ImageImageImageImageImage

Have You Panickers Actually Thought This Through?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Re: Have You Panickers Actually Thought This Through? 

Post#81 » by deneem4 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:42 am

When Morris and oubre become 2 of our top 6 players....quote this and remind me
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#82 » by Sluggerface » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:01 am

deneem4 wrote:When Morris and oubre become 2 of our top 6 players....quote this and remind me

Not difficult to become top 6 in a pile of ****.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#83 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:35 am

I am not on milellies side here, but I feel like Morris is going to work out. BUT. if we were all in we should have called Kevin McHale and got him in here during the all star break because witt is awful.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#84 » by closg00 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:43 am

tontoz wrote:
closg00 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Holy crap! A deenem4 and milellie circle jerk. A hole has ripped in the basketball space time continuum.

deenem4 sounds/reads a lot like Hands11..just sayin.

I have him on the filter. Does he constantly misuse the words lose, loss and loose?

You have deenem4 on filter? deenem4 uses similar hand11 isms, very similar.
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#85 » by Upper Decker » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:33 am

queridiculo wrote:
closg00 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Holy crap! A deenem4 and milellie circle jerk. A hole has ripped in the basketball space time continuum.

The sponge is almost fully saturated.

I just watched the seinfeld episode in which sponges were discontinued and elaine bought a whole case, lol. My eyes are finally opened to the hilarity of your signature.
McFilthy
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#86 » by McFilthy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:12 pm

Do not panic...er...I mean, don't be a panicker. Let's think this through.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#87 » by stevemcqueen1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:42 pm

milellie111 is a pollyanna but he's right about one thing: you can't blow the team up without losing Wall. If a new GM comes in, he's going to have to retool immediately so that the team doesn't become a loser.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#88 » by closg00 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:10 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:milellie111 is a pollyanna but he's right about one thing: you can't blow the team up without losing Wall. If a new GM comes in, he's going to have to retool immediately so that the team doesn't become a loser.

The team is going to be retooled with or without EG because of the number of expiring FA's we have. Retooling w/o EG making the decisions would be Donald Trump HUGE!!!
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#89 » by fishercob » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:22 pm

keynote wrote:
milellie111 wrote:
TGW wrote:

Funny. Based on your previous posts, I've imagined you looking similar to those in the Gif.

OK, I'll bite. What the hell is that supposed to mean!?

Millie, answer the question.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#90 » by fishercob » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:23 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:
AFM wrote:#GPDW

Don't make me change the name of our crew to GPDR

Do you guys have a secret handshake or hold toga parties or something?

Um. Yes.

"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#91 » by queridiculo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:30 pm

deneem4 wrote:When Morris and oubre become 2 of our top 6 players....quote this and remind me

Considering that the Wizards have 5 players under contract for next season you might actually have a point for once.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#92 » by stevemcqueen1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:14 pm

closg00 wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:milellie111 is a pollyanna but he's right about one thing: you can't blow the team up without losing Wall. If a new GM comes in, he's going to have to retool immediately so that the team doesn't become a loser.

The team is going to be retooled with or without EG because of the number of expiring FA's we have. Retooling w/o EG making the decisions would be Donald Trump HUGE!!!

Crazy as it sounds, I don't actually want to see a ton of roster change this offseason, regardless of what changes are made in the FO and to the coaching staff.

I like the Wall, Beal, Porter, and Gortat foundation. I think it has been incrementally coming together and that it is worth preserving. I like the potential of Morris and Oubre to become key rotation players. And I want to see us bring back Dudley and Sessions. That's already 8 rotation players for next year in hand. And I also wouldn't mind bringing back Anderson and Temple on inexpensive short term deals. Plus I think Sato might be in the mix next season (although I wouldn't be counting on it).

That's potentially 11 roster spots (and most of the perimeter spots). Really it just comes down to the front court. I want whoever our GM is to focus on using our cap space for finding a good big that can play big minutes at PF and a quality back up C that can rebound and block shots. I don't think this team is as far away as it seems right now, and that adding some important pieces to the roster, coupled with changes in leadership, could unlock its potential.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#93 » by 80sballboy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:24 pm

None of this matters if John Wall doesn't play defense. We don't have a Hassan Whiteside to protect the paint, so ultimately, the season is pretty much dead when your backcourt consistently allows penetration along with your starting small forward. He's done it at home but he can't do it with any consistency so if he doesn't defend, I don't care if Anderson and Morris are better defensive alternatives than our other options, if your star who plays 40mpg won't set the tone and plays D like Harden in key games (not SIxers), it's over.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#94 » by dobrojim » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:38 pm

^ Good point.

Fair or unfair, we rise or fall mostly on the basis of how well John plays.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#95 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:39 pm

closg00 wrote:
tontoz wrote:
closg00 wrote:

I have him on the filter. Does he constantly misuse the words lose, loss and loose?

You have deenem4 on filter? deenem4 uses similar hand11 isms, very similar.

I filtered him a long time ago. Contributes nothing worthwhile. At least, hands11's straw man rants and contradictions were fun to read (when he manages to not write a thesis paper with every post).
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#96 » by payitforward » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:37 pm

deneem4 wrote:Some fans on real gm are realistic others believe kwahi would've became the same kwahi Leonard if we drafted him...

Yup, of course he would have. And John Wall became the "John Wall" he is by playing here. And Brad Beal playing for the Spurs would still have stress reactions.

You make a consistent claim, for which there is no evidence: that players become good because coaches have confidence in them. No, players increase their confidence because, in competition (and by practice), they become better players.

Good players have good reason to have more confidence than guys who aren't as good. When players who *aren't* particularly good become very confident, the result isn't pretty. We have plenty of them in the league to look at.

Dion Waiters would be one good example. Bad with the Cavaliers and bad with the Thunder. Just one guy. How long a list do you want?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#97 » by dobrojim » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Big Balls
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: RE: Re: Have You Panickers Actually Thought This Through? 

Post#98 » by JWizmentality » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:43 pm

fishercob wrote:
keynote wrote:
milellie111 wrote:
Funny. Based on your previous posts, I've imagined you looking similar to those in the Gif.

OK, I'll bite. What the hell is that supposed to mean!?

Millie, answer the question.

Don't hold your breath. He's waiting for us to run over the 76ers so he can come back here and jizz all over himself.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#99 » by deneem4 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:36 pm

payitforward wrote:
deneem4 wrote:Some fans on real gm are realistic others believe kwahi would've became the same kwahi Leonard if we drafted him...

Yup, of course he would have. And John Wall became the "John Wall" he is by playing here. And Brad Beal playing for the Spurs would still have stress reactions.

You make a consistent claim, for which there is no evidence: that players become good because coaches have confidence in them. No, players increase their confidence because, in competition (and by practice), they become better players.

Good players have good reason to have more confidence than guys who aren't as good. When players who *aren't* particularly good become very confident, the result isn't pretty. We have plenty of them in the league to look at.

Dion Waiters would be one good example. Bad with the Cavaliers and bad with the Thunder. Just one guy. How long a list do you want?

But who has he been coached by?
And it's not just coaches its the players around them...

Waiters don't fit with thunder nor cavs because they're iso teams...and he's not beal...

Team has soo much to do with player development...and confidence is the biggest factor in player development...

look at Jeremy Lamb....look at that celtics team...look how we playing now vs when we had Pierce or ariza...

Our chemistry is off were not confident in each other, Randy isn't helping...and our younger guys will feel the effect of it...without Okafor/ariza/nene, wall would be somewhere like Evan turner...

It's not just the coaches its the players and yes confidence is a big part of a player development
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#100 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:27 pm

How can I avoid all posts from this guy Mile something? It`s a waiste of time for me to skipping all bull he is writting. No offence mate but your thinking is broken and a little bit delusional

Wysłane z mojego LG-P880 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Return to Washington Wizards