ImageImageImageImageImage

Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface)

Moderators: montestewart, nate33, LyricalRico

User avatar
TGW
General Manager
Posts: 9,293
And1: 3,201
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#281 » by TGW » Mon May 23, 2016 2:54 am

payitforward wrote:If Milellie really were Elle Leonsis (which I doubt very seriously), then that would prove Milellie and Hands are not the same person -- given Hands' occasional forays into how to pick up women. They were too clueless to have been written by a female.


I agree that Millelie and Hands aren't the same. But I'm sure ZaelleDC is Millelie, and I'm not sure who the hell he/she is other than a raging idiot.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
payitforward
RealGM
Posts: 12,262
And1: 3,837
Joined: May 02, 2012
Location: On the Atlantic

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#282 » by payitforward » Mon May 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Now that I see your tag line, it's obvious that Millelie can't be one of Leonsis' kids! Unless maybe the "arrogant cheapskate" bit was written when she was a teenager? :)
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.
User avatar
TGW
General Manager
Posts: 9,293
And1: 3,201
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#283 » by TGW » Mon May 23, 2016 2:44 pm

payitforward wrote:Now that I see your tag line, it's obvious that Millelie can't be one of Leonsis' kids! Unless maybe the "arrogant cheapskate" bit was written when she was a teenager? :)


lol maybe she was in her rebel stage :lol:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
User avatar
long suffrin' boulez fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,525
And1: 1,727
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: In EG's alternate realty
         

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#284 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon May 23, 2016 8:49 pm

So, as I was saying (cough, cough, subliminal message - It's Doc) that when the NASDAQ is strong (cough, cough, subliminal message - It's Doc), the economy usually can survive disruptions in the Asian (cough, cough, It's Doc) markets.
In Rizzo we trust
User avatar
AFM
General Manager
Posts: 8,350
And1: 4,519
Joined: May 25, 2012

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#285 » by AFM » Tue May 24, 2016 9:31 pm

Whats going on here?

viewtopic.php?t=1353226

Looks like ZaElle wrote a long winded post shredding Dan Snyder and then had it deleted. Hmmm.... Didn't want to get daddy in trouble with his colleagues huh.
fishercob
RealGM
Posts: 13,919
And1: 1,567
Joined: Apr 25, 2002
Location: Tenleytown, DC

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#286 » by fishercob » Wed May 25, 2016 12:25 am

AFM wrote:Whats going on here?

viewtopic.php?t=1353226

Looks like ZaElle wrote a long winded post shredding Dan Snyder and then had it deleted. Hmmm.... Didn't want to get daddy in trouble with his colleagues huh.


Blasting nepotism would make it seem less likely that it's Ted's kin, given that Zach is now in senior management.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
User avatar
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
Posts: 17,122
And1: 875
Joined: May 29, 2001
Location: Milliways
Contact:
       

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#287 » by TheSecretWeapon » Wed May 25, 2016 1:18 am

fishercob wrote:
AFM wrote:Whats going on here?

viewtopic.php?t=1353226

Looks like ZaElle wrote a long winded post shredding Dan Snyder and then had it deleted. Hmmm.... Didn't want to get daddy in trouble with his colleagues huh.


Blasting nepotism would make it seem less likely that it's Ted's kin, given that Zach is now in senior management.

Maybe Elle wanted that spot in management. :o
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
User avatar
AFM
General Manager
Posts: 8,350
And1: 4,519
Joined: May 25, 2012

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#288 » by AFM » Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 am

I don't think Elle would name her own account Zach-Elle-DC.

IMO, the username points to either:

a shared account for the two of them

Ted's wife
fishercob
RealGM
Posts: 13,919
And1: 1,567
Joined: Apr 25, 2002
Location: Tenleytown, DC

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#289 » by fishercob » Wed May 25, 2016 1:15 pm

AFM wrote:I don't think Elle would name her own account Zach-Elle-DC.

IMO, the username points to either:

a shared account for the two of them

Ted's wife


One of their nannies? Perhaps their butler or driver?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
User avatar
AFM
General Manager
Posts: 8,350
And1: 4,519
Joined: May 25, 2012

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#290 » by AFM » Wed May 25, 2016 1:27 pm

fishercob wrote:
AFM wrote:I don't think Elle would name her own account Zach-Elle-DC.

IMO, the username points to either:

a shared account for the two of them

Ted's wife


One of their nannies? Perhaps their butler or driver?


All of them, a la Orient Express
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 12,669
And1: 4,941
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#291 » by montestewart » Wed May 25, 2016 1:43 pm

It's probably a UMD PhD candidate, getting a lot of action from her behavioral science experiments. I often thought Hands was just performing a study of internet responses. This is probably just a new segment of the study.
User avatar
long suffrin' boulez fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,525
And1: 1,727
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: In EG's alternate realty
         

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#292 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu May 26, 2016 12:53 am

COD s'ti
In Rizzo we trust
User avatar
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,118
And1: 3,478
Joined: Dec 17, 2001
Location: Cabin John, MD
       

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#293 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu May 26, 2016 7:07 pm

One thing this thread has done is turn Millie into a ghost. Too bad, too. He (she?) always added color to the board.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
User avatar
long suffrin' boulez fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,525
And1: 1,727
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: In EG's alternate realty
         

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#294 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri May 27, 2016 2:52 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:One thing this thread has done is turn Millie into a ghost. Too bad, too. He (she?) always added color to the board.



Imagine
This

Item
Sans

Donors
Occupants, or
Clients
In Rizzo we trust
User avatar
doclinkin
General Manager
Posts: 9,430
And1: 1,592
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#295 » by doclinkin » Sun May 29, 2016 3:50 am

ZaElle is Ted. That part is clear. That's the part I love about having Leonsis as an owner and what I was most looking forward to when he took over the team. The idea that we could engage with a forward thinking owner who night recognize the value of crowd sourced intelligence. The way our Intelligence agencies do.

I do think we always have to realize that in part Ted is protecting the brand. So his voiced opinion may sometimes have spin. If the team loses money, if the fanbase loses faith, then the front office loses flexibility to make moves when they have to. Okay some of those moves are things like paying a coach you have to fire, or paying to get rid of Andray Blatche. Those moves are kicking kitty litter over a lump, but still, things like advanced camera systems cost real world dollars. Exceeding the cap by a large amount or paying lux tax would cost real money of the rewards were worth it, if we were close.

But this is a business, a team, a City with a dangerously fickle fanbase. We are the diehards, we tend not to go away, he can count on our votes, but consider how much of his building is filled by casual fans, transient fans, folks whose core loyalties were forged far from DC. Lobbyist boxes, those dollars can be spent somewhere else if the narrative of the team is 'perennial hopeless case' and 'laughingstock'. So dollars get spent, moves get made, to keep us at least mediocre. And Ted smoothly assures the general public there's a plan and and things are going well, and strike up the band on the Titanic. We know better because we're not even in steerage class, we're mooks in the boiler room hired to shovel coal into engines that are filling with water. Nothing he says will change our opinion all that much. The building is filled with pleasure cruise types more than internet trolls. Hell half the dudes on this board are posting from Australia or Poland or China or Estonia or roll call, check in, where you from?

So recall always that sometimes Ted has to gild a turd and tell you it's a pure ingot.

But the fact that he listens is not bad. We end up landing Morris Almond and a few other minor moves that were made, where it was a position intelligently advocated by a respected poster here and there, and it made me wonder if in fact the team did listen some. Sadly you can't crowdsource the entire GM job. Just make suggestions here and there.

But occasionally its got to be nice to hear a voice speak on behalf of the team, maybe turn the tide of public opinion or at least give room for a sunnier outlook. Nice to have a millie on board every now and again.
User avatar
AFM
General Manager
Posts: 8,350
And1: 4,519
Joined: May 25, 2012

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#296 » by AFM » Sun May 29, 2016 3:53 am

It would be really cool if Ted posted a photo holding a sign saying "yes I'm Zaelle"

Greatest owner ever
User avatar
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,118
And1: 3,478
Joined: Dec 17, 2001
Location: Cabin John, MD
       

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#297 » by pineappleheadindc » Sun May 29, 2016 4:01 am

doclinkin wrote:ZaElle is Ted. That part is clear. That's the part I love about having Leonsis as an owner and what I was most looking forward to when he took over the team. The idea that we could engage with a forward thinking owner who night recognize the value of crowd sourced intelligence. The way our Intelligence agencies do.

I do think we always have to realize that in part Ted is protecting the brand. So his voiced opinion may sometimes have spin. If the team loses money, if the fanbase loses faith, then the front office loses flexibility to make moves when they have to. Okay some of those moves are things like paying a coach you have to fire, or paying to get rid of Andray Blatche. Those moves are kicking kitty litter over a lump, but still, things like advanced camera systems cost real world dollars. Exceeding the cap by a large amount or paying lux tax would cost real money of the rewards were worth it, if we were close.

But this is a business, a team, a City with a dangerously fickle fanbase. We are the diehards, we tend not to go away, he can count on our votes, but consider how much of his building is filled by casual fans, transient fans, folks whose core loyalties were forged far from DC. Lobbyist boxes, those dollars can be spent somewhere else if the narrative of the team is 'perennial hopeless case' and 'laughingstock'. So dollars get spent, moves get made, to keep us at least mediocre. And Ted smoothly assures the general public there's a plan and and things are going well, and strike up the band on the Titanic. We know better because we're not even in steerage class, we're mooks in the boiler room hired to shovel coal into engines that are filling with water. Nothing he says will change our opinion all that much. The building is filled with pleasure cruise types more than internet trolls. Hell half the dudes on this board are posting from Australia or Poland or China or Estonia or roll call, check in, where you from?

So recall always that sometimes Ted has to gild a turd and tell you it's a pure ingot.

But the fact that he listens is not bad. We end up landing Morris Almond and a few other minor moves that were made, where it was a position intelligently advocated by a respected poster here and there, and it made me wonder if in fact the team did listen some. Sadly you can't crowdsource the entire GM job. Just make suggestions here and there.

But occasionally its got to be nice to hear a voice speak on behalf of the team, maybe turn the tide of public opinion or at least give room for a sunnier outlook. Nice to have a millie on board every now and again.


Yes, doc, it's nice to have you around. But hmmmm, now I'm wondering if --


Millie = doc = Ted?

:nod:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

--Confucius



"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"

- Yoda
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 12,669
And1: 4,941
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#298 » by montestewart » Sun May 29, 2016 4:14 am

Doc! Fire EGg! That can't be too hard to spin, can it? "...to spend more time with his family," should do it. Anyone who thinks he's a good GM will believe anything.
User avatar
long suffrin' boulez fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,525
And1: 1,727
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: In EG's alternate realty
         

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#299 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun May 29, 2016 4:17 am

Has anyone ever seen Doc and Milllieeiee posting at the same time?

#itisdoc
In Rizzo we trust
User avatar
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,118
And1: 3,478
Joined: Dec 17, 2001
Location: Cabin John, MD
       

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#300 » by pineappleheadindc » Sun May 29, 2016 4:27 am

Please Ted....errrr, I mean doc. Fire Ernie and you can have Miller's moderator slot.

:nod:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

--Confucius



"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"

- Yoda

Return to Washington Wizards