Post#1341 » by closg00 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 am

Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1342 » by Shoe » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:15 am

closg00 wrote:
NBA Heat Insider Indicates Bradley Beal Trade to Miami Heat Inevitable

https://heatnation.com/rumors/miami-heat-insider-indicates-bradley-beal-trade-inevitable/

Cannot see Sheppard dealing Beal period, but especially within the division.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,350

Post#1343 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:39 am

Shoe wrote:
closg00 wrote:
NBA Heat Insider Indicates Bradley Beal Trade to Miami Heat Inevitable

https://heatnation.com/rumors/miami-heat-insider-indicates-bradley-beal-trade-inevitable/

Certainly not for the garbage Miami is likely to offer.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1344 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:42 am

nate33 wrote:
Shoe wrote:

Certainly not for the garbage Miami is likely to offer.

The keyword part of that is "He believes" Bradley Beal will eventually end up with the Miami.

I'm sure he does.....
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1345 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:57 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:

I STRONGLY suggest everyone watch this.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#1346 » by DCZards » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:58 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:

I STRONGLY suggest everyone watch this.

Yes, great interview with the most important questions right upfront, including why Brad decided to resign with the Zards when he could have demanded a trade (he got input from Dame Lillard among others), his relationship with Wall and the expectations he has upon JW’s return (right now it’s “my team” but it will be “our team” when John returns), and the comments he made following the recent loss to Chicago. All of this is within the first 15 or so minutes of the interview. It’s well worth the listen.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1347 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:34 am

I've said this before... I would love that kid as my son. He is a quality human being, truly a great guy.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1348 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:57 am

Beal has been phenomenal this season in getting to the free throw line and making his free throws.

He's darn near doubled his career average FTA's per possession. And he's improved his FT% by 4% above his career average. (He went 14/15 tonight, which will bring his FT% up to an even 85%.)

He has been ridiculous these last three games, averaging 17 FTA's a game and making 90% of them.

He currently ranks 9th in the league in FTA/G and is within striking distance of 6th.
Shoe
Bench Warmer

Post#1349 » by Shoe » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:50 pm

Honestly Beal is allowed to cry on this one. It's disrespectful to not acknowledge the sacrifice and effort he puts in during the off-season.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1350 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:16 pm

So he's getting the all-star FT calls - even if he isn't going to be in the all-star game. (Maybe now he'll stop whining to the refs during games.) And 10 of 21 3's the last 2 games. If he can keep that up - or close to it - it makes him so much better.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1351 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#1352 » by dckingsfan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:28 pm

Ruzious wrote:So he's getting the all-star FT calls - even if he isn't going to be in the all-star game. (Maybe now he'll stop whining to the refs during games.) And 10 of 21 3's the last 2 games. If he can keep that up - or close to it - it makes him so much better.

I am probably in the minority - but I think he shouldn't have pouted. Not a good look for him.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1353 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:33 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

So good that I won't even comment about where his left hand is. :o
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1354 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:35 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Those shooting percentages actually understate his efficiency. So much of his offense has been 3's and FT's.

His TS% over that stretch is .696! :o
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1355 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1356 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:44 pm

Mark Bartelstein isn't wrong.
Shoe
Bench Warmer

Post#1357 » by Shoe » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:45 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
Ruzious wrote:So he's getting the all-star FT calls - even if he isn't going to be in the all-star game. (Maybe now he'll stop whining to the refs during games.) And 10 of 21 3's the last 2 games. If he can keep that up - or close to it - it makes him so much better.

I am probably in the minority - but I think he shouldn't have pouted. Not a good look for him.

It's easy to criticize when you're not partaking in the off-season regiment. You'd be hard pressed to find a player who takes his workouts and diet more seriously than Beal. I think us fans forget that it is a job and the performance on the court isn't just based on talent but it's also intense dedication that separates the cream of the crop. On top of that, he's getting punished for being loyal to his team when he could have forced his way out while under contract in a manner all the fans and media claim they hate. It'd be hard not to express disappointment after all of that.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#1358 » by dckingsfan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:50 pm

Shoe wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:

It's easy to criticize when you're not partaking in the off-season regiment. You'd be hard pressed to find a player who takes his workouts and diet more seriously than Beal. I think us fans forget that it is a job and the performance on the court isn't just based on talent but it's also intense dedication that separates the cream of the crop. On top of that, he's getting punished for being loyal to his team when he could have forced his way out while under contract in a manner all the fans and media claim they hate. It'd be hard not to express disappointment after all of that.

You make very good points, diet, hard work, loyalty - always easier to criticize from the outside.

Just wondering if that is the look he wants? My guess, no.

What would have been terrific is if the Wizards fans had chanted All-Star every time he went to the line.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1359 » by payitforward » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:17 pm

On the season so far, Brad's TS% is .576. Last year it was .581. People aren't machines; that's an extremely small difference.

Moreover, & this is crucial, his usage this year is up by more than 17.5% &, of course, he was an extremely high usage player already! That's a huge jump; it's no surprise that his efficiency has suffered slightly.

In fact, Brad's shooting has suffered more than slightly. He is taking more shots & his FG%s on both 2's & 3's are down. In fact, his efg% is lower than it has been in years.

But, he is getting to the line almost 50% more often than last year ! & his FT% this year is 85% -- by far the best of his career. Hence the overall drop in efficiency is extremely small.

How about the other aspects of Brad's game this year? If you look overall at rebounds, assists, blocks, & fouls, Brad is putting up even better numbers than last year. Last year was his best ever until this year; this year is even better.

The two problem areas are steals & turnovers. Per 40 minutes last year he was just over -1.4 more TOs than steals. This year, he's at just under -2.6. Those may seem like small numbers, but they're not. Not huge either, but if you think of those extra 1.2 TOs as sort of like missed FGAs rebounded by the opponent, you get a picture of how they affect the productivity of his overall play. Basically, they alone account for the entire drop in his productivity this season. Not a big deal, but not to be ignored.

The good news is that over the last couple of weeks, Brad's productivity has been tremendous. In fact, last year too the 2d half of Brad's season was better than the first half. If we see that again, he'll wind up hitting another new high as a player.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#1360 » by DCZards » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:21 pm

I expected Bartelstein’s statement to be some drivel about how horrible it is that his client didn’t make the all-star team. But it isn’t. The larger point he makes about Brad essentially being punished for being loyal to the Zards should send shock waves through an NBA that has seen a superstar like AD abandon a small-market team and alter the competitive balance of the league by demanding a trade.

You would think that the league likes the message that BB sent by staying with the Zards.

Return to Washington Wizards