ImageImageImageImageImage

John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III 

Post#1101 » by Shanghai Kid » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:01 am

I have a new appreciation for Wall after seeing the team in extended play without him.

No matter what the advanced stats say, I think it's hard for anyone who actually watches our games to actually think Otto Porter is our best player. Otto is an amazing complimentary player, but his mindset and attitude clearly seems to be complimentary.

Beal is an amazing scorer on some nights, but he can't run the offense and he chokes at the free throw line almost every game now. I saw the difference without Wall and I think clearly Wall helps make him a better player.

Even getting good production from our point guard spot, the offense looked so shaky without Wall, yet with Wall we had one of the top offenses in the league.

Anyways just saying, for his faults, I still think Wall is our best player. It looks to me like we would struggle greatly to make the playoffs without Wall.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1102 » by Wizardspride » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#1103 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Bravo, John!
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#1104 » by WizarDynasty » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:29 pm

My fantasy team already dropped from first to third without Wall. Rotto league.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#1105 » by tontoz » Sat Jan 6, 2018 1:51 pm

Since coming back from injury Wall has taken 20 shots in only one game, against Chicago when he played 40 minutes. It seems like he is taking fewer mid-range shots. Maybe he finally got the memo.

Looking at his shot chart last night he took only 4 mid-range shots. It was the same story the last time I checked.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1106 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jan 7, 2018 6:41 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#1107 » by Dark Faze » Mon Jan 8, 2018 4:36 pm

Not sure what he was expecting. It's incredibly hard to get a shoe with Nike. Hopefully Adidas gets him some better designs this go around...
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,901

Post#1108 » by CobraCommander » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:33 am

Dark Faze wrote:Not sure what he was expecting. It's incredibly hard to get a shoe with Nike. Hopefully Adidas gets him some better designs this go around...

If you haven’t been watching - adidas has taken over the streets when it comes to strickly lifestyle shoes- John may have accidentally made the right decision because apart from Jordan Brands Jordan signature throw backs shoes and Kyries - the hottest kicks out right now are all adidas!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ClutchDJ
Senior
And1: 252

Post#1109 » by ClutchDJ » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Read on Twitter
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1110 » by CobraCommander » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:23 pm

ClutchDJ wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not bad! MWGA
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1111 » by Wizardspride » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Read on Twitter
FireErnie702
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#1112 » by FireErnie702 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Good to see John playing at an elite level after another slow start to the season.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1113 » by CobraCommander » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:37 am

FireErnie702 wrote:Good to see John playing at an elite level after another slow start to the season.

Injury ruined his allstar possibilities .... but 19 and 9 is a good year...
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#1114 » by Shanghai Kid » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:44 am

One bright spot is that he's up to around 36% from 3 on the season.

He's had one or two stinkers in January, but otherwise his numbers have been strong.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Post#1115 » by NatP4 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:54 am

Someone show Wall the 3rd quarter footage over and over and over and over and over and over.

We need that Wall. That guy is the 2nd best player in the east
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,971

Post#1116 » by DCZards » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:58 pm

Something is not right with WallStar. I used to think it was his health (especially his knees) but now it looks like it’s more between his ears.

I don’t know whether it’s the coaching, the Zards front office, his teammates, migraine headaches, the negative media coverage, his inconsistent play, the team’s struggles, his love life or something else, but Wall’s facial expressions and body language have displayed a real joylessness recently. And it’s impacting his oncourt performance.

I usually hate to see Wall smiling, talking and generally mucking it up with opponents during games, but lately you don’t even see him doing much of that.

Despite his bravado on and off the court, I sense that JWall is a very insecure person. What he might need more than anything else right now is a psychiatrist or someone he trusts to talk to so he can vent and get out whatever is leading to the mental funk he seems to be in.

I'm reluctant to play amateur shrink but I needed to put this out there for my own sanity.

Go Zards!
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1117 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 pm

DCZards wrote:Something is not right with WallStar. I used to think it was his health (especially his knees) but now it looks like it’s more between his ears.

I don’t know whether it’s the coaching, the Zards front office, his teammates, migraine headaches, the negative media coverage, his inconsistent play, the team’s struggles, his love life or something else, but Wall’s facial expressions and body language have displayed a real joylessness recently. And it’s impacting his oncourt performance.

I usually hate to see Wall smiling, talking and generally mucking it up with opponents during games, but lately you don’t even see him doing much of that.

Despite his bravado on and off the court, I sense that JWall is a very insecure person. What he might need more than anything else right now is a psychiatrist or someone he trusts to talk to so he can vent and get out whatever is leading to the mental funk he seems to be in.

I'm reluctant to play amateur shrink but I needed to put this out there for my own sanity.

Go Zards!

It was pretty striking seeing his body language vs. Westbrook's who was engaged and talking with every teammate... being the leader
ClutchDJ
Senior
And1: 252

Post#1118 » by ClutchDJ » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:09 pm

DCZards wrote:Despite his bravado on and off the court, I sense that JWall is a very insecure person. What he might need more than anything else right now is a psychiatrist or someone he trusts to talk to so he can vent and get out whatever is leading to the mental funk he seems to be in.

I 100% believe this is the problem, & has been since 2015 & will prevent him from being a superstar until he changes.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1119 » by TGW » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:30 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
DCZards wrote:Something is not right with WallStar. I used to think it was his health (especially his knees) but now it looks like it’s more between his ears.

Go Zards!

It was pretty striking seeing his body language vs. Westbrook's who was engaged and talking with every teammate... being the leader

It's simple. This franchise saps the soul out of players. Every franchise player the Wizards have built around ends up leaving/being traded away with delight. There's no joy knowing that you're involved with losers. The Wizards are losers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade demand this summer when he's eligible.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Post#1120 » by NatP4 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:34 pm

What :lol:

Return to Washington Wizards