Page 78 of 81

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:06 am
by Chocolate City Jordanaire
CobraCommander wrote:
trast66 wrote:
80sballboy wrote:Now it says he slipped and fell at home. Uh oh. Non-related basketball activity?


That's a legitimate question. I don't know if it matters under the CBA. I guess the insurance policy that covers his salary would trigger an investigation?


Oh there WILL be an investigation- They found the injury while cleaning out his infection... not saying it sounds fishy...just saying when there is 42 a year on the line there will be an investigation.
I've had a ruptured Achilles.

I believe he has been injured all season. Brooks mentioned that Wall has been playing through pain.

If it snapped via some minor slip in his home (sounds very dubious) it was already ready to pop.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:07 am
by Chocolate City Jordanaire
Demonize Wall.

Make it the players fault.

Pro sports management and owners are treating their employees as if they are chattle.



Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:08 am
by Chocolate City Jordanaire
Now that Wall won't generate a profit loser franchise and mediocre to terrible GM are showing true colors again...

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:04 pm
by Wizardspride
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:38 pm
by Wizardspride
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:06 pm
by nate33
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

He looks pretty slim there.

Heck, he looks better than he sometimes looks in September after an injury-free offseason.

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:09 pm
by Wizardspride
nate33 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

He looks pretty slim there.

Heck, he looks better than he sometimes looks in September after an injury-free offseason.

Yeah, I had similar thoughts.

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:18 pm
by Dat2U
I don't like he's with the same trainer but he does appear slimmer. With his wheels he really should avoid bulking up at this point. 205-210 lbs I think would be ideal with his frame. He looked 225-230 last season.

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:16 pm
by TGW
I don't care what anyone has to say about the guy. Love him. He's not going to let this destroy him.

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:11 pm
by pcbothwel
TGW wrote:I don't care what anyone has to say about the guy. Love him. He's not going to let this destroy him.


Agreed... I have said it before, but people are going to be shocked at how well Wall comes back.
He is a freak athlete and he is driven to overcome this.

Also, People keep saying random stats like "At best he'll be 80% of what he was at his peak". While I dont necessarily disagree, people seem to think 80% of what he last was...

But he was hobbled by knee and most recently, Achilles, issues for the last few years.
I think those ailments behind him will allow him to be a little more consistent day to day, even if he is a slightly reduced version.

And John isnt some quick IT/Brandon Jennings type Guard. The man is 6'4, 210 lbs and strong as hell. He has the frame (Like Kidd and Andre Miller) to age must easier even as his speed leaves him.

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:43 pm
by Wizardspride
nate33 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

He looks pretty slim there.

Heck, he looks better than he sometimes looks in September after an injury-free offseason.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:55 pm
by Wizardspride
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:04 pm
by Wizardspride
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm
by Ruzious
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

John's got a tough year ahead of him. I've heard rehabbing from a torn achilles is extraordinarily painful, and he's gotta do it knowing he can't play and help his teammates. All while getting paid 40 m... I'll leave that part out.

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:48 pm
by Illmatic12
Update: Johnathan Hildred is looking like a beast out here

Image

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:42 pm
by TGW
Da phuck? Is dude taking PEDs?

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:22 am
by doclinkin
TGW wrote:Da phuck? Is dude taking PEDs?


Elite athlete who hasn't been able to exercise his legs, what do you expect him to do? All the motivation he's been getting from hearing his 'fans' trying to throw him at other teams. He's going to work on what he can work on. Speed isn't the only thing in John's game. I liked his quotes from SL about how he has been watching from the outside and learning and he sounded humbled and focused and mature what with the birth of his son and his mother's health scare. Basketball saved his life as a kid. It is how he expresses his spirit. I expect him to come back with vengeance in his heart and victory and vindication as his goal. This John is going to fight through some picks and punish the pick on the way.

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:01 am
by truwizfan4evr
John wall said all the bad criticism and the injury really humbled him. He said he's going to prove so many folks wrong. I really hope he take care of himself and stop going to night clubs. He needs to rebuild his reputation around the league.

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:03 am
by truwizfan4evr
doclinkin wrote:
TGW wrote:Da phuck? Is dude taking PEDs?


Elite athlete who hasn't been able to exercise his legs, what do you expect him to do? All the motivation he's been getting from hearing his 'fans' trying to throw him at other teams. He's going to work on what he can work on. Speed isn't the only thing in John's game. I liked his quotes from SL about how he has been watching from the outside and learning and he sounded humbled and focused and mature what with the birth of his son and his mother's health scare. Basketball saved his life as a kid. It is how he expresses his spirit. I expect him to come back with vengeance in his heart and victory and vindication as his goal. This John is going to fight through some picks and punish the pick on the way.

I glad it humbled him. Enough of the tough guy act and parties non stop. Just work on getting healthy and back to playing shape.

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Posted: Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:18 am
by DCZards
truwizfan4evr wrote:John wall said all the bad criticism and the injury really humbled him. He said he's going to prove so many folks wrong. I really hope he take care of himself and stop going to night clubs. He needs to rebuild his reputation around the league.


Are you sure that JW said the "bad criticism and the injury really humbled him?" I don't recall reading that or hearing him say that.

It is clear, however, that the doubters have motivated him.