Who can disagree that Ernie needs to be retained now? This team is on a roll.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#83 » by TGW » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:32 am

milellie111 wrote:Are you watching the wins? Who can disagree that Ernie needs to be retained now? This team is on a roll.

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#84 » by daSwami » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:43 am

milellie111 wrote:Are you watching the wins? Who can disagree that Ernie needs to be retained now? This team is on a roll.

Word
:banghead:
TGW
RealGM

Post#85 » by TGW » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:13 am

daSwami wrote:

Word

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Post#86 » by Mickstix » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:41 am

Disappointed in some of ya'll.. Just swooped in and ate the bait.. Didn't even give it a sniff first.. :lol:

Seriously though, this is either awesome trolling or he's like the kid that goes to Caps games wearing his "entire" goalie outfit, pads/helmet/stick and all.. So, I won't engage either way as he may be special.. :wink: :wink:
Mick
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#87 » by Nivek » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:05 am

I don't know. Who?
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,215

Post#88 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:07 am

This is a HOF troll here
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#89 » by milellie111 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:11 am

The apathy in this thread is apalling yet dissapointing considering this team is currently 1 game behind Atlanta for third place in this East. Sure, many of you would like to blame Grunfeld for alot of things, even injuries, but refusing to see the present promising state of this franchise and well balanced roster is ludicrous and living in denial.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
TGW
RealGM

Post#90 » by TGW » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:40 am

^^^The only thing disappointing is how hard you're trying to be a troll. It's sad.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#91 » by tontoz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:06 pm

DJ Augustine dropped 27 last night while our offseason "prize" is piling up DNPs.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#92 » by Nivek » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:15 pm

I heard Buckhantz on the Junkies this morning repeat the canard that Maynor was a "good backup" when the Wizards signed him. This is pure delusion. Maynor has been a crummy backup throughout his career. He got crummier when he hurt his knee. He's been even a bit crummier yet with the Wizards. But there was nothing about his pre-Wizards performance to suggest he was "good" whether as a backup or anything else. Signing Maynor was a mistake -- an obvious mistake BEFORE he signed.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#93 » by Dat2U » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Nivek wrote:I heard Buckhantz on the Junkies this morning repeat the canard that Maynor was a "good backup" when the Wizards signed him. This is pure delusion. Maynor has been a crummy backup throughout his career. He got crummier when he hurt his knee. He's been even a bit crummier yet with the Wizards. But there was nothing about his pre-Wizards performance to suggest he was "good" whether as a backup or anything else. Signing Maynor was a mistake -- an obvious mistake BEFORE he signed.

It's an argument commonly made when addressing front office mistakes. He's basically saying "It seemed like a good idea at the time". Of course we know it wasn't. But that doesn't stop those in and around the Wizards organization from using this fallacy to excuse many of the questionable decisions that have been made over the last 7-8 years.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#94 » by closg00 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:24 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Nivek wrote:I heard Buckhantz on the Junkies this morning repeat the canard that Maynor was a "good backup" when the Wizards signed him. This is pure delusion. Maynor has been a crummy backup throughout his career. He got crummier when he hurt his knee. He's been even a bit crummier yet with the Wizards. But there was nothing about his pre-Wizards performance to suggest he was "good" whether as a backup or anything else. Signing Maynor was a mistake -- an obvious mistake BEFORE he signed.

It's an argument commonly made when addressing front office mistakes. He's basically saying "It seemed like a good idea at the time". Of course we know it wasn't. But that doesn't stop those in and around the Wizards organization from using this fallacy to excuse many of the questionable decisions that have been made over the last 7-8 years.

Yet Maynor's agent punked Grunfeld into giving Maynor a 2nd guaranteed year. Amazing!!
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#95 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:50 pm

milellie111 wrote:The apathy in this thread is apalling yet dissapointing considering this team is currently 1 game behind Atlanta for third place in this East. Sure, many of you would like to blame Grunfeld for alot of things, even injuries, but refusing to see the present promising state of this franchise and well balanced roster is ludicrous and living in denial.

Keep posting Milellie

But understand that even some of those who are not all negative all the time see this team is at a tipping point. There is a reason they are stuck where they are.

And they have a coach and GM who are average at best in their last years of their contracts. Wall and Beal not staying on task over a long enough period of time. Randy is using an 8 man rotations so early in the year. Otto ? Who knows. Maynor was a bad pick up. He doesn't even play.

Its just a lot of things that all add up to MEH. Baring injury, this is what I expected from the team last year so I want to see something better then .500 this year.

For now, I'm most focused on not liking the coaching. That's what would help the most the fastest. After that, they need to clean up the bench of wasted pieces. And they have a roster of 15, so they can't even do call ups.

The on again off again rotations bother me. I don't think Randy is handling it as well as he can.

Its just a frustrating place to be right now. If an 8 man rotation is what Randy is going to do, then he has to make sure those players are ready and playing right starting in the first quarter. He has to call time out better. He has to draw up better plays. I personally would prefer he go back to the rotation that gets Otto 10 mins where Ves gets 20 and Kevin is called in when they need a spark of scoring from the post. Booker does some thing well in spurts but he is a defensive liability. He shouldn't be the player getting the defactor minutes over Ves and Kevin. He should be used sometimes and not others. A good coach would know that.

I just don't like how Randy is doing things. When you add all that other stuff, even the non doom and gloomers are going to get down on them when they blow it like they just did against Boston.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,968

Post#96 » by dckingsfan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:34 pm

90% of posters want EG gone at the end of the year.
90% of posters want Witt gone at the end of the year.

71% of posters want EG gone now.
51% of posters want Witt gone now.

There is a good reason for this - no one trusts EG to pick Witt's replacement.

Let's just wait until the end of the season and hope that Ted has some cojones and cleans house.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#97 » by closg00 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 pm

dckingsfan wrote:90% of posters want EG gone at the end of the year.

There is a good reason for this - no one trusts EG to pick Witt's replacement, nor do we trust him to make drafting/FA decisions.

Let's just wait until the end of the season and hope that Ted has some cojones and cleans house.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#98 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:06 pm

dckingsfan wrote:90% of posters want EG gone at the end of the year.

There is a good reason for this - no one trusts EG to pick Witt's replacement.

Another alternative is for Ted to just go over EG's head to pick Wittman's replacement.

Why do I have this sinking feeling that Sam Cassell will soon be the "interim" head coach. Sammy - the man who taught Wall that shooting long 2's is a good thing.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#99 » by milellie111 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:51 pm

With the exception of Miami and Indiana, the Wizards are on par with any other team in the East, however better than many. When Leonsis bought the team and retained Grunfeld, there was a plan in place and everyone knew this team would not transcend into contenders one season later. That vision is in the process of coming to fruition. Again the Wizards are very much competitive in the East, a young roster with a budding superstar and peaking sharp shooter, young talent on the bench, a coach who the players respect and respond too, and proper management of cap money. Look at other in the East and their records(i.e.Boston, Detroit, Philadelphia, Orlando) and let me a valid reason why Grunfeld/Whittman is any worse than the management duos mentioned.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#100 » by fishercob » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:02 pm

milellie111 wrote:With the exception of Miami and Indiana, the Wizards are on par with any other team in the East, however better than many. When Leonsis bought the team and retained Grunfeld, there was a plan in place and everyone knew this team would not transcend into contenders one season later. That vision is in the process of coming to fruition. Again the Wizards are very much competitive in the East, a young roster with a budding superstar and peaking sharp shooter, young talent on the bench, a coach who the players respect and respond too, and proper management of cap money. Look at other in the East and their records(i.e.Boston, Detroit, Philadelphia, Orlando) and let me a valid reason why Grunfeld/Whittman is any worse than the management duos mentioned.

I'd consider giving up a testicle to trade Ernie and Randy for Ainge and Stevens. I'm done having kids anyway.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin

Return to Washington Wizards