DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,971

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III 

Post#1042 » by DCZards » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:02 am

NatP4 wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:

belongs in the political thread. what an awful interview lol

I watched the interview. In it's entirety. I'm curious, why did you call it "awful."
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,901

Post#1043 » by CobraCommander » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:01 am

DCZards wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:

I watched the interview. In it's entirety. I'm curious, why did you call it "awful."

Come on you know our boy NatP4 is just trolling/joking to start the year off right. Nothing really awful or insightful about the interview at all. It was an interview fraught with the typical sports, racial and political tropes...so he didnt say anything that you wouldn’t expect him to say.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Post#1044 » by NatP4 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:50 am

CobraCommander wrote:
DCZards wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

Come on you know our boy NatP4 is just trolling/joking to start the year off right. Nothing really awful or insightful about the interview at all. It was an interview fraught with the typical sports, racial and political tropes...so he didnt say anything that you wouldn’t expect him to say.

felt like they were baiting him into "the Undefeated" political agenda. Ask him about the wizards basketball team. Ask him about how the bench acquisitions fit with the team, ask him about replacing Keef, ask him about the eastern conference. Basketball questions
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1045 » by CobraCommander » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:07 am

NatP4 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
DCZards wrote:

felt like they were baiting him into "the Undefeated" political agenda. Ask him about the wizards basketball team. Ask him about how the bench acquisitions fit with the team, ask him about replacing Keef, ask him about the eastern conference. Basketball questions

I totally agree...but these are just quotable quote interviews....like I said....TROPES...

When atheletes go to college and they KNOW for certain they are going to the pros they should take communication or journalism classes- SERIOUSLY. you know that some players are intelligent but they keep getting interviewed in a manner that makes them look like they dont have a single unique thought- thats on the player...but these questions can only be safely answered a few ways!
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#1046 » by dangermouse » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:09 am

If that injury happened to John he would be back in the 3rd quarter but running backwards.

Yes I knocked on wood
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#1047 » by deneem4 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:43 am

wall was incredible tonigh...yea he took a lot of shots and missed a lot of shots but if he can stay this aggressive we may see the finals...
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#1048 » by Dark Faze » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:27 pm

John should run that second unit. Pull him at the 4 minute mark of the first and let Brad and Otto finish out the quarter. Then let John run with the bench to start the second. Then swap in the starters and bench john for a couple minutes then let him close out the half with the starters.

Where John is at right now he doesn't need anyone but a big who can set a screen. He's the one I know can elevate the bench lineup. I don't have confidence in Brad or Otto to do it.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#1049 » by pcbothwel » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Dark Faze wrote:John should run that second unit. Pull him at the 4 minute mark of the first and let Brad and Otto finish out the quarter. Then let John run with the bench to start the second. Then swap in the starters and bench john for a couple minutes then let him close out the half with the starters.

Where John is at right now he doesn't need anyone but a big who can set a screen. He's the one I know can elevate the bench lineup. I don't have confidence in Brad or Otto to do it.

I actually think its interesting. Pull Wall and Gortat so you can run them with Meeks, Oubre, and Scott. All 3 can spread the floor and let Wall and Gortat run the PnR.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#1050 » by payitforward » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:29 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:John should run that second unit. Pull him at the 4 minute mark of the first and let Brad and Otto finish out the quarter. Then let John run with the bench to start the second. Then swap in the starters and bench john for a couple minutes then let him close out the half with the starters.

I actually think its interesting. Pull Wall and Gortat so you can run them with Meeks, Oubre, and Scott. All 3 can spread the floor and let Wall and Gortat run the PnR.

That's a fun idea -- definitely would be fun to see them try it.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1051 » by Wizardspride » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:19 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#1052 » by Shanghai Kid » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:48 pm

I was watching the show Undisputed and Skip Bayless went out of his way in two different segments to say "John Wall isn't in the upper echelon of point guards." Even more insulting is he mentioned something about Wall being the typical 2-guard masquerading as a point guard.

It's such silly analysis. Wall is 6th all time in assists per game for his career. He's never played like a 2 guard.

Obviously it's Skip Bayless so it doesn't come with a lot of credibility, but it's annoying to see that kind of narrative pushed on a highly watched sports show.
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 160

Post#1053 » by Wiz99 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:24 am

Wall crapped the bed tonight in LA.

Missed his last 5 shots in the 4th.

Just 2 pts in OT.

And what was that gawd awful shot at the end?

MVP? Not tonight.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1054 » by FAH1223 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:08 am

Wiz99 wrote:Wall crapped the bed tonight in LA.

Missed his last 5 shots in the 4th.

Just 2 pts in OT.

And what was that gawd awful shot at the end?

MVP? Not tonight.

Read on Twitter
ClutchDJ
Senior
And1: 252

Post#1055 » by ClutchDJ » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:45 pm

I love John, but what irritates me about him is how insecure he is.
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#1056 » by Shanghai Kid » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:46 am

ClutchDJ wrote:I love John, but what irritates me about him is how insecure he is.

The problem is that it effects him on the court. It feels like he was out there gunning to put up big individual stats last night and bombed.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1057 » by CobraCommander » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:05 am

Shanghai Kid wrote:
ClutchDJ wrote:I love John, but what irritates me about him is how insecure he is.

The problem is that it effects him on the court. It feels like he was out there gunning to put up big individual stats last night and bombed.

The gift and the curse.

The chip on his shoulder is why he is a 4 time allstar and why a 6’4” guy that cant shoot makes the NBA as a number1 pick in the same draft as Boogie. But it’s also the reason why we can predict when he is going to have a horrible game...

well game 6 last year made it seem like he had overcome his need to prove himself. But then game 7 happened...
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1058 » by FAH1223 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:41 pm

LMAO. Paul Pierce doesn't give a fu*k!

"37 year old Paul Pierce is the best player John Wall hes ever played with" LOL
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1059 » by NatP4 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:51 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Shanghai Kid wrote:

The gift and the curse.

The chip on his shoulder is why he is a 4 time allstar and why a 6’4” guy that cant shoot makes the NBA as a number1 pick in the same draft as Boogie. But it’s also the reason why we can predict when he is going to have a horrible game...

well game 6 last year made it seem like he had overcome his need to prove himself. But then game 7 happened...

Wall was 9-25 in game 6.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1060 » by NatP4 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Even by that logic from Paul Pierce, Chris Paul is better in that regard. In the “best point guard” convo, people always talk about the guys that “actually play defense” like Wall and Westbrook who actually are not good defenders. Not being able to play off ball isn’t a good thing. Ontop of that, we literally saw what happens when Wall gets away from his strengths in his matchup against Isaiah Thomas. He didn’t defend at all and got outplayed, so it’s hard for me to put Wall over IT even. If you just go by last season. Lowry/Conley/Kemba all had better seasons than Wall

Chris Paul gets no love for being an elite defender and highly efficient scorer.

I go:

Paul
Westbrook
Curry
IT
Lowry
Conley/Wall/Irving/Walker in whatever order

Return to Washington Wizards