ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal - Part III

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

dlts20
RealGM
Posts: 11,272
And1: 4,786
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1581 » by dlts20 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:09 pm

User avatar
doclinkin
RealGM
Posts: 10,566
And1: 2,737
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1582 » by doclinkin » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:41 pm

dlts20 wrote:


Good dude. Passionate about the craft.
payitforward
RealGM
Posts: 15,851
And1: 5,058
Joined: May 02, 2012
Location: On the Atlantic

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1583 » by payitforward » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:48 pm

That's pretty remarkable.

Not just the message, though it is certainly the right message, but the man's ability to frame the message -- in words, in emphases, & in emotion -- & deliver it with real sincerity & authenticity. To deliver it in a way that has impact.

Nor is this message only, or even primarily, about basketball. Nor is it a message only, or even primarily, for young black men. I was given this message as a young writer, & I have given it to young writers many times. Only I don't do nearly as good a job as Brad does here. Not close.

I wish I knew Bradley Beal's parents, so I could tell them what a great job they did raising this outstanding human being.
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 18,527
And1: 3,498
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1584 » by 80sballboy » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:30 am

Please tell me there's a good reason for Brad Beal to play 30 minutes for a team that is 18-32 playing an even worse team. Or is this just a clown organization?
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Shoe
Rookie
Posts: 1,229
And1: 887
Joined: Nov 06, 2017
 

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1585 » by Shoe » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:11 am

80sballboy wrote:Please tell me there's a good reason for Brad Beal to play 30 minutes for a team that is 18-32 playing an even worse team. Or is this just a clown organization?
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Scoring title.
User avatar
BigA
Analyst
Posts: 3,074
And1: 982
Joined: Oct 05, 2005
Location: Arlington, VA
 

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1586 » by BigA » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:05 am

80sballboy wrote:Please tell me there's a good reason for Brad Beal to play 30 minutes for a team that is 18-32 playing an even worse team. Or is this just a clown organization?
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Fighting for that 11th seed.
Frichuela
Pro Prospect
Posts: 799
And1: 490
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
 

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1587 » by Frichuela » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:15 am

BigA wrote:
80sballboy wrote:Please tell me there's a good reason for Brad Beal to play 30 minutes for a team that is 18-32 playing an even worse team. Or is this just a clown organization?
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Fighting for that 11th seed.




Indeed...should Beal, Bertans and Rui remain healthish for the reminder of the season I predict the Wiz make the 11th or 12th seed (if Toronto helps and does not collapse). This means another year in the 7-9th spot in the draft, reducing our odds for a top 3 pick.
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 59,382
And1: 12,090
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1588 » by nate33 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:48 pm

80sballboy wrote:Please tell me there's a good reason for Brad Beal to play 30 minutes for a team that is 18-32 playing an even worse team. Or is this just a clown organization?
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Beal is a competitive human being who doesn't want to quit.
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 18,527
And1: 3,498
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1589 » by 80sballboy » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:59 pm

nate33 wrote:
80sballboy wrote:Please tell me there's a good reason for Brad Beal to play 30 minutes for a team that is 18-32 playing an even worse team. Or is this just a clown organization?
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Beal is a competitive human being who doesn't want to quit.


Alright, contrarian. Otto Porter says hi. A lot of players want to play through injuries when the team has virtually no chance of making the playoffs in a normal season. The team can rest him. This isn't Garrison Matthews playing through an injury. But hey, he's courageous so let's play him.
9 and 20
Freshman
Posts: 59
And1: 36
Joined: Mar 28, 2021
 

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1590 » by 9 and 20 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:44 am

Shoe wrote:
80sballboy wrote:Please tell me there's a good reason for Brad Beal to play 30 minutes for a team that is 18-32 playing an even worse team. Or is this just a clown organization?
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Scoring title.


I think this is definitely the right answer. It probably means nothing in terms of his next contract, but I'm sure it means something to him personally to win the scoring title.
Can't say I do.
User avatar
Dark Faze
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,762
And1: 1,653
Joined: Dec 27, 2008

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1591 » by Dark Faze » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:02 am

Looks like Beal won't win the scoring title. Curry is on a tear.
Shoe
Rookie
Posts: 1,229
And1: 887
Joined: Nov 06, 2017
 

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1592 » by Shoe » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:20 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Looks like Beal won't win the scoring title. Curry is on a tear.


The pressure to keep up with Curry is on his mind. He looks like he's choking it away.
User avatar
Dark Faze
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,762
And1: 1,653
Joined: Dec 27, 2008

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1593 » by Dark Faze » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Shoe wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:Looks like Beal won't win the scoring title. Curry is on a tear.


The pressure to keep up with Curry is on his mind. He looks like he's choking it away.


It's as good as gone at this point. Wouldn't call it a choke though. Curry is averaging 40ppg over his last 9 games with no signs of slowing down.
dlts20
RealGM
Posts: 11,272
And1: 4,786
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1594 » by dlts20 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:02 pm

I disagree. I said after the pelicans game that Beal is due for a hot streak and he lit it up against Detroit. I wouldn't be shocked if Brad averaged 33-35 the rest of the way

Return to Washington Wizards