ImageImageImageImageImage

Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#121 » by montestewart » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Then

Now

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#122 » by payitforward » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:20 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:Y'all think that Grunfeld/hands/Millie are hiding out in Area 51?

No way -- it's in Area 11; that's where they are.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#123 » by payitforward » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:29 am

Only problem w/ the Hands <> Millie identification is that Hands *hated* Randy, whereas Millie is a staunch supporter of our coach (and everything else).

I also don't think the two prose styles can have come from the same person -- or, if so, only from a person too clever and intelligent to write the stupid stuff either of them wrote. Especially what Hands wrote, and especially the use of language that characterized Hands: i.e. "rehydrating the sponge" etc.

Finally, while Millie is obviously a troll -- he enjoys provoking reactivity -- Hands was a totally different kind of guy. He thought he knew everything and found it shocking that anyone would ever disagree with him. In fact, when that happened, he took it personally. Hands took on anything anyone wrote, not necessarily in an intelligent or analytical way, but he *did* take it on. And he always thought that he won every argument.

In short, Millie thinks Ernie/Ted/Randy are always right. Hands thought *he* was always right.

In other words, I still have trouble seeing this. Now... obviously, there's the problem of the oh so similar posts on one occasion. But I don't put it past Millie to do that as yet another provocation -- look how much time we're spending on it! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#124 » by BigA » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:47 am

payitforward wrote:In other words, I still have trouble seeing this. Now... obviously, there's the problem of the oh so similar posts on one occasion. But I don't put it past Millie to do that as yet another provocation -- look how much time we're spending on it! :)

So that's a new theory: milellie111 set up hands11. Goddamn b*tch set him up.

It's really great that this has come up to take our minds off the end of the season.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#125 » by AFM » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:58 am

I actually googled Ernie Grunfeld's family. Wanted to see if there was anyone close to him, wife, daughter, etc, named Ellie. No dice.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#126 » by montestewart » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:59 am

payitforward wrote:Only problem w/ the Hands <> Millie identification is that Hands *hated* Randy, whereas Millie is a staunch supporter of our coach (and everything else).

I also don't think the two prose styles can have come from the same person -- or, if so, only from a person too clever and intelligent to write the stupid stuff either of them wrote. Especially what Hands wrote, and especially the use of language that characterized Hands: i.e. "rehydrating the sponge" etc.

Finally, while Millie is obviously a troll -- he enjoys provoking reactivity -- Hands was a totally different kind of guy. He thought he knew everything and found it shocking that anyone would ever disagree with him. In fact, when that happened, he took it personally. Hands took on anything anyone wrote, not necessarily in an intelligent or analytical way, but he *did* take it on. And he always thought that he won every argument.

In short, Millie thinks Ernie/Ted/Randy are always right. Hands thought *he* was always right.

In other words, I still have trouble seeing this. Now... obviously, there's the problem of the oh so similar posts on one occasion. But I don't put it past Millie to do that as yet another provocation -- look how much time we're spending on it! :)

This guy

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-wUe5aEwHM[/YouTube]

was also this guy

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uQlB99WCuk[/YouTube]

This guy

was also this guy

The remarkable thing about hands is that he became Millie while retaining hands, the two coexisting as separate coequal contributors to a single work with an incredibly long setup, not only hands' back story dating to 2004, but Millie's history littered all over the internet, on car sites, computer/tech sites, stereo sites, and sports sites. This has been a major contribution to American performance/political art, and the responses are clearly a part of the work. As hands once said:

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTS8E8YATqg[/YouTube]
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#127 » by Ed Wood » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:08 am

Well ****, if I even dare to aspire to be my own online ghost story some day (yes, yes, a thousand times yes, who wouldn't?) I apparently have to tighten my numerology waaaaay up, because hands is just wrecking me here. I joined on the 11th, my most liked post is at 11, the full name of my avatar (Edward D. Wood) is 11 letters... Yeah, not even a thing. I'm a stats man, and H. K. Chesterton over here is dominating.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#128 » by payitforward » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:19 am

We do seem to have gotten rid of Millie, don't we? Just when I decided I was being stupid to want him banned, he goes and bans himself.

Oh Millie -- come back, Millie, please! You can even make yourself a 3d identity if you want.
leswizards
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#129 » by leswizards » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:31 am

Has Hands gone missing from the other board, or is he still posting on it?
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#130 » by Sluggerface » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:52 am

payitforward wrote:Only problem w/ the Hands <> Millie identification is that Hands *hated* Randy, whereas Millie is a staunch supporter of our coach (and everything else).

I wouldn't say Hands has always hated Randy. He's been wishy washy on him. You can find more than a handful of posts from him praising Wittman.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#131 » by montestewart » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:54 am

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#132 » by fishercob » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:51 am

One of the mods just told me offline that for the first time in eleven -- yes, ELEVEN -- years, RealGM has authorized an in-person investigation to get to the bottom of this. Those IP addresses will be traced to physical locations. Wow.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#133 » by fishercob » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:54 am

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o[/YouTube]
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#134 » by TGW » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:26 pm

BigA wrote:
payitforward wrote:In other words, I still have trouble seeing this. Now... obviously, there's the problem of the oh so similar posts on one occasion. But I don't put it past Millie to do that as yet another provocation -- look how much time we're spending on it! :)

So that's a new theory: milellie111 set up hands11. Goddamn b*tch set him up.

It's really great that this has come up to take our minds off the end of the season.

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#135 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Wait. So Millllieeijjllle is Elvin Hayes?
In Rizzo we trust
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#136 » by AFM » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:29 pm

I honestly thought TGW and tontz were the same person until last week.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#137 » by tontoz » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:35 pm

Hands would routinely misuse the words loss, lose and loose. Milellie is not hands11.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#138 » by closg00 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:10 pm

tontoz wrote:Hands would routinely misuse the words loss, lose and loose. Milellie is not hands11.

Agree, two totally different writing styles, I think they both utilized sock-puppets here.
BigA
Analyst

Post#139 » by BigA » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:21 pm

closg00 wrote:
tontoz wrote:Hands would routinely misuse the words loss, lose and loose. Milellie is not hands11.

Agree, two totally different writing styles, I think they both utilized sock-puppets here.

So why hasn't milellie111 appeared to explain? It's not like plagiarism on a public message board is any big deal. "I liked hands11's argument and was just lazy so I copied and pasted."

See Occam's razor/INSIJS
BigA
Analyst

Post#140 » by BigA » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:25 pm

fishercob wrote:One of the mods just told me offline that for the first time in eleven -- yes, ELEVEN -- years, RealGM has authorized an in-person investigation to get to the bottom of this. Those IP addresses will be traced to physical locations. Wow.

To be credible, this investigation has to be headed up by a former director of NSA or the FBI, or maybe a former Attorney General. In fact, I think you need a panel like the 9/11 Commission or the Warren Commission so that the broader public will accept the findings. Even then, people will be spinning a variety of conspiracy theories for years to come.

The hands11 Commission should include the most respected mods/posters from across RealGM. I guess that precludes anyone from the Knicks or Raptors boards.

Return to Washington Wizards