The 2017 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Re: The 2017 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#541 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 8, 2017 8:46 pm

Ruzious wrote:

Jordan Bell is leading the rookies in winshares per 48. I'll take a pat on the back for that, thank you. John Collins - also lookin good - has a shot at ROY, imo. I liked Tatum, but I thought Josh Jackson would be better - so far, I'm way off on that. I had no idea Kuzma was so good until the preseason.

Re: Bell -- I'll give you a pat on the back if you'll give me one. I was all over him in the run-up to the draft. OTOH... lets be fair: he's played 87 minutes! :)

Tatum & Simmons look awfully good so far for RoY.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#542 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 8, 2017 8:55 pm

Btw 27 of the 30 NBA teams have rookies who've played minutes. Guess which team is one of the 3 missing from the list?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#543 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:42 pm

payitforward wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Jordan Bell is leading the rookies in winshares per 48. I'll take a pat on the back for that, thank you. John Collins - also lookin good - has a shot at ROY, imo. I liked Tatum, but I thought Josh Jackson would be better - so far, I'm way off on that. I had no idea Kuzma was so good until the preseason.

Re: Bell -- I'll give you a pat on the back if you'll give me one. I was all over him in the run-up to the draft. OTOH... lets be fair: he's played 87 minutes! :)

Tatum & Simmons look awfully good so far for RoY.

I keep forgetting Simmons is a rookie. He's got it in the bag.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#544 » by Dark Faze » Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:14 pm

"We don't think there's anyone there that can help us"

- Ernie Grunfeld nearly ever year
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#545 » by I_Like_Dirt » Thu Nov 9, 2017 3:32 pm

Dark Faze wrote:"We don't think there's anyone there that can help us"

Did you know that 2020 hasn't even happened yet and may never even happen? We should be looking at improving the team in the immediate! We can always sign more free agents!

Paid for by the Ernie Grunfeld School of Basketball Management
Bucket! Bucket!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#546 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:16 pm

I_Like_Dirt wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:"We don't think there's anyone there that can help us"

Did you know that 2020 hasn't even happened yet and may never even happen? We should be looking at improving the team in the immediate! We can always sign more free agents!

Paid for by the Ernie Grunfeld School of Basketball Management

The only free agents we'll be able to sign will be minimum salary free agents.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#547 » by I_Like_Dirt » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:41 pm

Ruzious wrote:The only free agents we'll be able to sign will be minimum salary free agents.

So you agree, the free agent well is endless!

The Ernie Grunfeld School of Basketball Management - now endorsed by Ruzious on the Wizards realgm forum!
Bucket! Bucket!
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: RE: Re: The 2017 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#548 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:22 pm

NatP4 wrote:
DANNYLANDOVER wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
If we drafted McCaw and Bell, they would be on the bench this season behind Jason Smith and Jodie Meeks, you don't get the value part without actually letting them play

Bull crap! Your rhetoric is getting tiring. Absolve Ernie of all wrongdoing and blame it on coach Brooks for not playing scrubs. Pretty sure if Ernie actually found good, young players, coach Brooks would play them.

My rhetoric gets tiring? people on this board blame Ernie for Bojan playing over Oubre by saying "brooks didn't wanna show up his boss"

You know for a fact that Jordan Bell would not play one second over Jason Smith on this team, and McCaw would be sitting on the bench behind Marcus Thornton. All of you guys will see after this year when some of our younger guys hopefully get to play, since you insist on being ignorant about Brooks' history, whether its playing Derrick Fisher over Jeremy Lamb or Nick Collison over Perry Jones.

Bump

In the playoffs that they lost against Boston Sheldon Mac should have played. He had both quickness and athleticism and would have brought energy that boullion bogdanovich did not.

I'm leaving my crappy translation as is I hate this phone...

Scott Brooks does not play energy guys that have athleticism. As bad as he is there's no way Chris McCullough could hurt this team this year. Carrick Felix got cut without even playing.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#549 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:23 pm

NatP4 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
My rhetoric gets tiring? people on this board blame Ernie for Bojan playing over Oubre by saying "brooks didn't wanna show up his boss"

You know for a fact that Jordan Bell would not play one second over Jason Smith on this team, and McCaw would be sitting on the bench behind Marcus Thornton. All of you guys will see after this year when some of our younger guys hopefully get to play, since you insist on being ignorant about Brooks' history, whether its playing Derrick Fisher over Jeremy Lamb or Nick Collison over Perry Jones.

Yeah obviously Brooks was an idiot for not playing Perry Jones.

It's funny to watch you trash the coach for not playing fringe prospects over and over again.

Jeremy Lamb isn't a fringe prospect. Perry Jones started that season with back to back to back 20 point games and a 30 point game against the clippers only to be thrown back into the doghouse in favor of the Nick Collison playing Small forward experiment, which was hilarious. Also played Sefolosha over Harden and Fisher over Reggie Jackson regularly. Thunder fans hate the guy for a reason, they must all be wrong also.

please explain to me how a 2nd round pick or undrafted player comes to the wizards and leaves the "fringe prospect" category under Scott Brooks? It's not even possible. BROOKS LITERALLY USED BURKE JENNINGS AND THORNTON AS HIS BACKUP BACKCOURT ALL SEASON AND YOU DEFEND THAT. asinine.

NatP4 you're absolutely right about Coach Scott Brooks

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#550 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:30 pm

payitforward wrote:Btw 27 of the 30 NBA teams have rookies who've played minutes. Guess which team is one of the 3 missing from the list?

Ernie Grunfeld ...

It is extremely frustrating to see this man continue to keep his job.

Bye bye Beal.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#551 » by queridiculo » Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:42 pm

Frustrating doesn't even accurately describe it anymore.

It's like groundhog day, only instead of an alarm clock it's a kick in the balls that wakes you up every morning.
RealGM

Post#552 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:40 am

Mumbo jumbo....

Posted in wrong thread...
Bye bye Beal.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Post#553 » by NatP4 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:50 pm

Bump

If we do go the route of keeping our pick and not opting for a rental, Mitchell Robinson is our guy, hands down.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#554 » by pcbothwel » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:23 pm

NatP4 wrote:Bump

If we do go the route of keeping our pick and not opting for a rental, Mitchell Robinson is our guy, hands down.

Im glad someone is joining on the bandwagon... Though I think he goes in the late lotto when its all said and done. He'll measure in similar to WCS and blow away the athletic testing.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Post#555 » by NatP4 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:26 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Bump

Im glad someone is joining on the bandwagon... Though I think he goes in the late lotto when its all said and done. He'll measure in similar to WCS and blow away the athletic testing.

Maybe Ernie can pull another Oubre type of move where he gives up 2nd round picks to move up into the back end of the lottery.

He’s our guy.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#556 » by Ruzious » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:51 pm

Someone needs to start a 2018 draft thread. I thought Doc did, but I couldn't find it. I see it as a draft full o bigs and Bridges's.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#557 » by closg00 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 9:08 pm

payitforward wrote:Btw 27 of the 30 NBA teams have rookies who've played minutes. Guess which team is one of the 3 missing from the list?

Where can one track these rookie minutes?
RealGM

Post#558 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:44 am

Ruzious wrote:Someone needs to start a 2018 draft thread. I thought Doc did, but I couldn't find it. I see it as a draft full o bigs and Bridges's.

The first post in the 2018 draft thread should be: Guess the date that Ernie Grunfeld trades the pick.
Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,352

Post#559 » by Kanyewest » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:04 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:There are so many intriguing players that may be around late, Morris, Mason, Dorsey, Brooks, Keane, Hart, Karnowski, and others. I think it would hard to pick a bust, but if anyone could its EG.

I agree. There's going to be some (maybe 3) eventual NBA starters picked late.

I like Hart, Morris, Young, and I'm thinking Mason is going to be surprisingly good.

:D

Mason has looked really good this season, shooting 50% from 3. He's putting up better numbers than De'Aaron Fox.
RealGM

Post#560 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:10 am

Kanyewest wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:There are so many intriguing players that may be around late, Morris, Mason, Dorsey, Brooks, Keane, Hart, Karnowski, and others. I think it would hard to pick a bust, but if anyone could its EG.

I agree. There's going to be some (maybe 3) eventual NBA starters picked late.

I like Hart, Morris, Young, and I'm thinking Mason is going to be surprisingly good.

:D

Mason has looked really good this season, shooting 50% from 3. He's putting up better numbers than De'Aaron Fox.

I'm not at all surprised.

Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards