Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 3.0 

Post#1321 » by closg00 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:14 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1322 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Diamond Stone ... waived. Already.

Dude didn't even get a cup of coffee with the Hawks.

I recall when Stone was rated as THE number one C prospect coming out of HS. He chose Maryland over Wisconsin (in retrospect, that might have been his first mistake). Stone had one monster game as frosh, but overall, he showed that he's a poor defender and only a fair at rebounding, at best. He had a lot of nifty offensive moves that worked well in college. However, his getting drafted by the Clippers was the beginning of the end. NO WAY could he carve out any minutes playing being Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Marreese Speights, Brandon Bass, and Cole Aldrich. (Why did they draft Stone???)

Stone and Melo. Busts.

Already. Wow. :(
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#1323 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:29 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Diamond Stone ... waived. Already.

Dude didn't even get a cup of coffee with the Hawks.

I recall when Stone was rated as THE number one C prospect coming out of HS. He chose Maryland over Wisconsin (in retrospect, that might have been his first mistake). Stone had one monster game as frosh, but overall, he showed that he's a poor defender and only a fair at rebounding, at best. He had a lot of nifty offensive moves that worked well in college. However, his getting drafted by the Clippers was the beginning of the end. NO WAY could he carve out any minutes playing being Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Marreese Speights, Brandon Bass, and Cole Aldrich. (Why did they draft Stone???)

Stone and Melo. Busts.

Already. Wow. :(

The funny thing is he actually played well in the SL.

Personally, I don't think of Melo as a bust. I think he's just a guy who maxed out his talent...and it's not NBA caliber.

Now you wanna see NBA talent....look at guys like Huerter, Jackson and incoming freshman Bruno Fernando. :)
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1324 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 1, 2017 5:29 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#1325 » by 80sballboy » Tue Aug 1, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm guessing Diamond Stone is a casualty of "old-school big man disease" with average athletic ability and questionable work ethic. If there was no one-and-done, he would have just jumped right to the NBA. But big guys nowadays better start getting a clue, and a three-point shot or they better protect the rim.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1326 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:55 pm

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Trimble-Signs-NBA-Deal-105697743
Report: Trimble Signs NBA Deal

Melo Trimble has agreed to a partially guaranteed deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to an ESPN.com report.

The terms of the deal have yet to be announced, but it’s possible the former Maryland guard earns a two-way contract, which would pay him more than the average G League player and guarantee him a spot on Minnesota’s 15-man roster. The Wolves have one two-way contract left to hand out after agreeing to terms with former Stanford guard Anthony Brown earlier today. Not counting Trimble, Minnesota has 13 players signed for next season.

Trimble, who went undrafted in June, spent summer league with the Philadelphia 76ers, but after four games spent glued to the bench and only two that saw him play more than 10 minutes, it was clear that his best opportunity to make a roster wasn’t going to be through the City of Brotherly Love. He’ll still face an uphill battle in Minnesota, but the Wolves currently only have two point guards under contract (Tyus Jones and Jeff Teague) after trading Kris Dunn and Zach Lavine to the Chicago Bulls for Jimmy Butler last month.

The Wolves are also among the suitors mentioned for Kyrie Irving, which would obviously take away opportunities for Trimble to see the floor as a rookie, but conversely could open up a spot at the end of the bench if the deal gets done and multiple players are involved.

Trimble’s deal comes a day after the Atlanta Hawks waived Diamond Stone. He joins Jake Layman as the only former Terp under contract as Alex Len remains in flux with the Phoenix Suns.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1327 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 1, 2017 10:23 pm

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Breaking-Maryland-Adds-Good-Counsel-Pass-Rusher-Tyler-Baylor-105670018

Breaking: Maryland Adds Good Counsel Pass-Rusher Tyler Baylor

Maryland closed well on Saturday and just three days later, they received the good news. Good Counsel (Md.) three-star defensive end Tyler Baylor has committed to Maryland over Pittsburgh and Kentucky. "I'm excited to say I'm going to the University of Maryland," Baylor told 247Sports on Monday. Baylor also held offers from Georgia, Louisville and North Carolina among others. The 6-foot-4, 220-pound defensive end was offered on March 4th and the staff coveted Baylor's upside, athleticism and long arms.

The Terps have stayed on top of Baylor since the offer and the local three-star target liked what the hometown team had to offer. "I’d say that Maryland and Kentucky make me feel like I’m one of their top prospects,” he told 247Sports on April 30th. "“I like the whole hometown movement; it’s good to have people behind you that’ve known you growing up supporting you so I like that. Coach [Jimmy] Brumbaugh is a good coach, too. He’s someone that’s put a lot of guys in the league and he’s engaging. I like what I’ve seen out of him."

After visiting Maryland for their July 29th barbeque, Baylor admitted that there was a chance he was going to suit up for the hometown team. "I kind of did, but I still wasn't 100% sure," Baylor told 247sports. "After me and my family talked to coach Durkin and everything, my family seemed to love it and I was always digging what they said, but that's when I knew it was the place I wanted to be." Baylor broke down why the hometown team won out in his recruitment.

"I always felt like Maryland was like the school for me because every time I went up there, I felt like I was at home. When I went up there this weekend for the barbeque, I just felt like that's where I wanted to be. I'm loving the direction of the program. I'm happy that coach Durkin is doing a lot more recruiting in the DMV area. He's trying to keep the talent at home and I can get down with that. I really think Maryland football has something special coming in the future."

Tyler, who's the grandson of NBA legend Elgin Baylor, becomes the 17th commitment of Maryland's 2018 class. Could more be on the way? Baylor is eyeing priority local target to join him in College Park. "As of right now, we're trying to get [McDonogh four-star defensive tackle] PJ Mustipher to go ahead and commit as well. As far as the 2019 class, I'm trying to recruit as much as I can from Good Counsel and make sure the boys stay home."
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1328 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Aug 2, 2017 4:48 am

Brenda Frese blocked me on Twitter.

:)

It's good to know that someone knows exactly how I feel about their coaching.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1329 » by closg00 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 12:40 pm

Wizardspride wrote:http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Trimble-Signs-NBA-Deal-105697743
Report: Trimble Signs NBA Deal

Melo Trimble has agreed to a partially guaranteed deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to an ESPN.com report.

The terms of the deal have yet to be announced, but it’s possible the former Maryland guard earns a two-way contract, which would pay him more than the average G League player and guarantee him a spot on Minnesota’s 15-man roster. The Wolves have one two-way contract left to hand out after agreeing to terms with former Stanford guard Anthony Brown earlier today. Not counting Trimble, Minnesota has 13 players signed for next season.

Trimble, who went undrafted in June, spent summer league with the Philadelphia 76ers, but after four games spent glued to the bench and only two that saw him play more than 10 minutes, it was clear that his best opportunity to make a roster wasn’t going to be through the City of Brotherly Love. He’ll still face an uphill battle in Minnesota, but the Wolves currently only have two point guards under contract (Tyus Jones and Jeff Teague) after trading Kris Dunn and Zach Lavine to the Chicago Bulls for Jimmy Butler last month.

The Wolves are also among the suitors mentioned for Kyrie Irving, which would obviously take away opportunities for Trimble to see the floor as a rookie, but conversely could open up a spot at the end of the bench if the deal gets done and multiple players are involved.

Trimble’s deal comes a day after the Atlanta Hawks waived Diamond Stone. He joins Jake Layman as the only former Terp under contract as Alex Len remains in flux with the Phoenix Suns.

Camp deal, they already have Teague and Jones. But, Minny needs to decide if they pick-up Jones's option next season so perhaps Melo will get an honest look, I wish we had kept Keene around longer.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1330 » by Wizardspride » Wed Aug 2, 2017 2:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1331 » by Wizardspride » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1332 » by Wizardspride » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:11 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1333 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1334 » by Wizardspride » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:25 am

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1335 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Very nice! Sounds like Kevin Broadus is off to a great start as a recruiter/assistant coach.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1336 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:54 pm

It's a little early to make a projection like this, but dare I say - Could the Mitchell twins have the same kind of college basketball impact that the Morris twins had? They appear to be about the same size and talent, but again... too soon.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1337 » by Wizardspride » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1338 » by Wizardspride » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1339 » by Wizardspride » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1340 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Washington Wizards