ImageImageImageImageImage

All things Chris McCullough

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Re: All things Chris McCullough 

Post#61 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 9:01 pm

Bulk is not always best its strength that matters, he could just have really lean muscle mass, but be pretty strong, and he's obviously going to have a speed advantage over bulkier PF's Lets see how he does, he could play his way in to the rotation if he starts hitting his 3's better than scott.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,316

Post#62 » by NatP4 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 9:07 pm

Dat2U wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:He was so highly touted, the Nets didn't even bother to give him extended burn in regular season games. The Nets, a team desperate for youth and with no draft picks basically threw McCullough into the Wizards trade with no hesitation.

And of course if he doesn't somehow force is way into a rotation this year, it's the coaching staff's fault because it's obvious he's an elite talent.

Good point, we should probably cut everyone that can't beat out Trey Burke and Marcus Thornton, also should base all of our decisions off of what Brooklyn does. Brilliant analysis as always from Mr. "He's only considered a good shooter because he's white"/Lou Williams number 1 fan Dat2U

We probably should cut anyone that can't beat out Burke & Thornton. And yes, Brooklyn's cupboard is bare. If they can't find use for a young big man with upside then he probably didn't show much.

Also the next time your funny will be your first. There was nothing wrong with wanting Lou Will. We probably beat Boston if we had Lou instead of Brandon Jennings.

Yeah I'm sure most teams would prefer a player that required a 1st round pick in trade over a player off the streets recently cut by the New York Knicks, don't see how that's relevant.

You are the only poster on here that actually thinks Burke and Thornton deserved PT over Sato and Mac. Only one.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#63 » by NatP4 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 9:09 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Bulk is not always best its strength that matters, he could just have really lean muscle mass, but be pretty strong, and he's obviously going to have a speed advantage over bulkier PF's Lets see how he does, he could play his way in to the rotation if he starts hitting his 3's better than scott.

We should probably cut him because Brooklyn traded him. Just like Dallas should cut Yogi because they passed on him as well. It's not like Brooklyn is the worst team in the NBA, every team should base their decisions on a system called WWBKD. We should probably now trade our future for Paul pierce and Kevin Garnett
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#64 » by Dat2U » Wed Jul 5, 2017 11:38 pm

NatP4 wrote:You are the only poster on here that actually thinks Burke and Thornton deserved PT over Sato and Mac. Only one.

When did I ever say that? Of course I would have preferred Sato & Mac. However, unlike you, I'm not blind to the fact that Sato & Mac were:

a. rookies.
b. a former 2nd round draft pick & undrafted free agent respectively.
c. Sato was incapable of running an offense.
d. Neither was capable of knocking down open jumper
e. Mac (an undrafted rookie) had to earn trust from the coaching staff after being 'too cool' early in the season. http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/morning-tip-sheldon-mcclellan-earns-trust-wizards-coaching-stafff

But tell me again how a flawed former 2nd round pick and undrafted rookie with bouts of laziness are supposed to be clear cut choices over veteran players?
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#65 » by Dat2U » Wed Jul 5, 2017 11:40 pm

NatP4 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Bulk is not always best its strength that matters, he could just have really lean muscle mass, but be pretty strong, and he's obviously going to have a speed advantage over bulkier PF's Lets see how he does, he could play his way in to the rotation if he starts hitting his 3's better than scott.

We should probably cut him because Brooklyn traded him. Just like Dallas should cut Yogi because they passed on him as well. It's not like Brooklyn is the worst team in the NBA, every team should base their decisions on a system called WWBKD. We should probably now trade our future for Paul pierce and Kevin Garnett

Yogi proved to be a passable role player at PG. Big whoop. I don't think Dallas is viewing him as a key piece to the future.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#66 » by NatP4 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 2:41 am

Dat2U wrote:
NatP4 wrote:You are the only poster on here that actually thinks Burke and Thornton deserved PT over Sato and Mac. Only one.

When did I ever say that? Of course I would have preferred Sato & Mac. However, unlike you, I'm not blind to the fact that Sato & Mac were:

a. rookies.
e. Mac (an undrafted rookie) had to earn trust from the coaching staff after being 'too cool' early in the season. http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/morning-tip-sheldon-mcclellan-earns-trust-wizards-coaching-stafff

But tell me again how a flawed former 2nd round pick and undrafted rookie with bouts of laziness are supposed to be clear cut choices over veteran players?

They were clear cut choices. What else do you need? Sato and Mac were top 30 defenders at shooting guard. Burke and Thornton were probably the worst two defenders at their respective positions. This isn't rocket science lol. You just wanna argue and be butthurt over Brooks criticism as always. You would've preferred Sato and Mac, but it would've been tough for Brooks to understand which players are better? Ok got it
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#67 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 3:49 am

NatP4 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

a. rookies.

They were clear cut choices. What else do you need? Sato and Mac were top 30 defenders at shooting guard. Burke and Thornton were probably the worst two defenders at their respective positions. This isn't rocket science lol. You just wanna argue and be butthurt over Brooks criticism as always. You would've preferred Sato and Mac, but it would've been tough for Brooks to understand which players are better? Ok got it

Hold it fellas
Brooks more than likely didn't hold them out because of a grudge or a hard on for vets, Tomas is still raw on offence, and Mac is just plain raw. yes they played really good defence last year! they probably did deserve a chance over burke and thornton and jennings.But brooks knew those three were not coming back and he was not afraid to let those three get abused by more experienced players, I imagine he was protecting them while giving them the playing time he could all while trying to keep us in the hunt. What would have been the point of tossing tomas and Mac to the wolves? we were winning games! no reason to kill the confidence of your only young assets when you are already winning games with guys who don't matter. Now this is the year tomas and mac have to show improvement. we brought them competent competition, lets see how they do!
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Re: RE: Re: All things Chris McCullough 

Post#68 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jul 6, 2017 1:11 pm

Dat2U wrote:He was so highly touted, the Nets didn't even bother to give him extended burn in regular season games. The Nets, a team desperate for youth and with no draft picks basically threw McCullough into the Wizards trade with no hesitation.

And of course if he doesn't somehow force is way into a rotation this year, it's the coaching staff's fault because it's obvious he's an elite talent.

See Yogi Ferrell.

Sent from my LG-D851 using RealGM mobile app
NatP4
RealGM

Post#69 » by NatP4 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:32 am

Breaking news, water is wet
Read on Twitter
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,839

Re: RE: Re: All things Chris McCullough 

Post#70 » by Karate Diop » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 am

Kanyewest wrote:

See Yogi Ferrell.

Sent from my LG-D851 using RealGM mobile app

They gave Yogi opportunities and he sucked. They also weren't as comfortable as the Mavericks to turning a blind eye to his inability to guard anyone.

Sometimes a different system is all a player needs.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#71 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:17 pm

NatP4 wrote:Breaking news, water is wet
Read on Twitter

A shiddy player playing like shid

Thanks Ernie
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#72 » by dangermouse » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:33 pm

No excuses, not blaming anyone but himself? I like this kid now. Hope he blows up.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#73 » by NatP4 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:38 pm

dangermouse wrote:No excuses, not blaming anyone but himself? I like this kid now. Hope he blows up.

Don't get your hopes up
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#74 » by TGW » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Cut him and open up a spot for a real NBA player, please.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#75 » by queridiculo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:08 pm

McCullough serves his purpose, our make belief 2017 first round draft pick
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#76 » by closg00 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:26 pm

I wonder how-long we will the Wizards keep-up the pretense that CMC is our legit 1st-round pick? Even-though we could make better use of CMC's roster spot, Politically, we won't part-ways with him until it comes time to pick-up his option.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#77 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:31 pm

You guys need to relax. We have him for this year, so lets give him a little burn.
Summer League is terrible for non-ball handlers. Mac/Keene can thrive because they can control the game more.
CMC looks a little out of sorts, but these guys are just running into each other with no rhythm.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#78 » by Tricky_Kid » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Seems like cool guy, many fotos with fans... just he isn't good as a player at least for now

Nice view
NatP4
RealGM

Post#79 » by NatP4 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:14 pm

pcbothwel wrote:You guys need to relax. We have him for this year, so lets give him a little burn.
Summer League is terrible for non-ball handlers. Mac/Keene can thrive because they can control the game more.
CMC looks a little out of sorts, but these guys are just running into each other with no rhythm.

This is a good point. Most non shot creators look awful in summer league. Won't give up just yet
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#80 » by JWizmentality » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:17 pm

Can only go up from here

Return to Washington Wizards