ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#781 » by gambitx777 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:06 am

Josh Rosen would cost a lot moree imo, and might not be better than who ever we can get in the draft.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#782 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:20 am

gambitx777 wrote:Josh Rosen would cost a lot moree imo, and might not be better than who ever we can get in the draft.

I'm not following. Josh Rosen's on the 2nd year of a rookie contract - made lower by a signing bonus.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#783 » by Wizardspride » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#784 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

The chart shows 14 - 16 mil a year cap hit after the first year. I'm not sure how that's genius, but... I guess it's not the end of the world because the cap will continue to rise. And you know eventually there's going to be gambling revenue - which will likely be enormous - a lot more than the NBA will get - sorry Ted. Ok, we get a quality DB/leader - that can't be too bad... for the Washington Crimson Tide. Hey, Crimson goes with burgundy. Why not? The Crimson and Gold.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#785 » by gambitx777 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:35 am

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Josh Rosen would cost a lot moree imo, and might not be better than who ever we can get in the draft.

I'm not following. Josh Rosen's on the 2nd year of a rookie contract - made lower by a signing bonus.

As in cost more to trade for, as in what we would need to give up to get him. Would probably be more than what we gave Denver.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#786 » by Ruzious » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:05 pm

I love AP, but I don't get bringing him back. They have a ton of RB's that are more capapble of doing different things, and they should be using players who are much much much younger. Guice should be their workhorse, and Thompson should play a lot. Marshall should also get PT. That should be it - and it leaves zero room for AP. The Skins are already a poor passing team, and using AP - who's a negative in the passing game - hurts the offense more than helps.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#787 » by Rafael122 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Ruzious wrote:I love AP, but I don't get bringing him back. They have a ton of RB's that are more capapble of doing different things, and they should be using players who are much much much younger. Guice should be their workhorse, and Thompson should play a lot. Marshall should also get PT. That should be it - and it leaves zero room for AP. The Skins are already a poor passing team, and using AP - who's a negative in the passing game - hurts the offense more than helps.

Guice is coming off a torn ACL, Thompson is oft-injured and everyone else is unproven.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#788 » by Ruzious » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:36 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I love AP, but I don't get bringing him back. They have a ton of RB's that are more capapble of doing different things, and they should be using players who are much much much younger. Guice should be their workhorse, and Thompson should play a lot. Marshall should also get PT. That should be it - and it leaves zero room for AP. The Skins are already a poor passing team, and using AP - who's a negative in the passing game - hurts the offense more than helps.

Guice is coming off a torn ACL, Thompson is oft-injured and everyone else is unproven.

They're going to continue to be unproven until they play. This is a team that's going nowhere, and going with a 34 year old RB makes no sense whatsoever. Going with Kapri Bibbs - who they unfortunately dumped last season... would make more sense.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#789 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:21 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:

They're going to continue to be unproven until they play. This is a team that's going nowhere, and going with a 34 year old RB makes no sense whatsoever. Going with Kapri Bibbs - who they unfortunately dumped last season... would make more sense.

Totally agree. I like AP a lot. But a team with a vision and a plan would never make this signing.
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#790 » by Wizardspride » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:55 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#791 » by Wizardspride » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#792 » by Wizardspride » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#793 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Uggg, it's like a restaurant CFO not consulting with the head chef on what ingredients they're going to buy. Not only should they be consulting with Gruden; they should be consulting with the offensive and defensive coordinators. I'm guessing the Skins are dead last in the NFL in communicating skills and will be dead last in the NFC East next season.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#794 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:59 am

Skins may have finally got the starting guard they've needed opposite Scherff - signing Ereck Flowers - the 2015 9th pick in the draft. He failed at tackle, but he's a road-grading run blocker at 6'6 330. Just not good enough pass-blocker to stay at RT. Still just 24. It's clear to see that the Skins want to be a power running team.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#795 » by Wizardspride » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:37 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#796 » by queridiculo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Ruzious wrote:Uggg, it's like a restaurant CFO not consulting with the head chef on what ingredients they're going to buy. Not only should they be consulting with Gruden; they should be consulting with the offensive and defensive coordinators. I'm guessing the Skins are dead last in the NFL in communicating skills and will be dead last in the NFC East next season.

The only reason Gruden is still around is optics.

Washington can't afford to let yet another headcoach go whilst under contract, so they'll just wait it out for a while longer.

With all these former headcoaches as co-ordinators I imagine a hunger games style battle for who's going to wear the crown for the 2021 season.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#797 » by Dark Faze » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:59 pm

i didnt realize the numbers that Haskins put up--kind of under the radar considering, no?
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#798 » by Wizardspride » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Dark Faze wrote:i didnt realize the numbers that Haskins put up--kind of under the radar considering, no?

Haskins under the radar?

Considering he was an Heisman Trophy finalist, I'd say "No". :D
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#799 » by Wizardspride » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#800 » by Wizardspride » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Washington Wizards