ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal - Part III

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#801 » by FAH1223 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:41 pm

CobraCommander wrote:Wish would have worn Walls Jersey to start the game like Davis did.... to honor is his road dawg...just joking btw. It was great to see the panda (why is that his nickname...we normally call Hapa/s or hybrids that and I didnt think he was one) play in the allstar game. Just think BB used to be oft injured...now he healthy!

That's the most stunning thing. His development as a ball handler and his offensive game improving plus his ability to stay healthy.

And he's played through some nasty looking ankle sprains.

I give the kid a lot of credit. He's earning that contract.

Next evolution is losing the tunnel vision and becoming a better facilitator. And being consistent on and off ball defense.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#802 » by FAH1223 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Read on Twitter
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,349

Post#803 » by nate33 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 5:27 pm

Beal is averaging 7.5 assists per game over the last 11 games. That's pretty damn good!
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#804 » by dangermouse » Thu Mar 8, 2018 2:53 am

He's turned into like a Harden-lite this year with better defense but not really someone you should play at PG for extended periods of time.

You can really make a case for Demar, Dipo or Brad to be "best sg in the east" this year. Its a tight race.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#805 » by nate33 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:03 pm

In 2726 minutes of play, excluding 176 minutes of clutch time (last 5 minutes, 5 point differential), Beal has a TS% of .581 and an ORtg of 111.

In his 176 minute of clutch time play, he has a TS% of .441 and an ORtg of 99.
ptptpt
Junior
And1: 53

Post#806 » by ptptpt » Sat Apr 7, 2018 2:09 pm

nate33 wrote:In 2726 minutes of play, excluding 176 minutes of clutch time (last 5 minutes, 5 point differential), Beal has a TS% of .581 and an ORtg of 111.

This team cannot win if we don't have clutch players. Brad seems like he's still learning how to handle the ball in pressure situations.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#807 » by nate33 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 2:19 pm

jayscott wrote:
nate33 wrote:In 2726 minutes of play, excluding 176 minutes of clutch time (last 5 minutes, 5 point differential), Beal has a TS% of .581 and an ORtg of 111.

This team cannot win if we don't have clutch players. Brad seems like he's still learning how to handle the ball in pressure situations.

Beal has been in the NBA for 6 years. He has logged over 14,000 minutes.

Of the 432 active NBA players who have logged at least 1000 minutes, Beal ranks 121st in total minutes played. He is more experienced than 3/4ths of the players in the league.
ptptpt
Junior
And1: 53

Post#808 » by ptptpt » Sat Apr 7, 2018 2:32 pm

nate33 wrote:
jayscott wrote:

Beal has been in the NBA for 6 years. He has logged over 14,000 minutes.

Of the 432 active NBA players who have logged at least 1000 minutes, Beal ranks 121st in total minutes played. He is more experienced than 3/4ths of the players in the league.

I stand by my statement. This doesn't mean that having Brad iso is necessarily ever a good plan.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#809 » by truwizfan4evr » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:19 pm

Someone explain to me why Beal is our go-to guy and takes more shots then Otto? I actually think porter is a better shooter and overall player then Beal. I think Porter should be the player taking 15 to 20 plus shots a night over Beal.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#810 » by DCZards » Sat Apr 7, 2018 10:00 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:Someone explain to me why Beal is our go-to guy and takes more shots then Otto? I actually think porter is a better shooter and overall player then Beal. I think Porter should be the player taking 15 to 20 plus shots a night over Beal.

Totally agree that Porter should take more shots and Beal should take fewer shots. But until Otto gets better at creating his own shot that's probably not going to happen.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#811 » by queridiculo » Mon Apr 9, 2018 1:58 pm

DCZards wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:Someone explain to me why Beal is our go-to guy and takes more shots then Otto? I actually think porter is a better shooter and overall player then Beal. I think Porter should be the player taking 15 to 20 plus shots a night over Beal.

Totally agree that Porter should take more shots and Beal should take fewer shots. But until Otto gets better at creating his own shot that's probably not going to happen.

Beal can't create his own shot either, never stopped him.

If Beal kept his ego more in check there might actually be some shots to go around for Porter.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#812 » by pcbothwel » Mon Apr 9, 2018 3:04 pm

queridiculo wrote:
DCZards wrote:

Beal can't create his own shot either, never stopped him.

If Beal kept his ego more in check there might actually be some shots to go around for Porter.

I created a thread a few months back about the Otto vs Beal debate moving forward and which one becomes expendable. I said I would bump the thread in the offseason, so ill hold to that and wait...
That said... I love Beal, but moving him could really allow this team to revamp. Wall means too much to the franchise and makes too much money. Otto is a complimentary piece that isnt a primary ball handler. Beal is the perfect trade candidate for a team.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#813 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#814 » by barelyawake » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Just had a three minute chat with Beal on a plane to Vegas. Told him I was a big fan. Told him I thought they were a two-three seed in the east and could take any of the teams in the East. He agreed.
Gig18
Junior
And1: 138

Post#815 » by Gig18 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:03 pm

barelyawake wrote:Just had a three minute chat with Beal on a plane to Vegas. Told him I was a big fan. Told him I thought they were a two-three seed in the east and could take any of the teams in the East. He agreed.

Cool! :)
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#816 » by payitforward » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:55 pm

pcbothwel wrote:I created a thread a few months back about the Otto vs Beal debate moving forward and which one becomes expendable. I said I would bump the thread in the offseason...

That said... I love Beal, but moving him could really allow this team to revamp. Wall means too much to the franchise and makes too much money. Otto is a complimentary piece that isnt a primary ball handler. Beal is the perfect trade candidate for a team.

Unless I missed it, you haven't yet revisited that thread....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#817 » by payitforward » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:58 pm

barelyawake wrote:Just had a three minute chat with Beal on a plane to Vegas. Told him I was a big fan. Told him I thought they were a two-three seed in the east and could take any of the teams in the East. He agreed.

He has his first kid on Tuesday, & on Thursday he's on a plane to Vegas?

Did he mention what he was going out there to do?

Training, no doubt.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#818 » by barelyawake » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:06 pm

payitforward wrote:

Training, no doubt.

Didn’t ask. Yeah, I didn’t even put together the USA team thing, until after. But, it’s only a four hour flight. Promise though, did happen. United, first-class non-stop morning flight. I’m currently in Vegas. Roughly my second home, since I’m here so much for work.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#819 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:45 pm

payitforward wrote:

Training, no doubt.

He's allowed to have a private life and enjoy Vegas. I expect it's not at all unusual for wealthy NBA players to gamble some. Fwiw, a friend of mine played blackjack at MGM in MD during last season with Beal and Gortat. She told me comedian Jim Gaffigan was also playing in the game (He had performed a few hours earlier in the theater next door) and hit on her during the game - kinda disappointing to hear because I enjoyed his family-based humor.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#820 » by pcbothwel » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:10 pm

payitforward wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:I created a thread a few months back about the Otto vs Beal debate moving forward and which one becomes expendable. I said I would bump the thread in the offseason...

Unless I missed it, you haven't yet revisited that thread....

Good catch. Obviously nothing will happen at this point in the offseason and they arent playing...so not much to say.

Still think Beal is the inevitable move for the most value, unless another GM values Otto as the analytics freak he truly is.

As I've always said that next summer is the real decision point. I guess you could say the deadline, but thats pushing it.

Return to Washington Wizards