Random Thoughts Thread Part 4

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Re: Random Thoughts Thread Part 4 

Post#1221 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:23 pm

Reviews are saying the only thing that distinguishes the Mustang Mach-E from other evs is the name. There's a couple other things I'm looking for though, for example I need to have a weatherproof charger installed out behind my house in the alley where I have an off-street parking space. I know for a fact that Ford will do this because they call it out specifically on their page, a few of the other cars I'm interested in don't say anything about it. So I'd have to go in for a test drive and subject myself to a high pressure sales job just to find out if the car I'm looking at has the features I want, yuck. I also want to be able to plug my phone directly in, or have the car detect my phone over bluetooth, and have my google maps integrated directly into the dashboard. The mustang doesn't have "google built in" yet, I'd have to do a test drive to see if/how they've implemented it and if it sucks. The android auto I'm using in my 2017 kia is getting worse and worse because it's not supported by google anymore.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#1222 » by WallToWall » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:14 am

Just found out the hard way that the RealGM app is no longer available in the Apple App Store. If you have it already installed on your Apple device, don’t uninstall. Anyone aware of alternatives?
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#1223 » by dobrojim » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:51 am

Doing my part to help the economy. I bought a Rav4 Prime today.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1224 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:23 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Wasn't sure wherec to put this, but Dan Campbell getting multiple key Lions players hurt on Sunday was a total clown show. :clown: Saying here now...that dude will never win anything. :nonono:

Looked like I might be proven wrong about this but, of course, "Lions gonna Lion". :lol: All that go-for-it-on-4th stuff is cute in the regular season but in the playoffs you gotta take the points. :clown:

Gotta wonder how much of Campbell's recklessness has been overcome by the OC he's about to lose. Detroit could crash harder than the Eagles if they don't bring in the right OC who can give Campbell's bad decisions at least a decent chance of working out.
PaulinVA
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#1225 » by PaulinVA » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:48 pm

Didn't know where to put this, but it looks like the Orioles are being SOLD!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Read on Twitter
?s=20
PaulinVA
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#1226 » by PaulinVA » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:35 am

"That wasn’t the only crazy tale Massenburg had to share about Bias and Jordan, though. The former Terrapin star believed that Bias’ relationship with Jordan was so strong that it nearly resulted in him going to Maryland instead of UNC.

“They met at 5 Star, and they formed a friendship at 5 Star,” Tony Massenburg said on Hoop Dreams with Agee & Gates. “A lot of people don’t know this, Michael Jordan, if he had not went to Carolina, was coming to Maryland. Michael Jordan had Maryland as one of his final schools. He ended up staying in Carolina, and Imma say partly, he didn’t come to Maryland because of Adrian Branch. He always competed against Adrian. But Michael Jordan and Len Bias were cool, they were cool.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/he-was-not-the-athlete-that-len-bias-was-tony-massenburg-shares-why-len-bias-was-a-better-prospect-than-michael-jordan/ar-BB1hPirg?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=fc347ea48b024420975676a823d6b4cf&ei=44
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#1227 » by pancakes3 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:11 pm

Garrett Temple is 37 years old and older than Horford?! I guess he's perpetually a 29 year old journeyman in my mind.
Bullets -> Wizards
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1228 » by dobrojim » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:42 pm

What with my son being a grad student at VCU (in Sports Leadership), I started following their
men's BB team. Interesting collection of players and style of play. Big W yesterday vs UMass.
And after not looking the least bit likely, they now have a legit chance to make the dance.
Go Rams.

PS - my son is definitely enjoying life in the (SL) Program. He's up at the Barclay C now
for the A10 tourney. And earlier this year when VCU home games were occasionally
on TV, he had a job which had him sitting at the official's scorer's table which meant
every once in a while he'd be clearly in the pix. He's got a press row seat for the A10 tourney.
Fun times for the young man.

dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1229 » by dobrojim » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:40 pm

VCU is a win away. Exciting times for Rams fans.
Nice W today over a scrappy St Joes team.

dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1230 » by dobrojim » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:27 pm

Dreadful first half too much to overcome for the Rams <sigh>.
Good 2nd half run comes up short.

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#1231 » by Kanyewest » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:28 am

Looks like VCU is playing Villanova, although if last year is any indication Villanova didn't play a couple of their key guys in the NIT last season although it is the final season I believe for Dixon and Moore so maybe they play well. Also have Hakim Hart from Maryland via the transfer portal.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1232 » by dobrojim » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

Successful weekend driving resulted in my finding relatively clear skies in the middle of the eclipse
totality path. I'm very fortunately to be able to say I've now seen 3 total eclipses under good conditions:
VA Beach 1971
Franklin NC 2017
Enosburg VT 2024

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1233 » by montestewart » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:40 pm

dobrojim wrote:Successful weekend driving resulted in my finding relatively clear skies in the middle of the eclipse
totality path. I'm very fortunately to be able to say I've now seen 3 total eclipses under good conditions:
VA Beach 1971
Franklin NC 2017
Enosburg VT 2024

I watched in Ohio, also saw one in 2017 in Tennessee. Let’s plan to fly to Iceland for the 2026 eclipse
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#1234 » by AFM » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:44 pm

He's seen more eclipses than Wizards' 50 win seasons, brutal

Return to Washington Wizards