John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 884

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III 

Post#1881 » by badinage » Thu Sep 1, 2022 4:13 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
When John admitted to almost being "suicidal" it took my mind so many places.

I just wish he could understand that going through the worst can enable you and empower you to see each blessing. He's been too focused on expectations.

I hope he will embrace the good. Help someone else.

There's been others (pif, doclinkin, and here in Hawaii a couple people) who haven't let me lose focus of goodness.

We are not alone. Our presence blesses others. WE HAVE MUCH TO OFFER.

John I hope learns his smile can encourage. Just a random word of encouragement to someone else can affirm.

If he never does a darn thing on the court SO WHAT?

The main thing is get all the mental health assistance you need. Sometimes a person can make a huge difference. I know. A counselor. A benefactor. Someone who can clean up when you're not up. Someone who can remind you of wise choices.

John I hope doesn't isolate. I'm praying that God will reveal himself in John.

A thought is just a thought but checking out is NOT an option.

Sent from my SM-A536U using RealGM mobile app

Beautifully said. Powerfully said.

I appreciate you, my friend.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,323

Post#1882 » by nate33 » Thu Sep 1, 2022 2:05 pm

Summer footage is basically worthless, but I'm just going to post this because it's interesting:

Wall's 3P shot is looking pretty wet.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#1883 » by payitforward » Thu Sep 1, 2022 2:21 pm

badinage wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
When John admitted to almost being "suicidal" it took my mind so many places.

I just wish he could understand that going through the worst can enable you and empower you to see each blessing. He's been too focused on expectations.

There's been others (pif, doclinkin, and here in Hawaii a couple people) who haven't let me lose focus of goodness.

John I hope learns his smile can encourage. Just a random word of encouragement to someone else can affirm.

The main thing is get all the mental health assistance you need. Sometimes a person can make a huge difference. I know. A counselor. A benefactor. Someone who can clean up when you're not up. Someone who can remind you of wise choices.

Me too -- a lot.

Human experience is not lost on you, Ken. You bring a lot to those around you.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,912

Post#1884 » by CobraCommander » Thu Sep 1, 2022 2:29 pm

nate33 wrote:Summer footage is basically worthless, but I'm just going to post this because it's interesting:

Wall's 3P shot is looking pretty wet.

This is the best summer league defense I have seen in a while lol.... and I got to all the Crawford and some atl games...

WallStar shot looks a lot quicker from gather to release. Of course we don’t see FG% but the motion definitely looks more fluid...but damn dude has had years to work on his shot. It should be better
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1885 » by CobraCommander » Thu Sep 1, 2022 2:32 pm

payitforward wrote:
badinage wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:When John admitted to almost being "suicidal" it took my mind so many places.

Me too -- a lot.

Human experience is not lost on you, Ken. You bring a lot to those around you.

Here here.....thanks for always reminding us of the human element with the players.

Wall is The DMVs Iverson. Yeah no ring but so what we love him non-the less.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#1886 » by payitforward » Thu Sep 1, 2022 2:36 pm

John looking like he might have just a little something left in the tank!

Thomas Bryant working hard as well -- hope he has a strong start with the Lakers. Such a quality kid -- got to root for him.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1887 » by CobraCommander » Thu Sep 1, 2022 3:51 pm

payitforward wrote:John looking like he might have just a little something left in the tank!

Thomas Bryant working hard as well -- hope he has a strong start with the Lakers. Such a quality kid -- got to root for him.

TB is quality - Think Diamond Stone that cares about ball lol
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1888 » by CobraCommander » Thu Sep 1, 2022 3:52 pm

Btw....all these summer league pictures makes WallStar look “skinny fat”. wall looking like he gonna be a Barkley post career vs a tMac
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#1889 » by barelyawake » Thu Sep 1, 2022 3:53 pm

It’s truly unfair what happened to Wall, Arenas and to some extent Beal. Wall was attacked viciously as a kid by Jordan’s agent, news pals and Space Jam friends (before he was even drafted). Having the refs, media and infrastructure of the league against you from the get, merely because the team that drafted you fired the GOAT, is criminal. Seriously, f’ this league for that s’.

Otto Porter went through it. Javelle. Kwame. Others. Thankfully, Wall is a team removed from wearing a Wizards jersey, so some people can begin viewing him without the “anti-wizards” goggles on. This hamster wheel of hell we have been on isn’t just about our owner, GM and talent. It is a systemic problem. And one with a reason for the bias.

I hope Wall wins a ring, this season.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#1890 » by Dark Faze » Thu Sep 1, 2022 8:11 pm

TB has been in the league like 4 years now and his body looks like it hasn't changed since he was a rookie.

Love Wall. Just hoping he can keep his starting spot this year, assuming he gets it.
GoneShammGone
Junior
And1: 168

Post#1891 » by GoneShammGone » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:51 pm

Everybody should read this (warning: it is not an easy read, and touches on self-harm)...

https://signature.theplayerstribune.com/john-wall-nba-basketball-los-angeles-clippers/p/1

One thing I want to say... I don't know why John Wall was traded. But *if* (and I recognize that it is a big *if*) the rumors are true and Ted L initiated the process because of John's partying and instagram behavior... well seriously, that proves once and for all that Ted Leonsis is a garbage human being. A little spoiler for the piece above, John addresses that time in his life and mentions that he was partying a lot to dull the pain that he was experiencing. He had just lost his mother to cancer. He describes it as the darkest time of his life. So Ted, just a thought, when one of your players is acting out of character in a way that you find uncomfortable, and it happens to be the case that he has just been through an personal tragedy, maybe, just maybe, you should call him up and find out if he is ok?
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1892 » by CobraCommander » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:43 pm

GoneShammGone wrote:Everybody should read this (warning: it is not an easy read, and touches on self-harm)...

https://signature.theplayerstribune.com/john-wall-nba-basketball-los-angeles-clippers/p/1

One thing I want to say... I don't know why John Wall was traded. But *if* (and I recognize that it is a big *if*) the rumors are true and Ted L initiated the process because of John's partying and instagram behavior... well seriously, that proves once and for all that Ted Leonsis is a garbage human being. A little spoiler for the piece above, John addresses that time in his life and mentions that he was partying a lot to dull the pain that he was experiencing. He had just lost his mother to cancer. He describes it as the darkest time of his life. So Ted, just a thought, when one of your players is acting out of character in a way that you find uncomfortable, and it happens to be the case that he has just been through an personal tragedy, maybe, just maybe, you should call him up and find out if he is ok?

Best line in article is from Wallstar when he would talk about getting kicked out of school for acting up and would be walking to his moms waiting car:

“I would come out walking to car with my hands up like they called a bad foul”

Couldn’t stop laughing at this… cause I can imagine baby Wallstar complaining about the call!

Love the article but how does trading Wall make Ted a bad guy. When you read the article John says himself he was drinking and partying to mask the pain. John wasn’t even letting his own guys know- per the article. So how is Ted supposed to know John was struggling with depression vs partying too damn hard while injured?

I love wall and I know depression is real and serious, but it’s hard to accept that Wall was at once hiding the seriousness of his illness so well that no one acknowledged he needed help AND that Ted should have known. If that’s the case Brad should have known and demanded that the wiz not trade him… which is ridiculous right? But if Beal would have said, trading John right now could cost him his life and I will leave asap if you do that, John doesn’t get traded.

All this conjecture and fake speculation on my part is simply to say, what makes depression so damn deadly is you can’t tell if your friend that parties to hard just parties to hard because he is Crazy J or because he is mommas boy and his mother died… we gotta keep our eyes open and be ready to support our friends and family-

even though I disagree with Ted being called garbage for trading wall… Ted is garbage for 10000 other things- just not this…

Thanks for posting
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#1893 » by AFM » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:52 pm

Nice piece…thanks for posting.
GoneShammGone
Junior
And1: 168

Post#1894 » by GoneShammGone » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:33 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
GoneShammGone wrote:Everybody should read this (warning: it is not an easy read, and touches on self-harm)...

Best line in article is from Wallstar when he would talk about getting kicked out of school for acting up and would be walking to his moms waiting car:

Couldn’t stop laughing at this… cause I can imagine baby Wallstar complaining about the call!

Love the article but how does trading Wall make Ted a bad guy. When you read the article John says himself he was drinking and partying to mask the pain. John wasn’t even letting his own guys know- per the article. So how is Ted supposed to know John was struggling with depression vs partying too damn hard while injured?

I love wall and I know depression is real and serious, but it’s hard to accept that Wall was at once hiding the seriousness of his illness so well that no one acknowledged he needed help AND that Ted should have known. If that’s the case Brad should have known and demanded that the wiz not trade him… which is ridiculous right? But if Beal would have said, trading John right now could cost him his life and I will leave asap if you do that, John doesn’t get traded.

All this conjecture and fake speculation on my part is simply to say, what makes depression so damn deadly is you can’t tell if your friend that parties to hard just parties to hard because he is Crazy J or because he is mommas boy and his mother died… we gotta keep our eyes open and be ready to support our friends and family-

even though I disagree with Ted being called garbage for trading wall… Ted is garbage for 10000 other things- just not this…

Thanks for posting

Thanks for the thoughtful reply Cobra. I get what you are saying. I think I was just a little emotional last night, posting right after I read the piece. It's probably unfair to blame anyone for not seeing that John was in trouble, when by his own account, he was hiding it so well that none of those closest to him knew it. Still, it is a reminder---pay attention to those around you who may be hurting.

But Ted is still garbage. :evil:
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1895 » by CobraCommander » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:46 pm

GoneShammGone wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

Thanks for posting

Thanks for the thoughtful reply Cobra. I get what you are saying. I think I was just a little emotional last night, posting right after I read the piece. It's probably unfair to blame anyone for not seeing that John was in trouble, when by his own account, he was hiding it so well that none of those closest to him knew it. Still, it is a reminder---pay attention to those around you who may be hurting.

But Ted is still garbage. :evil:

We agree....Ted is still garbage and again thank you for posting this in the John wall appreciation thread. John wanted to be a wiz for life...I do think the wiz should have known that and handled the trade differently. Again the wiz suck at so many things it’s hard to pick just one
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1896 » by montestewart » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:53 am

Many people have an expectation that grief, even their own grief, should pass more quickly than it really does. Wall was injured while dealing with grief and depression. Competing in NBA games might have offered him some respite, but that was unavailable to him. Because men are taught that they should not grieve naturally (lest we show weakness), many men have difficulty expressing grief or observing grief in another man. I imagine grief in the locker room is often a lonely affair. From personal experience, hard partying often seems like a reasonable alternative.

Sorry to hear that Wall was dealing with that. I don’t know enough to condemn anyone as heartless. It a business, I don’t expect much loyalty, and I was not against trading Wall. Still, if everyone doesn’t get all defensive, maybe his words will have some impact on at least some of the Wizards players and staff who were with him at the time.

Oh yeah, Terd sucks, shout out to Wall, go Wiz!
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#1897 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:11 am

barelyawake wrote:It’s truly unfair what happened to Wall, Arenas and to some extent Beal. Wall was attacked viciously as a kid by Jordan’s agent, news pals and Space Jam friends (before he was even drafted). Having the refs, media and infrastructure of the league against you from the get, merely because the team that drafted you fired the GOAT, is criminal. Seriously, f’ this league for that s’.

Otto Porter went through it. Javelle. Kwame. Others. Thankfully, Wall is a team removed from wearing a Wizards jersey, so some people can begin viewing him without the “anti-wizards” goggles on. This hamster wheel of hell we have been on isn’t just about our owner, GM and talent. It is a systemic problem. And one with a reason for the bias.

Gerald Wallace rolled on Gilbert Arenas' knee. I think Gilbert rehabbed far too quickly. I KNOW Eddie Jordan plucked up playing Gil 40 mins each game coming back still injured.

(Perhaps similar to RG3 and Shanahan. Coach not having stones to tell young buck sit down shut up lemme be coach and you heal.)

As far as I'm concerned Ted and Ernie did Gil dirty. Whoever called DC METRO PD
and advised him to bring the weapons back... SNITCH. BAMFer. Basically ruined a dumb dude. Zach Randolph. Memphis did right by their guy. Ernie backed the bus over Gil in the media BEFORE due process after dude already got shoddy betrayed.

All because Crittenton was the true threat.

This is still hurtful to recall.

Washington...SMDH

David Falk and MJ were fresh off

Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#1898 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:18 am

barelyawake wrote:It’s truly unfair what happened to Wall, Arenas and to some extent Beal. Wall was attacked viciously as a kid by Jordan’s agent, news pals and Space Jam friends (before he was even drafted). Having the refs, media and infrastructure of the league against you from the get, merely because the team that drafted you fired the GOAT, is criminal. Seriously, f’ this league for that s’.

Me, too.

John winning a ring...I'll be most ecstatic!

Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager

Post#1899 » by AFM » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:48 am

This is old but thought some of you might like to see it

AFM
General Manager

Post#1900 » by AFM » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:11 am

Hey Terd,

This is what a sincere human looks like.

I really hate what this franchise did to john. Dumping him over, what a snapchat video?

I could go on about money only solving money problems vs happiness but I think you all get it.

Return to Washington Wizards