ImageImageImageImageImage

Random Thoughts Thread Part 4

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

trast66
Rookie
And1: 611

Re: Random Thoughts Thread Part 4 

Post#801 » by trast66 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:10 am

payitforward wrote:Can't believe no one is in here hashing over Game of Thrones....

S8 and S7 were very disappointing. I thought the finale was close to parody. Beautiful to watch, cast was excellent, words did not make sense.

GRRM value over replacement writer had to be 10+ to put in analytics terms.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#802 » by Phish Tank » Mon May 27, 2019 2:20 am

OT (knick fan here)

But do any of y'all that browse/use Twitter heard of Bryan Ohringer? If not, it's a hilarious follow
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#803 » by montestewart » Mon May 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Phish Tank wrote:OT (knick fan here)

But do any of y'all that browse/use Twitter heard of Bryan Ohringer? If not, it's a hilarious follow

Beloved former Wizards video coordinator Bryan "You Spelled My Name Wrong Again" Oringher.

I'm not on Twitter. What's he up to these days?
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#804 » by Phish Tank » Tue May 28, 2019 12:04 am

montestewart wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:OT (knick fan here)

Beloved former Wizards video coordinator Bryan "You Spelled My Name Wrong Again" Oringher.

I'm not on Twitter. What's he up to these days?

a lot. Here's a good place to start:

Read on Twitter
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#805 » by barelyawake » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Hey folks. Been awhile. Looked for the art thread. Didn’t see. Forget how to find. Been awhile.

Just wanted to say for those interested, our company Abrams Wearable, is going to be featured in the DC fashion show. Two years ago, I would have said, “DC has a fashion scene?” Two years ago, I would have never thought I’d own a jewelry company. I don’t even wear a watch. But, apparently it’s becoming one of the most influential fashion spots outside of LA and New York. This city is blowing up. I’d love to have those “free agents don’t want to come to this city” arguments now.

Anyway, so the show is being held in the Smithsonian, and we also have been asked to show in major museums in San Francisco, Charlotte, San Diego and here at the Renwick.

Sorry I haven’t read mail in a long time, and will get back to those who wrote. Hope all is well.

Oh, PS we have been gathering somewhat of a celebrity following. Sivan the star of that Chambers show buys our stuff; the new girl from the Walking Dead; a couple Dallas Cheerleaders; some musicians; Ashley Hatch star of the local soccer team. Hopefully, more after the shows. Or it all blows up. Crazy ride so far though.
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#806 » by daSwami » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:00 pm

This is probably the wrong thread for this, but I'm pleased to report I have finally cut the cable cord. I live in Charlottesville, and have previously watched Wiz games on Comcast, but that's no longer an option. Right now I'm just using a Roku and rabbit ears for my TV needs. My question for the Wiz board hive mind: how do I watch NBA games w/o cable? I vaguely recall this topic being discussed on this board previously, but I'm too lazy to search for it. Also - I'm not too tech savvy. Thanks.
:banghead:
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#807 » by doclinkin » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:34 pm

daSwami wrote:This is probably the wrong thread for this, but I'm pleased to report I have finally cut the cable cord. I live in Charlottesville, and have previously watched Wiz games on Comcast, but that's no longer an option. Right now I'm just using a Roku and rabbit ears for my TV needs. My question for the Wiz board hive mind: how do I watch NBA games w/o cable? I vaguely recall this topic being discussed on this board previously, but I'm too lazy to search for it. Also - I'm not too tech savvy. Thanks.

reddit had a thread on streaming links. It may have been killed but I think it may periodically pop up again. I have had luck with streaming online from various sites but you need robust pop-up blockers and ad blockers

atdhe and firstrowsports worked but may have gotten worse. I also used them to watch Euroleague games. but the reddit sites were curated with notes telling you which had less vigorous pop ups etc.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#808 » by Kanyewest » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:12 pm

doclinkin wrote:
daSwami wrote:This is probably the wrong thread for this, but I'm pleased to report I have finally cut the cable cord. I live in Charlottesville, and have previously watched Wiz games on Comcast, but that's no longer an option. Right now I'm just using a Roku and rabbit ears for my TV needs. My question for the Wiz board hive mind: how do I watch NBA games w/o cable? I vaguely recall this topic being discussed on this board previously, but I'm too lazy to search for it. Also - I'm not too tech savvy. Thanks.

reddit had a thread on streaming links. It may have been killed but I think it may periodically pop up again. I have had luck with streaming online from various sites but you need robust pop-up blockers and ad blockers

atdhe and firstrowsports worked but may have gotten worse. I also used them to watch Euroleague games. but the reddit sites were curated with notes telling you which had less vigorous pop ups etc.

NBARedditstreams is officially dead :( - It will be interesting to see if anything pop ups on Discord or Twitch.

This article seems to talk about possible option including Sling, FoboTV, YoutubeTV, HuluTV among others
https://www.groundedreason.com/watch-nba-online-without-cable/
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#809 » by miller31time » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:34 am

NBATV just replayed game 6 of the Wiz/Bulls round 1 series where we advanced to the 2nd round for the first time since the 1800’s.

I completely forgot that we wore “Round 2” t-shirts that said “Beat the Heat!”

Between that and the cake Abe made for us that one year in the playoffs....
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#810 » by I_Like_Dirt » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:22 pm

trast66 wrote:S8 and S7 were very disappointing. I thought the finale was close to parody. Beautiful to watch, cast was excellent, words did not make sense.

GRRM value over replacement writer had to be 10+ to put in analytics terms.

I don't think it was the writers, I think it was the showrunners. They very clearly wanted to wrap things up and be done with it for some reason and the writers wound up in a position where they were trying to push what would have been the equivalent of 7 or 8 seasons into 2. The final season in particular struck me as one where basically all the character development, political games, fighting along the way, etc. were all just erased from the script in order to get to the point where they had a defined end-point. I think it was basically an impossible task to make that all fit.
Bucket! Bucket!
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#811 » by payitforward » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Nothing lasts forever, & it's no surprise that in trying to wrap up & get the hell off the air GoT jumped the shark. To tell the truth, the show started wandering the moment it left the books behind. For sure I can't see how any team of writers could have done a creditable job of tying up.

As for why the show was ended in the first place -- for starters, I'm guessing the actors all wanted to do other things.

Btw, I hope you have all noticed that since I_Like_Dirt started changing his mind about Thomas Bryant, the quality of his posts on every subject has risen dramatically. I'm the one who should get the credit, though, don't you think?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#812 » by Kanyewest » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:23 pm

I didn't mind the final season of Game of Thrones as much, I didn't love it but at the end I don't think I'm mad about it by it either. I agree there were a lot of flaws but perhaps my expectations were already lowered because of the 7th season. I also rewatched the 7th season before the season 8 started and kind of liked it more than I watched it the first time, so maybe that will be the case whenever I rewatch season 8.

I agree that the battle with the night king was too dark. My friend showed me some clips in 4k with the scenes brightened and those scenes looked a lot better. And even while watching that episode I enjoyed it.

I did not like the 4th episode as much.

The 5th episode didn't culminate with an interesting battle but rather a 1 sided affair. I think the big twist was building up to that character twist moment but not anything particular about the battle.

I didn't mind the first half of the last episode. The 7 Kingdom council meeting was weird but ultimately it was to be expected that they would do something that lead to an unexpected conclusion.

I don't think even another season would have helped the cause. I think if the showrunners felt like they were running out of material maybe they felt the bandaid approach was the best to get it over it. Plus I imagine they were going to lose some major characters and would have had to do some re-casting if they continued the show for 7 to 8 more years.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,604

Post#813 » by pancakes3 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 9:18 pm

global warming is ruining my favorite season.
Bullets -> Wizards
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#814 » by closg00 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:22 pm

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#815 » by payitforward » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#816 » by closg00 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:11 am

woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#817 » by woosah » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:13 am

Just saw adidas working to buy out Wall endorsement deal.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#818 » by montestewart » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:24 pm

Just noticed Basketball reference seems to have changed their homepage and eliminated the twelve players randomly pictured. Often when I visit the page I glance at the latest twelve to see what kind of team they might make.

EDIT: I guess it was just a glitch, pics are back
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#819 » by BigA » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Just saw Tim Legler on the Golic-Wingo show. Has he always had that deep orange tan? Reminded me of John Boehner and Mike Tanahan.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#820 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:42 pm

BigA wrote:Just saw Tim Legler on the Golic-Wingo show. Has he always had that deep orange tan? Reminded me of John Boehner and Mike Tanahan.

Maybe he's a closeted Donald Trump fan?

Return to Washington Wizards