ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 11,257
And1: 4,927
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
Contact:
       

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#921 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jun 2, 2019 3:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
McCabe explains that Trump believed Putin over US intel about NK missiles: "Intel officials [told Trump his position] was not consistent with any of the intel our govt possesses. To which POTUS replied, 'I don't care. I believe Putin.'"
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 37,995
And1: 5,204
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#922 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:05 pm

Does this Trent Williams impass make sense to anyone? He's really holding out and refusing to ever play for the Redskins (while he has 2 years left on a contract that pays him over 10 million dollars a year) because he's pissed over the team's medical group? Has anything similar ever happened in the history of US pro sports? I mean... these are SPORTS doctors - not regular doctors you see about tumors on your head. He's hopefully smart enough to understand that, right? Maybe when they took that growth off his head, they accidentally took part of his brain?
"There's never an armed teacher around when you need one!" - montestewart
BearlyBallin
Senior
Posts: 568
And1: 141
Joined: Mar 27, 2017
     

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#923 » by BearlyBallin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:50 pm

Ruzious wrote:Does this Trent Williams impass make sense to anyone? He's really holding out and refusing to ever play for the Redskins (while he has 2 years left on a contract that pays him over 10 million dollars a year) because he's pissed over the team's medical group? Has anything similar ever happened in the history of US pro sports? I mean... these are SPORTS doctors - not regular doctors you see about tumors on your head. He's hopefully smart enough to understand that, right? Maybe when they took that growth off his head, they accidentally took part of his brain?


I heard Santana saying he didn’t think Trent was coming back. Now others suggesting Trent won’t be back anytime soon....

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
User avatar
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,262
And1: 197
Joined: Sep 21, 2001
Location: Australia
       

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#924 » by TNBT » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:52 pm

I’m hoping Williams comes back, but I’m damn glad we signed Penn just in case. Still, it would be interesting to see what we could get in return for him.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 37,995
And1: 5,204
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#925 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:17 pm

TNBT wrote:I’m hoping Williams comes back, but I’m damn glad we signed Penn just in case. Still, it would be interesting to see what we could get in return for him.

Most of the local media guys seem sure they can get at least a 2nd for him - maybe a first, but I'd be surprised if they get more than a 3rd. He's 31 with a contract getting him over 12 mil a year, and he's been very injury-prone the last few years - and teams know that eventually the Skins will drop him. Houston seems like the most logical destination, because they desperately need O-line help for DeShawn Watson, they have some extra picks, and Trent's from Texas.
"There's never an armed teacher around when you need one!" - montestewart
popper
Starter
Posts: 2,476
And1: 242
Joined: Jun 19, 2010

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#926 » by popper » Mon Aug 5, 2019 10:38 pm

Ruzious wrote:
TNBT wrote:I’m hoping Williams comes back, but I’m damn glad we signed Penn just in case. Still, it would be interesting to see what we could get in return for him.

Most of the local media guys seem sure they can get at least a 2nd for him - maybe a first, but I'd be surprised if they get more than a 3rd. He's 31 with a contract getting him over 12 mil a year, and he's been very injury-prone the last few years - and teams know that eventually the Skins will drop him. Houston seems like the most logical destination, because they desperately need O-line help for DeShawn Watson, they have some extra picks, and Trent's from Texas.


I think you’re right. A third round pick would be the best we could hope for but that might even be too optimistic. We should move him ASAP if he doesn’t want to play here.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 37,995
And1: 5,204
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#927 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:47 am

popper wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
TNBT wrote:I’m hoping Williams comes back, but I’m damn glad we signed Penn just in case. Still, it would be interesting to see what we could get in return for him.

Most of the local media guys seem sure they can get at least a 2nd for him - maybe a first, but I'd be surprised if they get more than a 3rd. He's 31 with a contract getting him over 12 mil a year, and he's been very injury-prone the last few years - and teams know that eventually the Skins will drop him. Houston seems like the most logical destination, because they desperately need O-line help for DeShawn Watson, they have some extra picks, and Trent's from Texas.


I think you’re right. A third round pick would be the best we could hope for but that might even be too optimistic. We should move him ASAP if he doesn’t want to play here.

Yeah, get a 3rd from Houston, Cleveland or NE, and make the situation go away - It might be the biggest distraction in football. I guess the good thing is that it takes away attention from the QB situation - which doesn't look good right now - though it sounds like the receivers group is looking a lot better than originally advertised.

Last year, we had the Cousins contract debacle dominating all the Skins conversation (not to mention the problem with the drunk GM and "leaked" sources in the front office), but they were finally able to quiet it some with the Alex Smith trade. Now they need to quell the Trent Williams dissention. Notice Bruce Allen seems to be a central figure in all the problems. Oh well. We'll see how the season goes. They actually have some talent, but these distractions never end.
"There's never an armed teacher around when you need one!" - montestewart
User avatar
TGW
General Manager
Posts: 9,238
And1: 3,168
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#928 » by TGW » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:03 pm

Would have been awesome if the Skins picked up Kaep. He would have energized the locker room and the fanbase, and at least made this team interesting while Haskins learns from the bench.

Those cowards have no problem picking up guys who beat their girlfriends (that's the NFL in general), but the guy who makes a political stand is a pariah.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 37,995
And1: 5,204
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#929 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:36 pm

TGW wrote:Would have been awesome if the Skins picked up Kaep. He would have energized the locker room and the fanbase, and at least made this team interesting while Haskins learns from the bench.

Those cowards have no problem picking up guys who beat their girlfriends (that's the NFL in general), but the guy who makes a political stand is a pariah.

There's a lot of truth there, but I give them a pass because I don't think Kaep fits their system and doubtful that Gruden's smart enough to adjust his system to fit Kaep. He's an RG3 style QB who's not very good in the pocket. Kaep definitely should be in the NFL.
"There's never an armed teacher around when you need one!" - montestewart
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 37,995
And1: 5,204
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#930 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:58 pm

Apparetly, Kirk Cousins still needs to get a grip. https://sports.yahoo.com/kirk-cousins-complains-garrett-bradbury-223303376.html

Kirk's already one step ahead... in coming up with an excuse for the inevitbable disappointing end to his season. :)
"There's never an armed teacher around when you need one!" - montestewart
User avatar
Kanyewest
General Manager
Posts: 7,668
And1: 1,238
Joined: Jul 05, 2004

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#931 » by Kanyewest » Thu Aug 8, 2019 9:02 pm

TGW wrote:Would have been awesome if the Skins picked up Kaep. He would have energized the locker room and the fanbase, and at least made this team interesting while Haskins learns from the bench.

Those cowards have no problem picking up guys who beat their girlfriends (that's the NFL in general), but the guy who makes a political stand is a pariah.


Certainly last season if Kaep was going to come it would have happened. Instead the Redskins got Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson,
BearlyBallin
Senior
Posts: 568
And1: 141
Joined: Mar 27, 2017
     

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#932 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:04 am

Baker Mayfield looked good.

We can’t keep holding every play.

Settle looks quicker.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
User avatar
queridiculo
RealGM
Posts: 13,677
And1: 5,099
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: Maximum Pain Zone
   

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#933 » by queridiculo » Fri Aug 9, 2019 10:52 am

TGW wrote:Would have been awesome if the Skins picked up Kaep. He would have energized the locker room and the fanbase, and at least made this team interesting while Haskins learns from the bench.

Those cowards have no problem picking up guys who beat their girlfriends (that's the NFL in general), but the guy who makes a political stand is a pariah.


Fat chance, Snyder is a trumpeteer.
Shoe
Senior
Posts: 704
And1: 583
Joined: Nov 06, 2017
 

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#934 » by Shoe » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Haskins has elite raw talent. Way more athletic and much stronger arm than scouts said. He can become a top tier QB.

Return to Washington Wizards