ImageImageImageImageImage

Random Thoughts Thread Part 4

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

trast66
Senior
And1: 374

Re: Random Thoughts Thread Part 4 

Post#801 » by trast66 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:10 am

payitforward wrote:Can't believe no one is in here hashing over Game of Thrones....

S8 and S7 were very disappointing. I thought the finale was close to parody. Beautiful to watch, cast was excellent, words did not make sense.

GRRM value over replacement writer had to be 10+ to put in analytics terms.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 8,834

Post#802 » by Phish Tank » Mon May 27, 2019 2:20 am

OT (knick fan here)

But do any of y'all that browse/use Twitter heard of Bryan Ohringer? If not, it's a hilarious follow

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob/Okobo
SG: Hield/Huerter/
SF: Huerter/Hunter/Melo
PF: Skal/Melo/PJ
C: Jaxson Hayes/Willy/
Exempt: Edy Tavares

Inactive: Waiters, Swanigan, Leuer, Snell, Louis King, Smailagic
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 4,881

Post#803 » by montestewart » Mon May 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Phish Tank wrote:OT (knick fan here)

But do any of y'all that browse/use Twitter heard of Bryan Ohringer? If not, it's a hilarious follow

Beloved former Wizards video coordinator Bryan "You Spelled My Name Wrong Again" Oringher.

I'm not on Twitter. What's he up to these days?
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 8,834

Post#804 » by Phish Tank » Tue May 28, 2019 12:04 am

montestewart wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:OT (knick fan here)

Beloved former Wizards video coordinator Bryan "You Spelled My Name Wrong Again" Oringher.

I'm not on Twitter. What's he up to these days?

a lot. Here's a good place to start:

Read on Twitter

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob/Okobo
SG: Hield/Huerter/
SF: Huerter/Hunter/Melo
PF: Skal/Melo/PJ
C: Jaxson Hayes/Willy/
Exempt: Edy Tavares

Inactive: Waiters, Swanigan, Leuer, Snell, Louis King, Smailagic
barelyawake
Lead Assistant
And1: 575

Post#805 » by barelyawake » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Hey folks. Been awhile. Looked for the art thread. Didn’t see. Forget how to find. Been awhile.

Just wanted to say for those interested, our company Abrams Wearable, is going to be featured in the DC fashion show. Two years ago, I would have said, “DC has a fashion scene?” Two years ago, I would have never thought I’d own a jewelry company. I don’t even wear a watch. But, apparently it’s becoming one of the most influential fashion spots outside of LA and New York. This city is blowing up. I’d love to have those “free agents don’t want to come to this city” arguments now.

Anyway, so the show is being held in the Smithsonian, and we also have been asked to show in major museums in San Francisco, Charlotte, San Diego and here at the Renwick.

Sorry I haven’t read mail in a long time, and will get back to those who wrote. Hope all is well.

Oh, PS we have been gathering somewhat of a celebrity following. Sivan the star of that Chambers show buys our stuff; the new girl from the Walking Dead; a couple Dallas Cheerleaders; some musicians; Ashley Hatch star of the local soccer team. Hopefully, more after the shows. Or it all blows up. Crazy ride so far though.
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 243

Post#806 » by daSwami » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:00 pm

This is probably the wrong thread for this, but I'm pleased to report I have finally cut the cable cord. I live in Charlottesville, and have previously watched Wiz games on Comcast, but that's no longer an option. Right now I'm just using a Roku and rabbit ears for my TV needs. My question for the Wiz board hive mind: how do I watch NBA games w/o cable? I vaguely recall this topic being discussed on this board previously, but I'm too lazy to search for it. Also - I'm not too tech savvy. Thanks.
1) Fire Ernie. 2) Tank for Zion. 3) Forgive.
doclinkin
General Manager
And1: 1,506

Post#807 » by doclinkin » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:34 pm

daSwami wrote:This is probably the wrong thread for this, but I'm pleased to report I have finally cut the cable cord. I live in Charlottesville, and have previously watched Wiz games on Comcast, but that's no longer an option. Right now I'm just using a Roku and rabbit ears for my TV needs. My question for the Wiz board hive mind: how do I watch NBA games w/o cable? I vaguely recall this topic being discussed on this board previously, but I'm too lazy to search for it. Also - I'm not too tech savvy. Thanks.

reddit had a thread on streaming links. It may have been killed but I think it may periodically pop up again. I have had luck with streaming online from various sites but you need robust pop-up blockers and ad blockers

atdhe and firstrowsports worked but may have gotten worse. I also used them to watch Euroleague games. but the reddit sites were curated with notes telling you which had less vigorous pop ups etc.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 1,238

Post#808 » by Kanyewest » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:12 pm

doclinkin wrote:
daSwami wrote:This is probably the wrong thread for this, but I'm pleased to report I have finally cut the cable cord. I live in Charlottesville, and have previously watched Wiz games on Comcast, but that's no longer an option. Right now I'm just using a Roku and rabbit ears for my TV needs. My question for the Wiz board hive mind: how do I watch NBA games w/o cable? I vaguely recall this topic being discussed on this board previously, but I'm too lazy to search for it. Also - I'm not too tech savvy. Thanks.

reddit had a thread on streaming links. It may have been killed but I think it may periodically pop up again. I have had luck with streaming online from various sites but you need robust pop-up blockers and ad blockers

atdhe and firstrowsports worked but may have gotten worse. I also used them to watch Euroleague games. but the reddit sites were curated with notes telling you which had less vigorous pop ups etc.

NBARedditstreams is officially dead :( - It will be interesting to see if anything pop ups on Discord or Twitch.

This article seems to talk about possible option including Sling, FoboTV, YoutubeTV, HuluTV among others
https://www.groundedreason.com/watch-nba-online-without-cable/

Return to Washington Wizards