ImageImageImageImageImage

Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface)

Moderators: LyricalRico, montestewart, nate33

WizTom
Junior
Posts: 343
And1: 111
Joined: Sep 25, 2003
Location: NYC

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#141 » by WizTom » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:28 pm

The BBC News video player audio control goes up to - yup - ELEVEN:

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/international
User avatar
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,588
And1: 1,137
Joined: Jan 25, 2013
     

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#142 » by stevemcqueen1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:21 pm

Holy ****. Amazing.

I never suspected, but in hindsight it makes so much sense. It feels kind of like how it should have been obvious that Superman was Clark Kent without the glasses. God awful spelling was Hands's glasses.
User avatar
tontoz
RealGM
Posts: 16,877
And1: 2,402
Joined: Apr 11, 2005

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#143 » by tontoz » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:22 pm

BigA wrote:
closg00 wrote:
tontoz wrote:Hands would routinely misuse the words loss, lose and loose. Milellie is not hands11.


Agree, two totally different writing styles, I think they both utilized sock-puppets here.


So why hasn't milellie111 appeared to explain? It's not like plagiarism on a public message board is any big deal. "I liked hands11's argument and was just lazy so I copied and pasted."

See Occam's razor/INSIJS



Milellie obviously isn't very bright. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he copied someone else's argument since he isn't very capable of making a coherent argument himself.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
User avatar
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
Posts: 17,122
And1: 875
Joined: May 29, 2001
Location: Milliways
Contact:
       

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#144 » by TheSecretWeapon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:50 pm

tontoz wrote:
BigA wrote:
closg00 wrote:
Agree, two totally different writing styles, I think they both utilized sock-puppets here.


So why hasn't milellie111 appeared to explain? It's not like plagiarism on a public message board is any big deal. "I liked hands11's argument and was just lazy so I copied and pasted."

See Occam's razor/INSIJS



Milellie obviously isn't very bright. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he copied someone else's argument since he isn't very capable of making a coherent argument himself.

Yeah, but if he was looking for something coherent, why would he copy something written by hands?
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
User avatar
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,588
And1: 1,137
Joined: Jan 25, 2013
     

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#145 » by stevemcqueen1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Doc is right, no one else pisses off every single other poster like them. There is a common churlishness to them that is unique.

hands = millie. It has to be true.

I also think Sluggerface is right that the distinct IP addresses aren't an issue. He could be using a VPN. It would be somewhat burdensome to make sure you were never using the same addresses/devices for each account, but not overly so. And like someone else suggested (maybe Doc), this could have happened organically by setting his devices to remember his login and then forgetting his PW and not feeling like changing it. I have like ten different reddit accounts because I keep forgetting my login information and signing up for new ones.

Now we need to find out if milliehands = Ernie Grunfeld. Ernie's Hungarian or Serbian or something, not Italian, but as far as I'm concerned, that doesn't put him in the clear. Anyone know what kind of car Ernie drives? Anyone know if Ernie has Dissociative Identity Disorder? Has anyone ever met hands and/or seen him in the same room as Ernie?
fishercob
RealGM
Posts: 13,919
And1: 1,567
Joined: Apr 25, 2002
Location: Tenleytown, DC

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#146 » by fishercob » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:56 pm

closg00 wrote:
tontoz wrote:Hands would routinely misuse the words loss, lose and loose. Milellie is not hands11.


Agree, two totally different writing styles, I think they both utilized sock-puppets here.


I say this without animus or derision, but is it possible hands/millie have multiple personalities? If so, is it possible for one of those personalities to be a dyslexic, while one isn't? This wouldn't really seem to jibe with the multiple IP address thing though, so I don't know.

I'm still hoping this is performance art, having to do with doc, WizNasty, etc.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
User avatar
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,588
And1: 1,137
Joined: Jan 25, 2013
     

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#147 » by stevemcqueen1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Anyone have any theories on why the slip up that outed him happened? After so long, why now?

I think the most natural explanation is that Ernie's seat is hot and he's been under a lot of pressure lately and he got sloppy.
User avatar
tontoz
RealGM
Posts: 16,877
And1: 2,402
Joined: Apr 11, 2005

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#148 » by tontoz » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:12 pm

TheSecretWeapon wrote:Yeah, but if he was looking for something coherent, why would he copy something written by hands?



By Milellie's standards it probably seemed very coherent.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
User avatar
TGW
General Manager
Posts: 9,361
And1: 3,237
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#149 » by TGW » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:13 pm

milellie111 wrote:Reading some of the asinine suggestions on this board lately is mind boggling. A loss here or there, everyone wants to blow it up!! Yet those games we win, Wall posts triple doubles, Marcin averages double doubles on the season, Nene looks to form, Beal averaging 20ppg, Sessions arguing for best backup pg in the league, no one has any praise?

The goal of the Wizards should and will be to remain competitive and win as many games as possible. How can some of you guys as fans actually support prematurely throwing away an entire season purposefully? All for the sake of getting a GM and coach canned? Bush league!!

The players on this team with pride, careers, families and financial obligations, you think they will be on board to give up in the middle of the season to support the agenda of a few realgm posters? You think Ted, a successful billionaire, employer of many Monumental employees and dedicated owner sitting courtside at the games, would be happy to see his franchise mail it in? All to support the agenda a few realgm posters? Season ticket holders, fans with families bringing their kids to the games. How would they feel spending hundreds, thousands of dollars to see this team play at a competitive level? You think they would understand mailing in a season all to support the agenda of a few realgm posters?

Say Grunfeld and Wittman gets fired like many suggest. Kiss the Durant sweepstakes goodbye. He's definitely not coming to a rebuilding team.

A new GM would most likely blow this team up, and take at least 3 or 4 seasons to get it back on track. John Wall would be gone by then as he does not want to stick around on a rebuilding team wasting his career.

Then what? You've lost your main star/franchise player and you have to either trade/draft another one. 5+ years of missing the playoffs, potential revolving door of head coaches and falling back to the dark ages. Is that what some of you want? The grass is not always greener on the other side.

The best thing for the Wizards is to keep Grunfeld. Ted realizes this. The risk is not worth it. Canning him would set this franchise back longer than you might imagine.


I'm sorry but this post REEKS of Hands. The grammar is poor, and the tone is condescending and non-sensical. Also, the double exclamation points is a dead-on Hands11 giveaway.

I'm sorry peoples...millie11 is DEFINITELY hands.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
User avatar
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,588
And1: 1,137
Joined: Jan 25, 2013
     

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#150 » by stevemcqueen1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:13 pm

fishercob wrote:I'm still hoping this is performance art, having to do with doc, WizNasty, etc.


Don't even joke about that. Hands = millie = WIZD??? If that turns out to be true then I'm out. Done with the internet. There will be nothing remaining for it to teach me. No greater treasures left to reveal. I will go and live as a hermit in some distant Stupa and pass the rest of my days in solitary reflection.
User avatar
keynote
General Manager
Posts: 8,911
And1: 2,179
Joined: May 20, 2002
Location: Acceptance
         

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#151 » by keynote » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:26 pm

BigA wrote:So that's a new theory: milellie111 set up hands11. Goddamn b*tch set him up.


Image
If my son makes the NBA, I'd probably act *exactly* like LaVar Ball: *insufferable*. Pray for me.
User avatar
AFM
General Manager
Posts: 8,357
And1: 4,523
Joined: May 25, 2012

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#152 » by AFM » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:28 pm

The difference between millie and hands is hands would have written that post as "mind bottling" not boggling

Also Grunfeld is Romanian IIRC
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 20,759
And1: 2,610
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#154 » by closg00 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:18 pm

The "sit back" usage by Millie is also a Hands trademark, I am starting to believe. It just appears that the grammar was separate and distinct, perhaps it wasn't.

Side-note, someone here speculated that Hands has Aspergers or some other affliction, the way that he abused logic to defend Ernie was just bizarre.
fishercob
RealGM
Posts: 13,919
And1: 1,567
Joined: Apr 25, 2002
Location: Tenleytown, DC

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#155 » by fishercob » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:33 pm

TGW wrote:
milellie111 wrote:Reading some of the asinine suggestions on this board lately is mind boggling. A loss here or there, everyone wants to blow it up!! Yet those games we win, Wall posts triple doubles, Marcin averages double doubles on the season, Nene looks to form, Beal averaging 20ppg, Sessions arguing for best backup pg in the league, no one has any praise?

The goal of the Wizards should and will be to remain competitive and win as many games as possible. How can some of you guys as fans actually support prematurely throwing away an entire season purposefully? All for the sake of getting a GM and coach canned? Bush league!!

The players on this team with pride, careers, families and financial obligations, you think they will be on board to give up in the middle of the season to support the agenda of a few realgm posters? You think Ted, a successful billionaire, employer of many Monumental employees and dedicated owner sitting courtside at the games, would be happy to see his franchise mail it in? All to support the agenda a few realgm posters? Season ticket holders, fans with families bringing their kids to the games. How would they feel spending hundreds, thousands of dollars to see this team play at a competitive level? You think they would understand mailing in a season all to support the agenda of a few realgm posters?

Say Grunfeld and Wittman gets fired like many suggest. Kiss the Durant sweepstakes goodbye. He's definitely not coming to a rebuilding team.

A new GM would most likely blow this team up, and take at least 3 or 4 seasons to get it back on track. John Wall would be gone by then as he does not want to stick around on a rebuilding team wasting his career.

Then what? You've lost your main star/franchise player and you have to either trade/draft another one. 5+ years of missing the playoffs, potential revolving door of head coaches and falling back to the dark ages. Is that what some of you want? The grass is not always greener on the other side.

The best thing for the Wizards is to keep Grunfeld. Ted realizes this. The risk is not worth it. Canning him would set this franchise back longer than you might imagine.


I'm sorry but this post REEKS of Hands. The grammar is poor, and the tone is condescending and non-sensical. Also, the double exclamation points is a dead-on Hands11 giveaway.

I'm sorry peoples...millie11 is DEFINITELY hands.


I disagree. This doesn't seem handsy to me. Hands rambled. He boasted. He claimed to have seen the present long ago and urged us all to wait and see for the future (as clog00 noted).
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
User avatar
Illuminaire
Veteran
Posts: 2,722
And1: 367
Joined: Jan 04, 2010
 

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#156 » by Illuminaire » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Some of the grammatical arguments have merit. At the same time, let's not forget, if Millie was Hands' Bourne Identity, he came with a mission. Laser focused. On target with his message. Dedicated to not just his own irreconcilable leaps of logic, but to trolling the board that jilted him.

Banning can change a man. Harden him. Give him a reason to stop using Voice-to-text and edit his damned posts.
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 54,919
And1: 8,940
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#157 » by nate33 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:59 pm

I trust doclinkin on this. The guy has way better instincts on this stuff than me. If doc says milelle111 is hands11, I believe.

Bravo hands11! Pretty impressive that you managed to maintain a sufficiently different personality that it wasn't obvious. Of course, that means your rambling, annoying style as the hands11 persona was intentional, and therefore trolling.
User avatar
AFM
General Manager
Posts: 8,357
And1: 4,523
Joined: May 25, 2012

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#158 » by AFM » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:05 pm

Maybe hands was his drunken alter ego. When he would get black out drunk and type on the iphone keypad with no regard for the english language
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 46,067
And1: 5,492
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Hands11...he just couldn't help himself lol (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#159 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:09 pm

fishercob wrote:
closg00 wrote:
tontoz wrote:Hands would routinely misuse the words loss, lose and loose. Milellie is not hands11.


Agree, two totally different writing styles, I think they both utilized sock-puppets here.


I say this without animus or derision, but is it possible hands/millie have multiple personalities? If so, is it possible for one of those personalities to be a dyslexic, while one isn't? This wouldn't really seem to jibe with the multiple IP address thing though, so I don't know.

I'm still hoping this is performance art, having to do with doc, WizNasty, etc.


Yes, it is. That is kind of why I'm not really not able to enjoy the levity. This whole thing is more macabre, bizarre, and a little sad to me. It's not funny until somebody comes forth and says it was intended to be a joke.
Living the best life I can...God is GOOD all the time.

I enjoy debating sports, not fussing at others who might have a different opinion. RealGM is for FUN.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,692
And1: 42,141
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#160 » by bondom34 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Just from an outside POV the phone idea makes sense with the grammatical issues. Autocorrect and typos aren't uncommon if one was a phone poster and one on a PC at home. It makes sense, and is just so fantastic.
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...

Return to Washington Wizards