Kelly Oubre

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 9,643

Re: Kelly Oubre 

Post#1201 » by nate33 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:46 pm

prime1time wrote:How would people feel about bringing Oubre back?

Oubre had anxiety and depression issues here but was well-liked and an emotional leader on the Suns. I'm assuming he wasn't happy here and wouldn't be interested in returning.

Also, he's not a free agent. How would we be bringing him back? Are you talking about a trade? If so, I don't see one that makes sense for both teams.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 7,007

Post#1202 » by Wizardspride » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:30 pm

nate33 wrote:

Oubre had anxiety and depression issues here but was well-liked and an emotional leader on the Suns. I'm assuming he wasn't happy here and wouldn't be interested in returning.

Also, he's not a free agent. How would we be bringing him back? Are you talking about a trade? If so, I don't see one that makes sense for both teams.

Oubre was very happy here.

Has talked repeatedly about how much he misses/missed DC.

But as you said, he's not a FA.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
prime1time
Bench Warmer
And1: 790

Post#1203 » by prime1time » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:00 pm

nate33 wrote:

Yes a trade, but with the consideration that we would be extending him.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 4,357

Post#1204 » by payitforward » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:51 am

Why would anyone want to bring Oubre back? Do we not understand what's going on here? We're in a new world. A Tommy Sheppard world not an Ernie Grunfeld world.

This is a rebuilding team. We have exactly two guys on our entire roster who pre-date Tommy Sheppard. The past is gone. Nor was the past any good -- so please let's not talk about how to bring it back!

Oubre is not a good player. But he's paid like a good player. Does he help us grow? No. Does he help us build the next generation of the Wizards? No.

I can hardly believe this subject has even come up.
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.

Return to Washington Wizards