ImageImageImageImageImage

Have You Panickers Actually Thought This Through?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Re: Have You Panickers Actually Thought This Through? 

Post#101 » by payitforward » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:41 pm

deneem4 wrote:When Morris and oubre become 2 of our top 6 players....quote this and remind me

Trying to understand here, deneem: you think Oubre will reach his potential here -- but Kawhi wouldn't have. Is that right?

You also think that Morris will return to his best level of play (a couple of years ago) and (I presume) get even better from there. Do I have that right? But Kawhi Leonard wouldn't have been good here.

That's what you're saying, right?

I also presume that you don't think they'll become 2 of our best in the same time frame -- given that Oubre just turned 20, while MM is 26. Oubre's time is reasonably far into the future, but tell me: when do you think Morris will become one of our best players? Some time soon? By the middle of next season? Or... when?

edit: actually, about MM, when do you think he'll one all around good game? Lets just start w/ that. Do you think that'll happen some time soon?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#102 » by payitforward » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:52 pm

Tricky_Kid wrote:How can I avoid all posts from this guy Mile something? It`s a waiste of time for me to skipping all bull he is writting. No offence mate but your thinking is broken and a little bit delusional

Wysłane z mojego LG-P880 przy użyciu Tapatalka

You can put him on "ignore." It's easy -- tho right now I forget how you do it :)

Personally I only put people on ignore if they are insulting -- not just because their posts make no sense. I think deneem's pov is pretty much without foundation or validity, but he's not a jerk, so I'd never do that to him.

Millie fits the "ignore" bill much better: he doesn't argue any of his points at all, and he makes personal attacks. Still, I don't have him on ignore either. Mostly because he posts rarely, and he provides a kind of comic relief.

Kind of like if someone watching a tsunami were to point out how clean it'll leave the laundry! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#103 » by milellie111 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:23 am

payitforward wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:How can I avoid all posts from this guy Mile something? It`s a waiste of time for me to skipping all bull he is writting. No offence mate but your thinking is broken and a little bit delusional

Wysłane z mojego LG-P880 przy użyciu Tapatalka

You can put him on "ignore." It's easy -- tho right now I forget how you do it :)

Personally I only put people on ignore if they are insulting -- not just because their posts make no sense. I think deneem's pov is pretty much without foundation or validity, but he's not a jerk, so I'd never do that to him.

Millie fits the "ignore" bill much better: he doesn't argue any of his points at all, and he makes personal attacks. Still, I don't have him on ignore either. Mostly because he posts rarely, and he provides a kind of comic relief.

Kind of like if someone watching a tsunami were to point out how clean it'll leave the laundry! :)

You're way off base. If anything, I'm the one constantly attacked and called a troll.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
payitforward
RealGM

Post#104 » by payitforward » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:51 am

milellie111 wrote:...I'm the one constantly attacked and called a troll.

You're being ridiculed, yes, because your pov is patently ridiculous. But I haven't noticed you being attacked. Now read the idiotic title you've given this thread; that's what an attack looks like.

I'm sure I've been a Wizards fan a lot longer than you, Millie. Most of us who are disgusted with nearly a decade and a half of incompetence have been fans for a quarter century or more. We have every reason for the critiques we post and every right to post them.

It is true, as you mention, that you get called a troll sometimes. Then again, you call one of us a troll in every one of your posts, don't you?

Unfortunately, someone whose perspective is not affected by changes in results and who ups the ante on that perspective repeatedly no matter how often the opposing perspective is validated - night in and night out - must expect people to think he's a troll. It's hard to see what other motivation a person like that (like you) can have.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#105 » by payitforward » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:53 am

...then again, Markieff Morris has made two consecutive FGAs. I guess all is well with the world, huh? Hope he has a big game.
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#106 » by milellie111 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:00 am

Panickers lack patience. Instead of waiting for the Morris,Anderson,Hickson deals to work out, you'd rather call for the head of the GM and hope to tank. If you are at the games or watch the games, you'll notice the potential this team has and how close they are to being a contender in the East. How can you blame a GM for being active during the trade deadline and waiver wire? Makes little to no sense. Also, our own young homegrown players are still developing and will continue to develop (Porter, Oubre). Grunfeld/Tapscott have made measurable progress.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#107 » by JWizmentality » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:47 am

milellie111 wrote:
You're way off base. If anything, I'm the one constantly attacked and called a troll.

stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#108 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:59 am

I've got Wes_Tiny_Abe_ filtered. He doesn't post much, but when he does, reading them takes me to an unpleasant place. I also filtered JonathanJoseph because of all the **** he used to talk about Wall. Haven't seen him around in a minute.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#109 » by deneem4 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:34 am

payitforward wrote:
deneem4 wrote:When Morris and oubre become 2 of our top 6 players....quote this and remind me

Trying to understand here, deneem: you think Oubre will reach his potential here -- but Kawhi wouldn't have. Is that right?

You also think that Morris will return to his best level of play (a couple of years ago) and (I presume) get even better from there. Do I have that right? But Kawhi Leonard wouldn't have been good here.

That's what you're saying, right?

I also presume that you don't think they'll become 2 of our best in the same time frame -- given that Oubre just turned 20, while MM is 26. Oubre's time is reasonably far into the future, but tell me: when do you think Morris will become one of our best players? Some time soon? By the middle of next season? Or... when?

edit: actually, about MM, when do you think he'll one all around good game? Lets just start w/ that. Do you think that'll happen some time soon?

For 1 kwahi would've joined a completely different team...no where near the vets or leaders to succeed John wall barely made it out storm...

For 2 and most importantly oubre tries to give effort on the defensive end...yes he's an offensive talent...but if u watch him in games u can see he tries defensively...(get league pass)
Morris always atleast tries...with less effort than oubre but he also plays a tougher position one thing he does is boxes guys out instead of lunging for some rebounds...nene does this...but this 1 difference is a big effect on our game...considering we shoot 3s and are bad on the boards...

When Morris plays more minutes with the starters he'll have a good game...
Do your complex stats check and let me know
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
deneem4
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by deneem4 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:39 am

As much as u guys blame whittman and eg...u guys blame the players as well...
With the exception obvious choices every move with criticized with that being said...u cant keep blaming these players if bad staff keep placing them in bad environments or putting them in a position where they can't reach they're potential...
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,916

Post#111 » by CobraCommander » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:03 pm

deneem4 wrote:As much as u guys blame whittman and eg...u guys blame the players as well...
With the exception obvious choices every move with criticized with that being said...u cant keep blaming these players if bad staff keep placing them in bad environments or putting them in a position where they can't reach they're potential...

I couldn't agree with you more if I wrote it myself. The reason we are panicking is because the Wiz are a bad team with players that may have potential and Wittmans rotations make no sense to anyone attempting to develop players for the future. I actually agree with the the post about Kaw-Leonard not developing in DC.

I believe
:you can have bad players and have marginal success with GREAT coaching- :o
:you can have good players and have marginal success with a BAD coach - :)
:you can have great players and have true success with a bad coach- :P
:it's hard to develop young players if they don't get good coaching and meaningful minutes...and without development of draft picks they might as well be bad draft picks. :evil:
:with good coaching and ok players you can have marginal success! :)

Now do we really feel like we have good coaching? Do we really feel like any of these players are better as a result of playing for Wittman? Do we really feel like the Wiz are maximizing their talent?

Do we feel like we are panicking or do we feel like we should be better than fighting for a 8 seed when the only true difference is the subtraction of a Old Paul Pierce from a team that if JW doesn't get hurt is playing the Cavs for the Eastern conference title?

I might be panicking because I see the Wiz getting worse before they improve. If they roll out this same roster next year...while the rest of the east gets better, we will be a lottery team for SURE!

So I'm only panicking a little bit...
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#112 » by montestewart » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:07 pm

deneem4 wrote:As much as u guys blame whittman and eg...u guys blame the players as well...
With the exception obvious choices every move with criticized with that being said…u cant keep blaming these players if bad staff keep placing them in bad environments or putting them in a position where they can't reach they're potential…

…then one day a strong rain came and washed all the crops away, and at the age of thirteen I thought I was carrying the weight of the whole world on my shoulders, and you know mama knew what I was going through because [] everyday I had to work the fields, cause that's the only way we got our meals, you see [] I was the oldest of the family, and everybody else depended on me, every night I heard my mama pray, "Lord, give him strength to make another day,"…
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#113 » by tontoz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:01 pm

Ariza had his best years here. Ditto Webster. Sessions is playing well here. So is Gortat. And Dudley. Wall has developed fine here.

The problem isnt the "environment". The problem is an incompetent front office that does a piss poor job of evaluating and acquiring talent.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#114 » by CobraCommander » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:38 pm

tontoz wrote:Ariza had his best years here. Ditto Webster. Sessions is playing well here. So is Gortat. And Dudley. Wall has developed fine here.

The problem isnt the "environment". The problem is an incompetent front office that does a piss poor job of evaluating and acquiring talent.

Ariza was a champion before he got here so maybe his best statistical years. Also he left of his own accord to play with a better team that didn't have a distributor to get him the ball in spots. I don't think he left for money as much as an improvement I environment. Also why would you sign to a team that drafted your replacement and was coveting another guy at your position. Webster had his best and worse years here. Sessions isn't better than Jeremy Lin and I we could have had Lin at the minimum. Gortat grew into his own here because of John and I think Dudley is thriving playing along side a pass first point. Dudley is also the beneficiary the new valuation of the 3 and of no one better to take his job - thus he is getting more minutes than he would get if he went to Boston, Clippers or Cleveland.

IMO - Wall thrived in spite of the environment. Wall came in as a point guard playing with Gil and then survived the Shaqtin' a-fool allstar years with SwaggyP, J-McGee, AndreBLahhh- I think Sam Cassell helped mentor him.

I don't see the current roster or coaching staff having the guys that can speak truth to the team.

I understand and respect your point but I respectfully see the situation differently and Yeah I'm panicking :banghead:
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#115 » by montestewart » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:51 pm

So everyone's in agreement: toxic environment, inadequate roster, lousy coach, incompetent GM, owner who only cares about money. Our work here is done.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#116 » by tontoz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:52 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
tontoz wrote:Ariza had his best years here. Ditto Webster. Sessions is playing well here. So is Gortat. And Dudley. Wall has developed fine here.

Ariza was a champion before he got here so maybe his best statistical years. Also he left of his own accord to play with a better team that didn't have a distributor to get him the ball in spots. I don't think he left for money as much as an improvement I environment. Also why would you sign to a team that drafted your replacement and was coveting another guy at your position. Webster had his best and worse years here. Sessions isn't better than Jeremy Lin and I we could have had Lin at the minimum. Gortat grew into his own here because of John and I think Dudley is thriving playing along side a pass first point. Dudley is also the beneficiary the new valuation of the 3 and of no one better to take his job - thus he is getting more minutes than he would get if he went to Boston, Clippers or Cleveland.

IMO - Wall thrived in spite of the environment. Wall came in as a point guard playing with Gil and then survived the Shaqtin' a-fool allstar years with SwaggyP, J-McGee, AndreBLahhh- I think Sam Cassell helped mentor him.

I don't see the current roster or coaching staff having the guys that can speak truth to the team.

I understand and respect your point but I respectfully see the situation differently and Yeah I'm panicking :banghead:

There are no state taxes in Texas. Plus Houston was a legit title contender with Harden and Howard already there. It was obvious why he went there. When he played with the Lakers he was only playing 24 minutes per game. Not sure why your are even bringing that up.

Webster didn't have his worst years here at all. He had two good years and then was out hurt. It doesn't matter what the environment is like when you are in a suit.

It doesnt matter if Sessions is better than Lin or anyone else. He is having one of his better seasons here so the environment obviously isn't hurting him.

The roster and coaching staff are lacking because of Grunfail. This is not a talented team. How many other teams would be starting Temple, Porter and Dudley?
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#117 » by CobraCommander » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:57 pm

tontoz wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

There are no state taxes in Texas. Plus Houston was a legit title contender with Harden and Howard already there. It was obvious why he went there. When he played with the Lakers he was only playing 24 minutes per game. Not sure why your are even bringing that up.

Webster didn't have his worst years here at all. He had two good years and then was out hurt. It doesn't matter what the environment is like when you are in a suit.

It doesnt matter if Sessions is better than Lin or anyone else. He is having one of his better seasons here so the environment obviously isn't hurting him.

The roster and coaching staff are lacking because of Grunfail. This is not a talented team. How many other teams would be starting Temple, Porter and Dudley?

I agree with the roster issues being on Grunfail...but I also think Wittman has as much to do with this team not beating the teams they should beat. I have to believe that a better coach could get more out of this roster- or I may need to stop panicking and move on emotionally to grief
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#118 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:39 pm

fishercob wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:
AFM wrote:#GPDW

Don't make me change the name of our crew to GPDR

Do you guys have a secret handshake or hold toga parties or something?

Um. Yes.

No. NO.....no-no-no-no-no.

:nonono:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
tontoz
RealGM

Post#119 » by tontoz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:01 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
I agree with the roster issues being on Grunfail...but I also think Wittman has as much to do with this team not beating the teams they should beat. I have to believe that a better coach could get more out of this roster- or I may need to stop panicking and move on emotionally to grief

Who hired, then resigned the coach?

Look at the players who were here and left. Blatche,Crawford, Maynor, Singleton and Vesely aren't even in the NBA any more. Booker and KS aren't exactly setting the world on fire. McGee only gets noticed on Shaqtin a fool. This team isn't going anywhere with Grunfail at the helm.
deneem4
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by deneem4 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:21 pm

tontoz wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

Who hired, then resigned the coach?

Look at the players who were here and left. Blatche,Crawford, Maynor, Singleton and Vesely aren't even in the NBA any more. Booker and KS aren't exactly setting the world on fire. McGee only gets noticed on Shaqtin a fool. This team isn't going anywhere with Grunfail at the helm.

Kevin love wouldn't shoot 3s if whittman stayed his coach...

Return to Washington Wizards