Re: Random Thoughts Thread Part 4 

Post#1001 » by dobrojim » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:52 am

montestewart wrote:
dobrojim wrote:To no particular person

lose and loose

2 similar sounding words but with very different meanings

lose is the opposite of win

loose is the opposite of tight

I understand typos happen but what I often see does not appear in many cases to be a typo.

Regardless, when I see the misuse, I know what was intended. Sorry for being a dick.
Being prone to the above misuse doesn't mean anyone is less intelligent.

Sorry dobro, you loost me.

I was about to respond seriously but just in time, I see what you did.

He (or she) who laughs last, thinks slowest.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#1002 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:22 pm

The odds of me moving back to Ohio are getting higher and higher. I'm going to lose (loose?) the Wizards and gain... the Bluejackets? I guess? Since I'll be in Columbus, which despite being the 14th most populous city now (after being basically the only city in Ohio to enjoy constant population growth since the seventies) has no pro bball team. I guess I could adopt the Cavs.

Feeling really homesick for Ohio. My wife is kinda meh about moving back, but we'll be upgrading our living situation significantly, which she is looking forward to. Going from food desert Anacostia to walking distance to a Krogers in downtown Columbus so I can walk to buy dinner every day and walk off some of this covid fluff.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#1003 » by montestewart » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:33 am

Zonkerbl wrote:The odds of me moving back to Ohio are getting higher and higher. I'm going to lose (loose?) the Wizards and gain... the Bluejackets? I guess? Since I'll be in Columbus, which despite being the 14th most populous city now (after being basically the only city in Ohio to enjoy constant population growth since the seventies) has no pro bball team. I guess I could adopt the Cavs.

Feeling really homesick for Ohio. My wife is kinda meh about moving back, but we'll be upgrading our living situation significantly, which she is looking forward to. Going from food desert Anacostia to walking distance to a Krogers in downtown Columbus so I can walk to buy dinner every day and walk off some of this covid fluff.

You'll be in Dat and Nate country.You can start a Wiz expats club
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1004 » by Ruzious » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:35 pm

Read on Twitter
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#1005 » by payitforward » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:11 pm

Wow!! That lost one really loost me.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#1006 » by bsilver » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:45 pm

Does everyone see the same commercials on the Wizards games? It gets so annoying to see the same ones every game, many times per game. Good thing the basketball season eventually ends.

Greenlight financial software for kids - What a dumb idea. Let them just play and learn the old fashion stuff at school. And don't make me feel like a pervert for enjoying the hot teenage girl on top of the car and mowing the lawn.

Curology - Good looking "My confidence blew up!" guy surrounded by good looking girls. Reminds me too much of the way high school wasn't.

"Live your bet life" - Depressing. Is that what we really want more than anything?

The one with the fat ugly guys paying full price for their tickets. Please stop picking on these people.

Sports gambling ad with the very odd looking, and unusually shaped spokeswoman. Seems like a strange way to get your attention, but it gets mine.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1007 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:09 pm

GO BENGALS!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! THE TEAM I GREW UP ROOTING FOR FINALLY IN THE SUPERBOWL AGAIN!!!!

I honestly thought I'd die before I saw them in the superbowl again.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,152

Post#1008 » by AFM » Tue Feb 1, 2022 1:36 am

You still might, don't count your chickens before they hatch
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1009 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Feb 1, 2022 2:38 am

AFM wrote:You still might, don't count your chickens before they hatch

Fair
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1010 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 7, 2022 11:22 am

Read on Twitter

One of them seems a bit different than the others.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,044

Post#1011 » by queridiculo » Mon Feb 7, 2022 1:16 pm

AFM wrote:You still might, don't count your chickens before they hatch

Daaark.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#1012 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Feb 7, 2022 10:53 pm

Totally random thought here...

In the movie Saving Private Ryan the Seargent has a heroic ending...

Knowing that he is mortally wounded with enemy over running all around him the guy just keeps squeezing off the trigger until he's got no more rounds left

For about the last hour and a half I have posted a bunch of crap in the draft thread that I will edit.. just felt like saying it on my little small cell phone using the voice feature which does not correctly interpret anything I say

I just felt like squeezing off a bunch of opinions
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1013 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Feb 7, 2022 11:44 pm

One question I will ask God in the next life is why did I obsess over this basketball team when it was so much more I could be doing with my life...
Bye bye Beal.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,343

Post#1014 » by doclinkin » Tue Feb 8, 2022 2:05 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:One question I will ask God in the next life is why did I obsess over this basketball team when it was so much more I could be doing with my life...

HA! :clown:
RealGM

Post#1015 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 8, 2022 3:04 am

doclinkin wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:One question I will ask God in the next life is why did I obsess over this basketball team when it was so much more I could be doing with my life...

It wasn't the traumatic brain injury which oh by the way did I ever tell you that they discovered that's what I had?

I got a bunch of treatments at brain health Hawaii because they said I have had a bunch of concussions. On one particular side of my brain and I think I know how it happened and it really wasn't from contact Sports I don't think or anything else like hit upside the head

The treatment known as TMS or repetitive TMS actually works really well
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1016 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 8, 2022 3:05 am

No baby it wasn't even my Ex-Wives it was them jolly Dern Wizards
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1017 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 8, 2022 3:06 am

Most of my problems can be rooted in not being a Lakers homer fan from the start

Total joke and I am not Norm MacDonald with this board is so dead it doesn’t even matter right now

Oh sure I had a serious little man complex and a hormone green abusive dad who was sort of verbally and ass bucket and of course my mom was an alcoholic who love Jesus alive but oh man know that **** made me **** up

Whoremongering and go back and read that last paragraph and it is truly hilarious

If I'd only been a front-running LeBron James or Michael Jordan Fanboy or Magic Johnson Fanboy I guess I would have been okay
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1018 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 8, 2022 3:07 am

But I embrace my inner Joe Pesci even if I am a big black dude

EDITED (Super Sunday 2/13): Thinks of me as a 300lb Darryl Green otherwise double... :D :crazy: :P :nod:

I'm still 5'8" ish, seem like I could be 5'9" some days....

But, at 305 or 310, I still back pedal fast as hell...

And, ladies at the pool and the gay don't even lemme wear tight board shorts for the eyeballin and eye **** they do
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1019 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 8, 2022 7:23 am

This may fall on deaf ears and if it does so be it.

What needs to happen is rotating lineups with only three guys that are always Starting players and two positions that are flux

Any particular game the coach needs to plan on using only nine or 10 players and the guys who are deactivated need to be on crew rest or maintenance or wellness or mental health or whatever you wanna call it

Guys should literally not dress for a game but they should have their bags packed just in case they need to change
in case of an injury

The problem of expecting certain players to play in the way things have been done is what is seriously wrong with the game but the smart coaches know how to find a way around it by putting certain guys out Supposedly injured

When I get to a real computer on tomorrow I will edit everything that is
Not making much sense
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1020 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 8, 2022 7:25 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

It wasn't the traumatic brain injury which oh by the way did I ever tell you that they discovered that's what I had?

I got a bunch of treatments at brain health Hawaii because they said I have had a bunch of concussions. On one particular side of my brain and I think I know how it happened and it really wasn't from contact Sports I don't think or anything else like hit upside the head

The treatment known as TMS or repetitive TMS actually works really well

Or maybe I’m just lying because I know that was too much information and nobody’s business
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards