Re: Random Thoughts Thread Part 4 

Post#1001 » by dobrojim » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:52 am

montestewart wrote:
dobrojim wrote:To no particular person

lose and loose

2 similar sounding words but with very different meanings

lose is the opposite of win

loose is the opposite of tight

I understand typos happen but what I often see does not appear in many cases to be a typo.

Regardless, when I see the misuse, I know what was intended. Sorry for being a dick.
Being prone to the above misuse doesn't mean anyone is less intelligent.

Sorry dobro, you loost me.

I was about to respond seriously but just in time, I see what you did.

He (or she) who laughs last, thinks slowest.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,802

Post#1002 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:22 pm

The odds of me moving back to Ohio are getting higher and higher. I'm going to lose (loose?) the Wizards and gain... the Bluejackets? I guess? Since I'll be in Columbus, which despite being the 14th most populous city now (after being basically the only city in Ohio to enjoy constant population growth since the seventies) has no pro bball team. I guess I could adopt the Cavs.

Feeling really homesick for Ohio. My wife is kinda meh about moving back, but we'll be upgrading our living situation significantly, which she is looking forward to. Going from food desert Anacostia to walking distance to a Krogers in downtown Columbus so I can walk to buy dinner every day and walk off some of this covid fluff.
CRAZY. STUPID. LOUD.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,140

Post#1003 » by montestewart » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:33 am

Zonkerbl wrote:The odds of me moving back to Ohio are getting higher and higher. I'm going to lose (loose?) the Wizards and gain... the Bluejackets? I guess? Since I'll be in Columbus, which despite being the 14th most populous city now (after being basically the only city in Ohio to enjoy constant population growth since the seventies) has no pro bball team. I guess I could adopt the Cavs.

Feeling really homesick for Ohio. My wife is kinda meh about moving back, but we'll be upgrading our living situation significantly, which she is looking forward to. Going from food desert Anacostia to walking distance to a Krogers in downtown Columbus so I can walk to buy dinner every day and walk off some of this covid fluff.

You'll be in Dat and Nate country.You can start a Wiz expats club

Return to Washington Wizards